Bret Hart, “I Don’t Care How Many Titles Triple H Wins. He Could Never Lace My F'n Boots Up. Period.”; Talks HHH’s High WWE 2K16 Rating

FulGore

If you think comparing 1999-2000 Bret Hart in WCW to Triple H's whole career or even just his peak years is fair then you're the one who must be joking. And when Bret says Triple H couldn't lace his *censored*ing boots he's obviously not talking about gimmicks or characters...

You're the one that brought up Terra Ryzing and Triple H's entire career from dating back to WCW before he even got his career making gimmick while all I said was the Triple H gimmick entertained me more then the Bret Hart Hitman Hart gimmick that he played in both WCW and the WWF.

Overall Triple H has always been more charismatic character. He's always been great in that department hence why DX was so good because everyone in that group had that same energy too them and the fans ate it up. Bret was always just good in the ring and that's what worked for him.

I've seen more than enough of Bret in 1999-2000 WCW to have an opinion. Triple H entertained me more. Bret was good. I liked him but if I had to choose I gotta take Trips on this one.

Ah, of course, the peak of his career.

Maybe I'm biased but I've seen more than enough Terra Ryzing in 1994-95 WCW to have an opinion.

Bret had the same exact character in WCW, So yea.. Terrible comparison.

Ah my bad, Bret did say 'I Dont Care How Many Titles Triple H Wins. His Character Could Never F'n Compare To Mine. Period.'.

Comparing a rookie Triple H's character in WCW to an already established Bret Hart who jumped ship and kept the same gimmick is terrible.

You're probably joking but it's really not funny tbh.

Triple H played the same character in WWE and WCW aswell...

And Hulk Hogan played the same character in the US and Japan

It's like taking 2013 Jerry Lawler and saying it's the same character, so his wrestling must be the same too. It's nonsensical. Bret Hart in 2000 is way past his prime and had already retired atleast twice at that point.

Pretty sure Paul was never known as Triple H in WCW but Bret Hart was in fact the exact same gimmick 100% when he jumped over to WCW after the montreal screw job.

Which is the time I was watching him and again imo Triple H was far more entertaining.. moving on now.

I said same character, not same name.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley = Jean-Paul Levesque

It's like signing the Giant and calling him Paul Wight. Same thing, different name.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..He (Bret) played the same character is all I said. This whole time I've been saying that Triple H was better imo than Bret at talking being charismatic while Bret has always had him as far as in ring skill goes. The rest of that stuff being brought up is on yall.

Bret also had talking as well, but where Triple H tended to use humor or look like he'd crush your skull in, Bret was more of a serious guy who let his in-ring skills do the talking.

... I think. Going by with what I saw of him based on some old shows and video packages. But yeah, it's not surprising one may prefer Triple H over Bret, at least charisma-wise.

eh Whatever he developed into way more in WWE. Wasn't even in WCW that long.

Finally you understand why you can't judge Bret Hart for that time period.

I saw him on my tv screen for over a year. I can judge and decide to like or dislike him just fine. You're making no sense dude.

Triple H simply is a better more charismatic character imo.

I remember Vince McMahon himself said that Bret was the best story teller in the ring that he had ever seen, and this was years after the screwjob so for those that said HHH was better at telling a story in the ring I think that's also a matter of opinion. Bret had great matches vs Diesel of all people and had what some consider the best I.C title match vs a coked out British Bulldog. Damn do I miss watching Bret. His sharpshooter, backbreaker, running bulldog and even his punches where the best that I've ever seen. He always made it seem like he was actually hitting someone when he punched them, not like guys today that you can clearly see punching their own hand to make a sound.

I saw him on my tv screen for over a year. I can judge and decide to like or dislike him just fine. You're making no sense dude.

You watched him in his retirement years...

When he was suffering from depressions...

And it was in late WCW ffs

That still doesn't excuse his character from being liked or disliked by fans. He was brought in to be Bret the Hitman Hart. Brought an entire fan base in with him and gained new fans which was the goal and it happened. So again you make no sense.

That still doesn't excuse his character from being liked or disliked by fans. He was brought in to be Bret the Hitman Hart. Brought an entire fan base in with him and gained new fans which was the goal and it happened. So again you make no sense.

Uhm...no? You're talking about Bret Hart 2000.

Bret Hart joined WCW in 1997 (where he couldn't wrestle for months because of WWE's no-compete thing.)

Uhm...no? You're talking about Bret Hart 2000.

Bret Hart joined WCW in 1997 (where he couldn't wrestle for months because of WWE's no-compete thing.)

fyi i saw his entire WCW run from start to finish. I was using 1999-2000 as an example before(1999 being his best year with the company before the unfortunate injury). Anyway the point I made still stands. Whether wrestling or not any character who walks through that curtain and does a job in front of the fans is going to be judged by fans.

The wrestlers, the managers/valets, Authority figures, the referees, the commentary team, the security staff, everybody.

Yes but the counterpoint stands that it's ridiculous to take the lowest point of one career and use it to compare against arguably the height of another career. That would be like basing someone like Raven's entire body of work on his WWF/E run. Technically it's the same personality, but it's a vastly different character than the one in ECW or WCW

Bret did many good things in WCW unlike Raven in WWE so no. Was the Heavyweight Champion twice and was featured in the main events before the injury. Not a good comparison.

Triple H is simply better when it comes to personality mic work then Bret Hart imo. Anyway I think I've said enough here.

I don't have a problem with anyone enjoying one over the other. In not even a big Bret Hart fan. I just thought it was unfair to compare a low point of one career to a high point of another career. It's whatever though. I'll drop it

I don't have a problem with anyone enjoying one over the other. In not even a big Bret Hart fan. I just thought it was unfair to compare a low point of one career to a high point of another career. It's whatever though. I'll drop it

What makes 1999 the low point of Brets career? Did he not win his only 2 world titles for the promotion that year and was a featured main event throughout including WCW's version of Wrestlemania, Starcade at the end of the year?

Hell the match itself where he got hurt in was the main event against one of WCWs biggest stars in Goldberg that he'd been feuding with for some time then. So unless you're just a WWE fanatic and considers the fact that he left for the other promotion a low point overall there's no way that's a lowpoint of a career.

Exactly, that dude is the only one that isn't getting it. Bret didn't even mention characters anyway, he just pretty much said he was way better in the ring than Triple H ever was, which is hard to dispute.

Triple H isn't even that compelling as a character. He comes out every week in a suit and talks for 30 minutes and just bores the shit out of me with the same ol' shit. Some guys I could hear talk for hours like Macho Man or Stone Cold, not H though.

And another thing I noticed about Triple H? Look at his whole career and you'll notice how he had to be paired up with someone or a lot of people to 'stay over.' When he's on his own, no good. Bret Hart was over and stood over as a solo act more so than Triple H in my opinion.

I know people get on Triple H for dragging his words out but Bret to me was super monotone and boring and always rambled. I watched Bret's WWE run from the beginning of Raw until he left and he really didn't hit any stride until the very end. Triple H always seemed convincing to me and just kept me more interested

Archived