Playstation Network Thread

Ernez

Getting error code WS-37397-9

and its pissing me right off.

what's that error code about?

Basically sony blacklisted my ip address. Appears theyve been blanket banning a lot of IPs as of late.

yeah after i saw your post i googled it. funny thing is this has been going on since 2015 according to the PSN Forum page i saw.

is there anyway to get around it? maybe use Google's DNS and it might not flag you. seems rather weird though

Already tried that. Tried practically everything so my only options left are to try and get my ISP to change my IP (not likely to happen) or just wait it out, which could take weeks.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically sony blacklisted my ip address. Appears theyve been blanket banning a lot of IPs as of late.

yeah after i saw your post i googled it. funny thing is this has been going on since 2015 according to the PSN Forum page i saw.

is there anyway to get around it? maybe use Google's DNS and it might not flag you. seems rather weird though

Already tried that. Tried practically everything so my only options left are to try and get my ISP to change my IP (not likely to happen) or just wait it out, which could take weeks.

damn that really sucks man

Update on this, managed to get it fixed, and it came with an unexpected boon... my system is now treating me as if I have PS+ in-game even though I don't.

Update on this, managed to get it fixed, and it came with an unexpected boon... my system is now treating me as if I have PS+ in-game even though I don't.

PS+ is free for the week because of E3 basically and the fact that Sony has a 50% off sale

PS+ is free for the week because of E3 basically and the fact that Sony has a 50% off sale

Well that'd explain it. Thanks man.

Well that'd explain it. Thanks man.

no problem bro i noticed it when i popped in GTA V earlier and it gave me the online option lol. haven't seen that in a few months.

Just release Dragon Quest XI, The Evil Within 2, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and Dreams for the PS4 and I'll be happy this gen. :)

Well I guess you're lucky that all three are confirmed for PS4 then (the latter two are also on Xbox One as well)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems Sony is doing their bullshit temporary IP blanket bans again.

Their what? What's that all about?
Occasionally they'll temporarily blanket ip ban all matching IPs to one *Censored* stick who hacked or cheated or otherwise deserved a ban. The band eventually lift after a couple days, because otherwise they'd have the greatest of shit storms, but its frustrating as hell when it happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived