Worst Money In The Bank Winner Yet?

The Camel Clutch

With MITB coming up I started thinking about this and I thought it'd be interesting to have a discussion on who the worst mitb winner/holder is so far. I made a video about it going over who I personally think is the worst and why.

And basically for me it boils down to these 3 guys.

Kennedy- Held it for a little over a month, never even got to cash it in due to an injury and so he lost it to Edge on an episode of RAW.

Cena- Won the most predictable and probably the mitb match with the least exciting lineup ever only to hold it for 8 days and have the actual cash in match end via dq due to the big show attacking him.

Sandow- Held it for 106 days, during that time they made a fool out of him by having him lose nearly every match he was in. They had Cody throw steal his briefcase and throw it in the ocean. He didn't move up the card at all during the time and got squashed by Big Show in 3 minutes on ME. If you only count RAW, Smackdown and pay per view matches, he only won a match against The Miz on RAW and another against Kofi the night before his cash in on the Hell in a Cell Kickoff. He cashed in on Cena who had just returned the night before from an elbow injury. He assaulted Cena and targeted his elbow before and during the match and still managed to lose.

Who do you guys think is the worst Mr. Mitb? I think Sandow takes the cake here as I feel it hurt him more than anything. I'm sure a lot of people will go with Kennedy for the simple fact he didn't cash in lol.

Kennedy - didn't even get to cash in.

Sandow - job, job, job, job, job, then job again to Cena in his cash in.

At least the rest cashed in. Sure Cena lost but it was by DQ and also, he's John Cena. Waste of a cash in but it did get rid of the "never failed a cash in", so it stays fine for that.

Cena, Kennedy, then Sandow. In that order. Utterly pointless for all 3 with how it turned out for them. Cena didn't need it more than anyone who's ever won the match. And his cash in was shortly after and ended in a DQ. Laaame. Kennedy winning at 23 was cool and shocking so at least he had that going for him. And Sandow had a great mini-feud with Cody (even tho he wasn't the one looking good coming out of it). And dat briefcase tho. B)

Sheamus because I almost forgot about his cash in on Roman Reigns, I can't say the same for Sandow. At-least Cena vs. Sandow was a good match.
Sheamus ended up having one of the most boring and monotonous title reigns in the last decade. His cash in wasn't anything exciting, hardly anyone looked forward to it, and he lost the title within two months if I remember correctly. It was terrible.

Definitely Cena. A guy as decorated as him winning Money In The Bank nullified the entire point of what it should have been. It should have stayed a launching pad for careers, not bettering already impressive accomplishments.

Worst booked prior to their win - Swagger

Worst booked subsequent to their win - Sandow

Sheamus because I almost forgot about his cash in on Roman Reigns, I can't say the same for Sandow. At-least Cena vs. Sandow was a good match.

Sheamus ended up having one of the most boring and monotonous title reigns in the last decade. His cash in wasn't anything exciting, hardly anyone looked forward to it, and he lost the title within two months if I remember correctly. It was terrible.

Sheamus' reign with it was pretty boring and just ended up as a recycled Authority/Randy Orton angle.

Definitely Cena. A guy as decorated as him winning Money In The Bank nullified the entire point of what it should have been. It should have stayed a launching pad for careers, not bettering already impressive accomplishments.

Worst booked prior to their win - Swagger

Worst booked subsequent to their win - Sandow

Jeez everything i was gunna say lol all of this.

Sandow was a glorified jobber going into the match, and a pure jobber coming out of it. I kind of want to say he was the worst, because his opportunity COULD have gone to Rhodes, Barrett or Cesaro, who were also in the match.

Keneddy was a great choice to win the match. He just got injured prior to cashing in.

Cena...doesn't get worst winner for me just because the match he was in was just dumb. A 5 man match with him, Kane, Show, Jericho and Miz? I mean...the only good options were Miz and maybe Jericho. It was a waste of a win...but it was a bigger waste of a match overall.

Sheamus was just a dumb choice to win it. Up in contention, but I'll say he loses out to Sandow still because at least he was booked better.

Alberto was a pointless winner too, since he had just won a number one contenders match like a week prior on RAW and could've just used that to win a belt, while the case could have gone to heel R-Truth, who was absolutely on fire at the time.

Swagger clearly wasn't ready to win his either. Should've gone to Hardy, Christian or McIntyre.

....yeah, I think that's about it. I still give it to Sandow, but all those names are in discussion.

Honestly...most of them have sucked pretty bad. At least more than half.

They tend to range from complete shit, to woefully anticlimactic...with a handful of exceptions of people who were actually good. It would be easier for me to list the good ones (Edge, RVD, Punk, Swagger, Bryan, Del Rio, and Rollins)...than it would to list the shit ones. Cena was probably the single most shit winner...just because he's John Cena. He didn't need to be in the match at all to get a title shot. And his infamous "YAY I won the briefcase!" expression will always be burned into my brain as one of the most rage-inducing moments in professional wrestling history.

Aside from that...you have the ones who I just dislike on a personal level...Miz, Sheamus, Orton, Ziggler, Kane...just lame dudes who I had zero interest in seeing win. And lastly, you have the guys like Kennedy and Sandow...who I just knew weren't going to amount to much of anything (their wins just felt like a waste to me).

Sandow was the worst for the sheer fact that he was humiliated whilst he was Mr. MITB. He wasn't the worst choice to win it and I'm not exactly annoyed that he failed his cash-in (because I feel like that should happen every so often), but yeah his run as Mr. MITB was just so poorly done. So bad I kinda feel sorry for him.

Cena & Del Rio were the two worst choices. Neither of them needed it, they could have been given championship matches and it wouldn't have been any different than normal for either of them.

Swagger was A bit of A shitty choice. Should have saved that for his initial Real American run. Entirely forgettable champion.

Sheamus was kinda meh, although they were thrown around with Seth's injury.

I'd agree with Gen that most have kinda sucked. The last one I remember caring about was CM Punk and Miz was the last guy really bulit up well before winning but after him it seemed to become a crutch with guys getting it as way of winning the title but for creative not to have to bother coming up with a storyline or building them up to get them there.

I just looked up the winners as I couldn't remeber all of them. Like I totally forget ADR (who doesn't though?) he was a guy they dropped the ball on he should have become WHC at TLC the year before or at Mania but insted they shoehorned the title onto in the middle of the Summer of Punk for no logical reason.

Sandow was bizarre as he was doing much before and as soon as Cena won the title you knew there was no chance of him winning when he cashed in.

I kept forgetting Sheamus had it and when he won it felt like a rehash of Rollins reign with him being an Authority champion. And I didn't like Rollins either as I said they used the briefcase as crutch rather than building him up as he had that endless feud with Ambrose then lost to Cena a few times and then he a run that was a rehash of Orton as an Authority Champion.

As for worst I'd go Swagger. He had terrible booking before as he got drafted to Raw and lost to guys like Santino. Then when he won they tried to turn him into a super serious suit wearing heel when he worked best during ECW title reign doing his goofy All American American shctick. And apart from his brief feud with Rusev hes been nothing since.

Basically WWE's creative suck.

Gen you liked Swaggers??

I like Swagger in general. I can't honestly recall how well or how poorly his time with the briefcase went...but I was happy with him winning.

Swagger himself was doing ok at the time character wise...he wasn't winning much, but he was the brash, cocky All American American. Then literally the moment he cashed in, he went straight faced, no nonsense monotone and lost practically anything that made him entertaining for the next year and a half. That was my main issue with it.

Cena's didn't annoy me like it did to everyone else on here (like Jericho, Kane, Big Show and Miz were gonna be competing for the WWE title in 2012), but that expression he made after he was won was just asking to be a meme. I loved that face. It was just so silly.

As for worst winner, I can easily name four: Mr. Kennedy, Jack Swagger, Alberto Del Rio and Sheamus. Especially Sheamus. His MITB win and successful cash-in could easily be compared to the revival of ECW ten years ago: it never should've happened in the first place.

I wouldn't even put Sandow in there. He suffered from horrible booking (as you would expect when you're holding the world title briefcase) right from the start and only looked good in his match with John Cena. WWE were the ones that buried Damien Sandow, not Cena.

Archived