WWE2k17 Confirmed Information!

Ernez

If they're going to have ranking up go that slowly in the future, they need to add a lot more interesting things to hold the players attention in the mean time. Making career mode nice and long is a noble goal but it can't feel like a slog. It cannot and should not feel like a chore to play through.

I'm able to rank up pretty quickly. My best tip is to feud with the person directly above you in the rankings. If you're #6 feud with #5, if you're #8 feud with #7, etc.

The game itself tends to fight you however on it. I'm just suggesting that adding more varied content to the mode would help out a lot.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they're going to have ranking up go that slowly in the future, they need to add a lot more interesting things to hold the players attention in the mean time. Making career mode nice and long is a noble goal but it can't feel like a slog. It cannot and should not feel like a chore to play through.

I'm able to rank up pretty quickly. My best tip is to feud with the person directly above you in the rankings. If you're #6 feud with #5, if you're #8 feud with #7, etc.

The game itself tends to fight you however on it. I'm just suggesting that adding more varied content to the mode would help out a lot.

True, personally I wish they did away with rankings completely.

Completely unrelated to the current discussion but can I just tip my hat to the people that can get CAW mode to cooperate long enough to make a decent product. I just played the game for the first time yesterday (first game since 13) and was in the mode scratching my head. It's too detailed for its own good while also lacking minor details/freedoms and is a casual creator's nightmare.

I'll prolly need to add a face photo to EVERYONE to get away from Defaultia, the disorder so many CAWs suffer from this year. Kicking out 50+ original CAWs this year and have them not look like each.otherwise gonna take me more time than I have and more than I'd like to spend. So with the appearance getting the face right then gathering the logos for.original attires, then the movesets scrolling through all of.those.animations (which, beautiful to see a massive selection finally especially after THQs move deletion incident), then those attributes and entrance which is prolly the lesser on the scale... there's a bunch of sheeit you gotta do.

Again, hats off to those that pull it off

jesus christ whats it take to rank up in MyCareer? i've been 4th for the IC title for 4 months now. ranking up in 2k16 was was much better. this year it takes forever.

If your holding two belts at once then you can kiss ranking up fast goodbye. They fail to tell us that if you drop a belt then it helps you rank in the next title rank. Imo they need to completely remodel my career or just flat out scrap it for a new mode bc it sucks and is boring. It took me from game release to January to get every belt except nxt tag.

Also they should fix it where each title ranking has totally different wrestlers in my career bc it's boring feuding with seth for ic belt then turn around feud with him again for wwe title.

Did they deliberately remove Macho's robe from the game?

The Mania 7 & Texas jackets are there but I couldnt find Randy's Robe from the 1980s and couldnt even find one that came close.

they did machoman robe is only for the in game version

but witrh the hof pack we get michael ps hayes robewihs is the closest to macho man 80's robe

i was sad too when i found out that only the verison ingame of machoman has his robe for entrance i wanted to make various collor of his trunk but cause of that i quit that idea

I dont see why they even took it out apart to screw us about.

i dont know either it should have both last year jacket one was in jacket the other in the outfit section (the one that have the full suite (singlet, ect)

it was stupid to take htem out specialy when you put already a randy savage that use the robe

Is there nothing that could be used to resemble the right robe?

Did they deliberately remove Macho's robe from the game?

The Mania 7 & Texas jackets are there but I couldnt find Randy's Robe from the 1980s and couldnt even find one that came close.

they did machoman robe is only for the in game version

but witrh the hof pack we get michael ps hayes robewihs is the closest to macho man 80's robe

i was sad too when i found out that only the verison ingame of machoman has his robe for entrance i wanted to make various collor of his trunk but cause of that i quit that idea

I dont see why they even took it out apart to screw us about.

i dont know either it should have both last year jacket one was in jacket the other in the outfit section (the one that have the full suite (singlet, ect)

it was stupid to take htem out specialy when you put already a randy savage that use the robe

Is there nothing that could be used to resemble the right robe?

it was more dumb to make him run out in that robe in run ins.

so apparently if you want to unlock the 'Woman Of The Year' achievement/trophy (win or defend the womens championship at Mania) it has to be with the default womens title. it cant be a created title or another ingame title. and the other weird thing is i was defending it and lost(because that stupid yellow reverse blocker *censored*ed me over), yet it popped up.

wanted to let you guys (on ps4) know that thanks to the new sharefactory update. we just might be able to import images from usb in 2k18. Strictly stating because images can be imported via usb in sharefactory. Which goes by the fact that images, video and audio imported saves directly to the sharefactory app which means that whole nonsense about audio not being able to be saved to the ps4 is complete nonsense. Music can be imported from MP3, AAC, and M4A. up to 500 MB. Video can be imported from MP4 or MOV up to 2GB total file storage. and Images up to 32 mb file storage JPG or PNG.

also i saw where someone was trying to upload their own logos from usb and make it a wallpaper. this is doable. (not wwe related i know but just to put it out there) you can open sharefactory, import the logo, start a new video project, add the image from overlays/stickers press L2 for full screen and take a screenshot and voilla there's your wallpaper.

wanted to let you guys (on ps4) know that thanks to the new sharefactory update. we just might be able to import images from usb in 2k18. Strictly stating because images can be imported via usb in sharefactory. Which goes by the fact that images, video and audio imported saves directly to the sharefactory app which means that whole nonsense about audio not being able to be saved to the ps4 is complete nonsense. Music can be imported from MP3, AAC, and M4A. up to 500 MB. Video can be imported from MP4 or MOV up to 2GB total file storage. and Images up to 32 mb file storage JPG or PNG.

also i saw where someone was trying to upload their own logos from usb and make it a wallpaper. this is doable. (not wwe related i know but just to put it out there) you can open sharefactory, import the logo, start a new video project, add the image from overlays/stickers press L2 for full screen and take a screenshot and voilla there's your wallpaper.

Didn't need sharefactory to do it before. Samurai Warriors 4 already managed to make it work.

Didn't need sharefactory to do it before. Samurai Warriors 4 already managed to make it work.

yeah i'm aware of that. but some keep trying to say that for audio or images to be iimported it has to be saved directly on the ps4 like it was for audio on ps3.

So yeah. I still think this is a huge thing though especially the fact that we can import videos in sharefactory. I never thought that would even be possible cause everyone keeps trying to throw the Copyright excuse around. That really proves them wrong lol.

but yeah my other reason for making that post is i noticed in the psn thread that you were trying to import an image and set it as a wallpaper. you can do it but you would need to go into sharefactory, import the image then go into full screen and take a screenshot. from there you would be able to assign the image as a wallpaper.

but yeah even the way mlb16 the show did the mp3 import is the same as sharefactory's import. it's just allocating a fixed amount of data (500mb for sharefactory) to the app.

For myself personally, there's 3 things that 2K18 needs to do to be my favourite wrestling game. 3 things, that's all.

1: Avoid and get rid of the bugs. I love 2K17, but the buggy situation was simply not acceptable in any situation whatsoever. I do not care if 2K has to literally glare over Yukes shoulder constantly, that situation cannot and must not be repeated.

2: get, rid, of, the, *censored*ing, logo fade & stretch. I could understand why it was in 2K15, 2K16 was good enough that I was willing to overlook it, but it has more than overstayed its welcome as of 2K17. I can't claim to know the reason for something that the fans clearly dislike incredibly, but it consistently kills creativity and forces the player to waste resources.

3: Bring back custom theme music. While I completely understand that Sony and Microsoft made this an impossibility, at this point there's 2 paths to fixing it that 2K should be looking at at the very least. They can either look into taking the MLB path and reserve space on the disk itself along with a built in media player so players can download their sound files directly to it, thus skipping the PS4/XBone hard drive completely, or 2, try and figure out a way to work it in through sharefactory. Now personally, I would prefer the first one as I'm sure there'd be some caveats by working through sharefactory. I tend to edit all my caws theme songs so they're not just the track untouched.

These three things are all I need for myself personally, though I'm sure they'll add a lot more gameplay stuff (in fact I have a pretty good "feeling" they will :shifty:).

I would also like them to be a bit more open with the fans on their DLC, like getting actual feedback on what moves people want for the moves pack (e.g. I've wanted a double arm brainbuster for years, for instance).

For myself personally, there's 3 things that 2K18 needs to do to be my favourite wrestling game. 3 things, that's all.

1: Avoid and get rid of the bugs. I love 2K17, but the buggy situation was simply not acceptable in any situation whatsoever. I do not care if 2K has to literally glare over Yukes shoulder constantly, that situation cannot and must not be repeated.

2: get, rid, of, the, *censored*ing, logo fade & stretch. I could understand why it was in 2K15, 2K16 was good enough that I was willing to overlook it, but it has more than overstayed its welcome as of 2K17. I can't claim to know the reason for something that the fans clearly dislike incredibly, but it consistently kills creativity and forces the player to waste resources.

3: Bring back custom theme music. While I completely understand that Sony and Microsoft made this an impossibility, at this point there's 2 paths to fixing it that 2K should be looking at at the very least. They can either look into taking the MLB path and reserve space on the disk itself along with a built in media player so players can download their sound files directly to it, thus skipping the PS4/XBone hard drive completely, or 2, try and figure out a way to work it in through sharefactory. Now personally, I would prefer the first one as I'm sure there'd be some caveats by working through sharefactory. I tend to edit all my caws theme songs so they're not just the track untouched.

These three things are all I need for myself personally, though I'm sure they'll add a lot more gameplay stuff (in fact I have a pretty good "feeling" they will :shifty:).

I would also like them to be a bit more open with the fans on their DLC, like getting actual feedback on what moves people want for the moves pack (e.g. I've wanted a double arm brainbuster for years, for instance).

definitely agree with you bud. The music thing doesn't even have to be saved to disc just allocated to the actual app. cause you know when we start the game whether disc or digital it installs the app on the hard drive. But yeah i agree with you. Sharefactory also does the reserve space (500mb) i forget what the reserve space for MLB is but i think it is 500 as well. That logo fade thing is so annoying lol.

Yeah sharefactory is standalone but i've watched that app grow from 2k14 (been using it ever since i got my ps4 in sept. 2014) It's definitely the best editor i've seen with so many different functions.

The glitches though. good grief. Yeah that is why i have officially decided to not preorder. You can give me the entire nWo from 97-98, Kurt Angle (all eras) and Hogan. it still won't get me to preorder. I think i'll wait till around black friday. I really wish they could do an every other year type of release with dlc in between. Oh well

I asked Bryan Williams what his move pack ideas were cause they just seemed erratic to me. He was like "what do you want?" I responded with. "Steiner bulldog double team, Double arm brainbuster like you said, nash's corner Knee Strikes, Nash's Corner Elbows with theatrics." there's so much stuff they can add. I mean the moves we've gotten are nice but i feel alot of those moves could have already been included. IDK I just wish they wouldn't wait till the last minute to reveal stuff either.

And add back the damn glitch that let us edit in game models facepaint.

I never get tired of clothlining someone to the outside! it's a small feature but it's just such a nice touch

Or reversing that clothesline and actually flapjacking them onto the ropes.

Another thing I want to see done is a complete revamp of hell in a cell. At the moment its just not fun. On the incredibly unlikely chance you actually get out of the cage (because that in of itself is broken and the prompt to do it doesn't show up most of the time, and when it does its usually immediately before the opponent loses their groggy status), there's not much to do outside of it other than go up top which is useless since the fall through mechanic is broken.

Not to mention the AI doesn't seem to recognize there's no count out because its obsessed with getting you back in the ring, so if you get reversed even once when trying to actually get out of the cage, they'll 100 percent of the time just throw you back in the ring thus forcing you to start from square one. And they WILL reverse you, because for some reason the AI tends to have certain moves it reverses easier than others. I feel like i'm playing Soul Calibur 3 sometimes when playing 2K17 because the AI is so damn good at reversing certain moves.

Jaysus, there really is no excuse if this stupid-ass search engine for CC is still broken come 2K18.

how are you searching? are you using spaces or underscores. i know it won't help single names but i know when i search 2 word names i use an underscore and that helps

but yeah it's really messed up. 2k16's is even worse. i was going to horde some caws for before the servers go down but everytime i go to search by creator's content i get my own content lol.

funnily enough, we didn't have this problem at all in 2k14

Archived