WWE2k17 Confirmed Information!

Ernez

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realized something. They haven't revealed this game's "theme" yet. 2K14 was 30 yrs. of Wrestlemania, 2K16 had Austin mode, you know... I wonder when they'll do that. Probably not at E3 since they'll be doing this art thing instead of renders.

I just realized something. They haven't revealed this game's "theme" yet. 2K14 was 30 yrs. of Wrestlemania, 2K16 had Austin mode, you know... I wonder when they'll do that. Probably not at E3 since they'll be doing this art thing instead of renders.

I don't think 2K15 had a particular theme to it other than the fact it was a "transition year" for WWE games, unless Cena & CM Punk were the focus. Other than that, the theme for 2K17 remains to be seen, I'm hoping its a customization theme for the game this year. Unfortunately some will say that theme was already used and that was the theme of SvR 2010, but that's irrelevant since THQ is gone. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I'm expecting the theme to just be a focus on someone's career for showcase again, 2k16 was Austin and I'm sure 2k17 will be about Brock or Taker.

A Monday Night War or Legacy of wwe owened promotions would have been an awesome theme but Goldberg and Nitro as a pre-order bonus ruins that.

I don't think it'll ruin it. It probably won't be a Goldberg showcase but a Monday night war or wwe vs wcw is very possible. And it would work exactly as the Warrior dlc did. Goldberg wouldn't have a shit ton of matches anyway. Think of the roster! My god! Most will preorder to get him and if not can buy him later. It won't bother those who don't want him.

Edit* I'm not expecting the entire roster but every article I read tells me it'll be several. I'm not seeing an exact number though.

Well if 2K14 was 30 years and 2K15 was a beta and 2K16 was all about Austin they really ought to do a Monday Night War's era for 2K17 especially if Goldberg is a selling point.

Its just a shame that 2K14 never came out next year with the New Gen consoles as opposed to old gen 360/PS3. Be cool to have a 30 years mode on the PS4/X1.

I just don't see a Goldberg or Monday Night War showcase when Goldberg, Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas pre-order bonuses even despite the thing with Warrior in 2k14. I sure hope to be wrong though!

A Monday Night War showcase would give us new versions of people we've had recently like WCW Bret Hart,Chris Jericho,Eddie Guerrero and Randy Savage. We'd get stack of legends from old school to the most common to new characters in the franchise like Sid Vicious(playable)!

I just don't see a Goldberg or Monday Night War showcase when Goldberg, Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas pre-order bonuses even despite the thing with Warrior in 2k14. I sure hope to be wrong though!

A Monday Night War showcase would give us new versions of people we've had recently like WCW Bret Hart,Chris Jericho,Eddie Guerrero and Randy Savage. We'd get stack of legends from old school to the most common to new characters in the franchise like Sid Vicious(playable)!

I've been wantin Vicious in the game bad. And for god's sake give us the new age outlaws this year!

I'm still holding out for a WWE Network mode. If they don't do it, i'll be genuinely stunned how they've missed out on this marketing opportunity to get gamers to subscribe.

So simple - just showcase mode but with WWF, WCW, and ECW. You can easily skip some big matches if need be due to roster omissions, as you have three companies to play with. WWE do such a tremendous job with video packages, too, it'd just be outstanding.

Then you just add the WWE Network Bumper Pack or something, and add some AWA and NWA matches in there with some bonus arenas and wrestlers.

So, so easy.

i,m not going to hold my breath for anything significant at E3, it will just be a handful of superstars revealed. following that, they will make us wait months before they reveal anything major like they always do. they may give us the odd tiny tidbit every now and then to keep us quiet, but otherwise, it will be a barren wasteland with no info.

i'm not going to hold my breath for anything significant at E3, it will just be a handful of superstars revealed. following that, they will make us wait months before they reveal anything major like they always do. they may give us the odd tiny tidbit every now and then to keep us quiet, but otherwise, it will be a barren wasteland with no info.

My guess is the same as yours, they'll reveal a small handful of obvious superstars going to be in, then we'll go about 3-4 months of no info. I wouldn't expect anything until about September or near release.

I have a feeling that the "Womens' Revolution" may be a big part of the game's advertising. I suspect that was the reason the Four Horsewomen were left out of 2K16.

Intentionally leaving out the four biggest things in the Women's division, which actually made some fans opt out of the game, just to promote it the next year? I think 2k is smarter than that.

The focus on Career Mode is as close to an explanation for absence of the women from that show and Bayley's absence from the upcoming game will confirm that reasoning. If she makes the cut, nobody will know what the deal in 16 was unless they come out and tell you

Intentionally leaving out the four biggest things in the Women's division, which actually made some fans opt out of the game, just to promote it the next year? I think 2k is smarter than that.

The focus on Career Mode is as close to an explanation for absence of the women from that show and Bayley's absence from the upcoming game will confirm that reasoning. If she makes the cut, nobody will know what the deal in 16 was unless they come out and tell you

I still think the whole thing about the horsewomen is strange since they had Charlotte T-Shirt in the first footage and it's not in the full game from what I saw ( and in Universe Mode, you have at least champs for every title except for the women's title ).

And about the Roster Reveal, I think that if we have 5 reveals, it would be

2 superstars we usually see and fan favorites ( Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins )

1 new superstar on the main roster ( AJ Styles )

1 of the four horsewomen to please those who hated it last year ( Sasha Banks )

1 new NXT Superstar ( Apollo Crews )

We did have the roster reveal in august and footage of the King of the Ring 96 Austin vs Jake the snake Roberts in game footage from Showscase mode as well as other misc videos such as Create a Championship/Arena. How the facial imort had been improved,the hair dye feature, random matches usually showing finishers and signatures and also I recall a Q&A session which Bryce gave honest answers. 2014 was the learning curve.

Archived