Women of WWE2K17

Jmerc

When Cult of Personality debuted shortly before the game's release, they were able to get it in on a bit of a rush if I remember right. Personally, though? Please god no, I hate her theme right now.

Yes but if my memory is right, they didn't have the little sound at the beginning of the song so they had him which was good but not perfect

And I would like to have her old theme song too. Not that I hate her theme now but I like to have the characters like when they were done. Having a Heel Emma Theme SOng with her Face entrance is so weird.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait... Eva Marie has a new theme (no longer ''Time to Rise''?) or we are just talking about a new entrance with that narrator praising her?

Same theme + a male voiceover announcing her instead of the ring announcer.

It is just audio, but they'd have to edit it so the announcers don't introduce her so it may be a bit difficult to do in time.

It is just audio, but they'd have to edit it so the announcers don't introduce her so it may be a bit difficult to do in time.

Not really, all they have to do is remove the announcer's line for her entrance and splice the man's voice onto her theme. Plenty of time before it goes gold for them to do that.

I'm hoping the roster this year will be pretty stacked, considering how many girls we got last year, which was a great surprise. The inclusion of Nia Jax as DLC really surprised me this time around, and got me somewhat hopeful we may get some other girls from NXT either as base game or DLC, considering the fact that many NXT girls have been around much longer than she has.

This is what I hope for, based on last year having everyone from the main roster up to cut off, and the rise in NXT's popularity:

Main Roster

Alicia Fox

Becky Lynch

Brie Bella (Already confirmed)
Charlotte

Dana Brooke (possibly listed as NXT)

Emma (possibly listed as NXT but was Main Roster as of Wrestlemania)

Eva Marie (possibly listed as NXT but was Main Roster as of Wrestlemania)

Naomi

Natalya

Nikki Bella (Already confirmed)

Paige

Sasha Banks (Already confirmed)

Stephanie McMahon (Already confirmed)

Summer Rae

Tamina

NXT:

Alexa Bliss

Asuka

Bayley

Carmella

Nia Jax (NXT Edition)

Legends:

Alundra Blayze (from last year's DLC)

Trish (from last year's DLC)

Lita (from last year's DLC)

DLC:

Jacqueline (Hall of Fame)

I could honestly give or take the Legends, but the more the merrier. I really hope Alexa and Carmella make it (Bayley is a given to me), so that we can have accurate post draft rosters, as I think the main roster girls are pretty much a given already.

I hope this next batch of IGN reveals will answer some questions for us on the girls - with only four weeks left, they're going to have to start to include more women in the reveals.

Hopefully this game will have diva tags, I plan on getting it i haven't played since 12. nnn

1. *women

2. Why wouldn't you be able to make a tag-team match with women in the game? :lol:

I think he means the option to create Women's Tag belts.

Same thing.

My 6 on my keyboard is stubborn i meant 6 diva tags

2k16 didn't have 6 diva tag matches?
16 had them. He said he hasn't played since '12. I remember the older games severely limited the match types for the women. You couldn't play 6 woman tags or 6 woman battle royals.
Must have been a long time ago, because I did 6 woman battle royals atleast since WWE'12 maybe SvR'11

My 6 on my keyboard is stubborn i meant 6 diva tags

2k16 didn't have 6 diva tag matches?
16 had them. He said he hasn't played since '12. I remember the older games severely limited the match types for the women. You couldn't play 6 woman tags or 6 woman battle royals.
Must have been a long time ago, because I did 6 woman battle royals atleast since WWE'12 maybe SvR'11

I didn't have '12, but I think '11 excluded them. I know for sure from '10 and before it did. I'm talking from the perspective of someone who still had a PS2 around that time, so maybe it was just a previous gen thing?

Hopefully tomorrow's reveal gives us a better picture of the women in the game this year. I don't think it's too much to ask to get the full main roster like last year, with the main names from NXT - but this is the WWE game series, that has been notoriously disappointing for Diva fans in the past.

Fingers crossed!

The image is out, and all I could pick out/have heard about was:

-Fox sliding down the slide (Alicia)

-Figure 8 on wall (Charlotte - even if I thought it might be infinity for Layla at first!)

I'm not very hopeful for us getting many girls this time round anymore - we've had two women (it seems) each reveal, and with only three weeks left (unless one week is very female heavy), there are many girls that might not make the cut. I've given up on NXT Divas making it.

EDIT: Yep, just Alicia and Charlotte this week.

As .jackkk revealed in the roster reveal thread - it's Charlotte & Alicia Fox this week.

I'm super pleased they're both in the game, but it's not terribly exciting as they were always shoe-ins.

I'm hoping & praying they're saving the best reveals for last. Hopefully we'll get the NXT ladies confirmed then.

Fingers crossed we'll see a screenshot of the women again this week!

I'm hoping that they're saving a lot of names for some big huge reveal in the last couple weeks. I mean, if that 128 number was right, we're not gonna have them all by the end of this five weeks considering they're only doing about 20 a week.

Would love to see Charlotte in the screenshots this week, though!

Yeah, fingers crossed they're just getting the 'boring' reveals out the way, just to knock it out of the park to build hype towards the end of the reveals.

I would find it very odd to have Nia as DLC instead of somebody like Asuka or Bayley to represent NXT. That must mean those ladies are in the game from day 1, surely?!

Archived