Plans Of The Universe

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to basically pick up where I leave off in 2k16. Been doing the brand for about 6 games now. RAW has its single brand PPVs and Smackdown has its PPVs as well. I originally ended the brand split and crowned an undisputed champion at Night of Champions, some years ago, but then I hated having one roster with so many people. Very easy for lower mid card guys to get lost in the proverbial shuffle. So, I brought the brand extension back a couple of years later and have been going strong ever since

Depends about what universe mode is like.

But im going to download ReDragon,The Wolves,hopefully someone makes MCMG for me

I might make a powerful tag of Lashley and Goldberg. Last time i made goldberg and lesnar a tag tean on 2k15 they dominated and couldn't be beat.. maybe Goldberg and lashley can have the same outcome

Going to finally get my original fed off the ground. All original characters, titles, shows, etc. Will have one major show to start with and will have 5 major ppvs a year. The rest of the months will have super card events until I phase in a new ppv in that slot. Going to have 4 starting titles. World, Tag Team, United States and Women's. Will do tournaments to crown initial champs and let game simulate those. After all that I will see what happens and will phase in new characters as time goes on. Probably do a minor show and if I introduce another major show at some point then I will introduce a 5th championship which will be a unique division like cruiserweight or hardcore or whatever I come up with. If my roster gets too big I may split it up and create a rival federation with their own belts and shows.

I wasn't sure about doing a brand split. I've not done that since probably WWE 13 but seeing how good Raw was it's made me want to do a brand split.

This is gonna be my first new gen game so, could you do a brand split on the new gen systems?

Yes but you don't have a draft anymore. They changed the Brands into Shows. So for exemple, at the beginning, you have Raw / NXT / Smackdown.

So, then, you go on John Cena for exemple, you can put him on the as many shows ( the 3 shows or just Raw and NXT ) you want or just on Smackdown as in real life

I'll have the brand split in my universe but not everyone will be limited to 1 show. I'll also be putting together my own rosters. I'll treat both RAW and SD LIVE as equal shows so equal amount of matches. Women's wrestlers will appear on both RAW and SD LIVE. As much as I love NXT, it won't exist in my universe so everyone from NXT will appear on RAW and/or SD LIVE along with Main Event.

Monday - RAW (hopefully someone makes an accurate version of the new stage)

Wednesday - Main Event (this show will allow RAW and SD LIVE wrestlers to face each other, might make a custom show)

Friday - SmackDown LIVE (again, hopefully someone makes an accurate version of the new stage)

- PPVs will have superstars from both RAW and SD LIVE

Champions

- WWE Champion - Kevin Owens

- WWE Women's Champion - Charlotte

- Intercontinental Champion (SD LIVE) - Zack Ryder

- United States Champion (RAW) - Rusev

- Tag Team Champions - The New Day

Might merge the IC and US titles together and just use the IC title as I hate the whole idea of the US title when the IC title is around. Might bring in another title just so RAW and SD LIVE have their own championships. All other titles can appear on both shows.

How many will use the draft tonight as their blueprint for setting up their own Universes? I am and will tweak as we go along

Recently, I reset my Universe and used the WWE's draft as a blueprint for the brand split. And in an effort to see all of the alternate attires that I've downloaded over the past few months, I used Legends and other superstars/CAWs to make the rosters that much larger.

@youseff I think it's confirmed, maximum matches will be 3v3.. So doubt they'd let us do a 4 man rivalry when the most we can do is a 6man. Meh ?

Hoping you can attach a manger to a wrestler like a stable entrance etc..

Having a Rusev and Lana entrance as a template yet universe mode for example unless selected manually won't automatically show in a rivalry etc..

@youseff I think it's confirmed, maximum matches will be 3v3.. So doubt they'd let us do a 4 man rivalry when the most we can do is a 6man. Meh ?

Hoping you can attach a manger to a wrestler like a stable entrance etc..

Having a Rusev and Lana entrance as a template yet universe mode for example unless selected manually won't automatically show in a rivalry etc..

I think what he means is a triple threat or fatal 4 way rivalry rather than 4v4

I honestly hope Universe mode gets a complete overhaul, it's ridiculous the mode has regressed so much since WWE '13 or so. If not, besides the obvious improvements and fixes I would like to see:

- Being able to assign more titles to a show as well as assigning a title to a minor show

- Assigning managers to wrestlers (doing it manually gets kind of annoying tbh)

- Stable rivalries, or having stables support each other either as managers or run-ins

- Wrestlers who are out injured having surprise returns (think Seth Rollins coming back during Extreme Rules)

- Drafts (as long as it's optional)

- Triple threat or four way rivalries for titles

- Assigning authority figures would be cool, with each one having their own stats on how they run the show, thus all being able to set up their own unique rivalries due to their own personalites

- Setting some wrestlers as part-timers

And a big one for me is having text-based promos on shows. Obviously having each wrestler voice every promo would be much, which is why I think having it text based is the best option. Having a couple of different promos and backstage segments planned in the game would be great. Think of stuff in the past like the HCTP and No Mercy season modes.

• 3 weeks later...

Since Universe is now officially confirmed, along with all the new features, I'd thought I would post an updated plan.

Shows

Monday-WCW Nitro

Thursday-WWE Raw

Friday-WWE Smackdown

Titles

WCW World Heavyweight Title

WCW World Television Title

WCW World Tag Team Titles

WCW Women's Title

WWE Title

WWE Cruiserweight Title

WWE Tag Team Titles (old design)

WWE Women's Title

World Heavyweight Title

WWE European Title

World Tag Team Titles

WWE Women's Title

I'll do a sort of "dream match" universe with stars from different eras colliding. I think I'll pretty much let Universe do the work this time, instead of planning things out myself.

I always try and keep my Universe "current" by which I only use Superstars and CAWs of people who could legitimately perform today (so anyone retired like Bryan or Edge won't be in) I don't think I'll be making as many originals as I did, I think I overdid it in terms of trying to push everyone through NXT and I wanted to be able to see their stories. I'm going to have my main CAW as usual, starting in NXT and rising through the ranks of WWE - but I also wanted to tell a story of my "new Phenom" character, making a name for himself by retiring the guys that I don't really use (Henry, Show etc) building up to him taking out Cena for a few months and ultimately aligning with Heyman to end the Undertaker's career.

Show wise, I'm torn between doing a WWE version, or my entirely own federation (shows, logos the lot) if I do WWE, I'll have an "original" type brand split, where there are separate rosters, but the Champions are free to appear on both. This actually was the original plan WWE had in 03. For about three weeks.

Archived