Defiant (Formerly WCPW)

Twisted...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone see Stacked tonight? My God Scurll vs Osprey was insane.

Would loved to have seen these guys in the CWC.

Osprey in NJPW and how young he is, he's only going to get better. They said he's probably the best Cruiser in the world. I'm gonna say that could be any of the last 8 in the CWC but he's close to them though.

Scurll is amazing love the gimmick and can't wait for his debut in ROH. Wouldn't be surprised to him TV champ within the next year. Think he'll rise up through the ranks quite quick.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been enjoying WCPW, but I won't be paying for Refuse To Lose. Hopefully they will have highlights.

Full card:

Kurt Angle vs. Joe Hendry

WCPW Championship

Joseph Conners © vs. Martin Kirby

WCPW Internet Championship

El Ligero vs. Alberto El Patron vs. Travis Banks

Street Fight

Adam Blampied vs. Rampage

Joe Coffey vs. Minoru Suzuki

Cody Rhodes vs. Doug Williams

WCPW Women's Championship

Nixon Newell © vs. Kimber Lee

• 1 month later...

Watching Delete WCPW now...

Cody seems to be collecting belts at a steady click.

I also like that Del Rio wasn't on this card. I think the Johnny Mundo match ended up being better with this local kid. Never heard of him before, and he seems to be pretty good. Huge laugh when Mundo did the backflip with his ass hanging out...and another huge laugh when Gabriel Kidd pulled his tights down and did the little roll. Hilarious shit. Kidd won me over with that moment.

It's cool how Matt Hardy transcends everything.

Oh...btw, the audio on this show is complete shit. You'd think that a wrestling promotion that grew out of a news/tabloid site would have a better presentation. They just have live-mic audio, and you can't hear shit with the echo. Mics should have their own line-out or whatever...

• 1 month later...

- As seen in the video above, WCPW announced the departures of Joseph Connors, Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate and Trent Seven due to "WWE contractual obligations." All four men are scheduled to be part of the upcoming WWE UK Championship tournament. As noted, William Regal was recently interviewed by WCPW after the WWE UK Championship was announced and had said that talent working the tournament would still be able to work elsewhere, which apparently isn't completely the case.

"There is zero restriction on anybody working anywhere, except for these companies who won't let these fellas work for them [WWE]," Regal said in December. "They are free agents, just as long as we need them for certain dates, we'll give them plenty of notice. This is not the 'Big Bad Wolf' coming in to try and take away everything from anybody. This is to give these fellas, who we think are the best, some money in their pockets."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0105/620938/wrestler-who-appeared-on-smackdown-working-tna-tapings/

I wonder if Galloway's appearance at Kirbymania will affect his status in TNA.

TNA allows their talent to work WCPW as well as other indy promotions. As long as they aren't doing actual PPVs, I believe.

Drew Galloway was in the main event of Delete WCPW, which I am sure was a PPV - well, iPPV. And of course he was not the only TNA-contracted wrestler to appear on that show, as the name centred around Broken Matt Hardy's involvement.

Maybe their afraid that Adam Blampied will do a "Ten Things the WWE Doesn't Want you To Know About....." video on that star, so they appear in WCPW.

I have noticed that they haven't done one of those for Kurt Angle and Alberto Del Rio.

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised to see this actually be a topic. I've enjoyed WCPW for the most part. Sure the crowd and some of the production elements can be a pain in the ass, but it's pretty insane to think that these guys started a promotion based off their love for Pro Wrestling and success of their channel. They've had alot of big name guys appear there as well as had some of their talent make it to WWE.

Also Ospreay vs Riccochet II and Jay Lethal vs Adam Cole vs El Ligero are scheduled for their next event. I'm excited for the event. They've got some pretty stacked cards.

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised to see this actually be a topic. I've enjoyed WCPW for the most part. Sure the crowd and some of the production elements can be a pain in the ass, but it's pretty insane to think that these guys started a promotion based off their love for Pro Wrestling and success of their channel. They've had alot of big name guys appear there as well as had some of their talent make it to WWE.

Also Ospreay vs Riccochet II and Jay Lethal vs Adam Cole vs El Ligero are scheduled for their next event. I'm excited for the event. They've got some pretty stacked cards.

Some of their talent... excuse me?

Tyler Bate, Pete Dunne, Trent Seven, Mark Andrews, Joseph Connors etc they are not their talent. These guys broke their *censored*ing backs and busted their arses to make a name for themselves before WCPW came sniffing around. WCPW just gave them a platform to be seen by many.

Plus WCPW will always be shit for one reason. Why the hell do they need to do WTF Moments about Loaded? Do it about WWE because you've been doing it for years, but doing it about yourselves isn't doing yourselves any favours.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a WCPW fan but this World Cup thing they've got planned sounds cool, tbh. 64 wrestlers in a single elimination tournament. They've announced half of them already, from England: ZSJ, Ospreay, Scurll, Rampage, Zack Gibson, Aldis and Havoc. From Scotland: Joe Coffey, Mark Coffey, Joe Hendry, Drew Galloway, Lewis Girvan, BT Gunn, Kenny Williams and Liam Thompson. From Mexico: Mysterio, Caristico, Pentagon, Alberto, Drago, Fenix, Hijo de dos Caras and El Ligero (lol). From Germany: John Klinger, Axel Dieter Jr., Crazy Sexy Mike, Cash Money Erkan, Juvenile X, Pascal Spalter, Lucky Kid and Tarkan Aslan.

They've still got the Japan, Canada, USA and Rest of the World legs from whom they haven't announced any of the participants.

Archived