NXT Collector's Edition

LEGION

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are we just going to pretend that it's an okay business practice to withhold three of the bigger names in NXT for 90 days, if they even release them at all?

I know I won't pretend. Unfortunately, that kind of business practice seems all too common in the gaming industry these days...

So are we just going to pretend that it's an okay business practice to withhold three of the bigger names in NXT for 90 days, if they even release them at all?

How would it NOT be okay? The game is called WWE 2k17, no Pro Wrestling 2k17 or NXT 2k17.

NXT (and Legends) are a bonus to these games.

Are they even going to release the 3 NXTers after a certain amount of days? I get the vibe that they are exclusive only to those who get this limited edition version.

It doesn't say anything about being exclusives, although everything else in the collector's edition is called that. So they're definitely going to be available in some shape or form for everyone at some point

I just can't wrap my head around locking three MASSIVE names behind a $100 paywall that doesn't even include the season pass. If they threw those three into the Digital Deluxe Edition like they have with past games, I'd be less angry. The fact that the season pass isn't included in the NXT Edition means that 2k is forcing people to choose between the season pass and having Jax, Nakamura, and Crews at launch, unless they want to drop $130 on WWE 2k17. This is EA levels of money-grubbing.

Uhm...I don't think you understand what a Collector's edition is.

It's,,,for collectors. The poster, the cards, the figure. They're all limited exclusives, and therefore collector's items. As I said...the three wrestlers will definitely be available to everyone at some point, because they're NOT exclusives. They have no collector's value and there are only 50k collector editions available.

It is. It's a smart business move to sell more copies. All three, Nakamua especially, are popular names. If you only make it so that you can only play as them on release day if you pre-order or wait 90 days, it's more pre-orders, which means more $$$$$$$$$$.

Since there are only 50000 copies to be pre ordered and they will get the 3 NXT Superstars right away, you then would have to assume that they will be a day one DLC for everyone else. If not then 2K sucks.

if it was Day One DLC many (myself included) wouldn't bother getting the collector's edition

Is the NXT Edition online store only or retail stores like Best Buy & Gamestop/EB Games should also have it?

Gamestop has it up already. But they also said more retailers will have it up soon.

Thanks. EB Games (I live in Canada) still doesn't have it in their site... I hope it doesn't sold out quickly since it mentioned supply is limited (50 000 copies).

not really interested in spending $99 for a bunch of garbage I'll lose or my wife will toss. I do want the three wrestlers though. hoping they will still be available.

Found this in the other forum:

2K Sports informed us that the NXT superstars will be available on launch day for those who purchase the NXT Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

The NXT Enhancement Pack--which includes the three stars--will be available for purchase later this year as downloadable content. PS3 and Xbox 360 players can purchase the NXT stars as DLC on launch day.

Archived