Spider-Man Series (Insomniac/PlayStation)

Jeb ★

The last Spider-Man games I've ever played were the Amazing Spider-Man movie games. The first one was good, but that second one was disappointing. Despite them stacking the second game with a lot of Spidey's rouge gallery and having a lot of potential behind it too.

My expectations for Spider-Man PS4 are pretty high. An official release date can't come here any quicker.

Awesome! I'm pretty much the opposite. The last Spider-Man games I've ever played were the Raimi Spider-Man ones and my thoughts are exactly in line with yours. :lol: The first (while you had to stay above ground...waaay above ground, that is) was seriously good, whereas the second fixed the biggest issue but felt bland through repetition.

I hope there are little side-missions, too, like being able to complete pizza deliveries as Peter Parker.

Don't remind me of the can't go to the ground in Spider-Man. It was stupid. But other than that it was cool.

The Amazing Spider-Man game was good, never played the 2nd one.

Also, if they removed the white spider it would be good. Just give us the venom Spider-Man 3 costume, I loveed it.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last Spider-Man games I've ever played were the Amazing Spider-Man movie games. The first one was good, but that second one was disappointing. Despite them stacking the second game with a lot of Spidey's rouge gallery and having a lot of potential behind it too.

My expectations for Spider-Man PS4 are pretty high. An official release date can't come here any quicker.

Awesome! I'm pretty much the opposite. The last Spider-Man games I've ever played were the Raimi Spider-Man ones and my thoughts are exactly in line with yours. :lol: The first (while you had to stay above ground...waaay above ground, that is) was seriously good, whereas the second fixed the biggest issue but felt bland through repetition.

I hope there are little side-missions, too, like being able to complete pizza deliveries as Peter Parker.

loved the first Spiderman game as a kid. brings back memories. for its time, that game was awesome.

Spider Man and Spider Man 2: Enter Electro on the PSX were awesome as well.

The thing I loved about those was the sheer amount of alternate costumes you could have. And they actually had unique abilities. They weren't just for show

Spider Man and Spider Man 2: Enter Electro on the PSX were awesome as well.

The thing I loved about those was the sheer amount of alternate costumes you could have. And they actually had unique abilities. They weren't just for show

Hoping for a return of the Amazing Bag Man costume :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This Spidey game, TLoU2, and Ghost of Tsushima...makes me feel like I waited till the perfect time to get a PS4. Don't have one yet, but will definitely get one soon (probably black friday...maybe Christmas at the latest). Nothing I absolutely needed on a PS4, but there's a ton of good stuff coming soon.

Edited by Generations

• 4 months later...

Read that story earlier (about Insomniac being given a choice of characters).

Not sure that I personally agree with it. But, it is what it is.

I mean...I was (and definitely still am) hyped af for this awesome looking Spiderman game. But, I'm also not a huge Spiderman fan. I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't rather have any number of other characters represented by an awesome game. BUT...maybe the silver lining will be future game deals (if this one is a major success).

Maybe it will become a routine thing for Marvel to ask Insomniac which character(s) they want to make a game around. Who knows...

Edited by Generations

The way I look at it is, Spiderman is a safe bet for these guys to start with. He's one of the most familiar and marketable characters in the world, especially on the Marvel roster. His powers and movements and style lend itself very well to gameplay mechanics. Plus he has a huge rogues gallery to work with. I would also like to have seen another character get the spotlight, but hey, swinging around a city is always fun. Still as you say Gen, this opens the door for future game deals and Insomniac might continue to get the option of choosing who to tackle.

• 3 weeks later...