WWE2k17 Confirmed Information!

Ernez

Since there are two versions I'm putting one on nitro and the other on raw in universe. He'll be one of my most used I'm sure. Some won't agree but he's in my top 10 that should be in every year. Just a nostalgia thing. He was my favorite in WCW besides Sting of course and nothing will change that. Even if looking back he wasn't the greatest.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 down....now just give me these other legends from 2K14 back

Yoko, Hulk, Scott Steiner, The Giant, Bundy, Dibiase, Studd and Bruno.

and long hair versions of Rude, Flair and Steamboat. Heck 9 of them have legends deals..so 2k doesn't even have to pay out of pocket

I wish they get rid of showcase mode entirely and replace it with something worthwhile. There's always YouTube for reliving matches.

They're probably are going to keep Showcase and work on Career mode and Universe more. Hopefully they work on those more.

Definitely miss the interference option in Universe mode.

Showcase shouldn't get removed just because YOU don't like it, It has its fan base and it's a great reason to include legends in the main game.

I am hoping for a Monday Night Wars or WWE Network(big matches from wwe/wcw/ecw and nwa)showcase.

I agree that career and universe needs to be the main focus and worked on the most though!

I remember using a Goldberg CAW in Slobberknocker mode in that one game... Not sure whether it was JBI to unlock the Smackdown fist arena or SYM to unlock the divas video. Got farther with him than I did with anybody else.

Edit: It was SYM. I think I made it to 92. Ended up using a Gameshark to unlock the video.

I want a traditional slobber knocker mode again but make it like beat the streak where people are mad hard. :P

I don't think it needs a OVERHAUL, but it needs major things added.

Showcase shouldn't get removed just because YOU don't like it, It has its fan base and it's a great reason to include legends in the main game.

Yes, and I'm sure I was speaking for myself.

I remember having played and simulated through atleast a decade in Universe mode without having come across anything exciting or consistent.

I remember well that the mode was returning with "new advancements" according to 2K last year. They posted an article highlighting the personality traits and status effects of superstars, but it is such a shame that in the end those features hardly amounted to anything.

I wouldn't have noticed any difference in gameplay if those "features" hadn't even existed at all.

Yes, universe mode definitely deserves the most attention, but I'm not exactly having high hopes. We can definitely expect new features, but there'll be no way to tell if they work or not, which is kinda hilarious.

Also, I hate to be the guy that spews negativity, but with 2K17 I would really like if I don't end up selling it under three months.

YES! I wonder if we will have a Goldberg showcase mode from WCW all the way to his final match in WWE

I really hope so and the fact they used his WCW music in the trailer.

Im guessing if we do we wont get the World Title win seeing as the Hogan trial is still going on. So glad he's in, I remember that time he debuted in WWE and got a massive reaction, so really hope we get a WCW Showcase because if we do I could see alot of WCW Arenas being included, unless they just showcase his WWE career.

Mind you if we got a showcase like Austin got last year I wouldnt complain.

A slobberknocker/gauntlet mode would be a good replacement for showcase and can feature unlockable characters that way including legends.

I could see that working. Like imagine a legend comes out each time you eliminate 10 superstars from this slobberknocker. Then suddenly everybody else clears the ring for you and this legend to go 1 on 1.

If you lose it's game over but if you defeat them you unlock them. Making the other wrestlers want to do better against you (Increases the difficult level) and this process repeats itself until you've unlocked them all.

If Goldberg weren't a DLC he'd be a awesome choice to be the final boss in this mode imo.

YES! I wonder if we will have a Goldberg showcase mode from WCW all the way to his final match in WWE

I really hope so and the fact they used his WCW music in the trailer.

Im guessing if we do we wont get the World Title win seeing as the Hogan trial is still going on. So glad he's in, I remember that time he debuted in WWE and got a massive reaction, so really hope we get a WCW Showcase because if we do I could see alot of WCW Arenas being included, unless they just showcase his WWE career.

Mind you if we got a showcase like Austin got last year I wouldnt complain.

I wouldn't hope on a WCW-related showcase mode, y'know with the Hogan stuff and all.

We are most likely getting a Lesnar showcase this year which is awesome. I can't wait to get an in-game Angle again.

They are letting more and more Hogan references go so who knows. The new Dudleys DVD Bubba talks about TNA and Hulk Hogan whereas the last few dvd's they edited any mention the interviewees made to hogan.

The website has started to quietly start showing him here and there. In "behind the scenes" or "rare photos" galleries on wwe.com where hogan was removed last year I have read that he has been out back.

Do I think he will be in? No, but I do think they are starting to warm up to the idea of bringing him back or at least his memory anyway.

We are most likely getting a Lesnar showcase this year which is awesome. I can't wait to get an in-game Angle again.

what are you going on with that? Showcase could be anyone.

They are letting more and more Hogan references go so who knows. The new Dudleys DVD Bubba talks about TNA and Hulk Hogan whereas the last few dvd's they edited any mention the interviewees made to hogan.

The website has started to quietly start showing him here and there. In "behind the scenes" or "rare photos" galleries on wwe.com where hogan was removed last year I have read that he has been out back.

Do I think he will be in? No, but I do think they are starting to warm up to the idea of bringing him back or at least his memory anyway.

what are you going on with that? Showcase could be anyone.

I wouldnt want a Lesnar showcase. Its highly unlikely we will get Kurt Angle and most of the guys Lesnar wrestles are already in the current roster ie Show/Cena/Taker/Rock.

Funny you mention Hogan being mentioned again on WWE because Shane McMahon mentioned him on the podcast last week.

It may have gone past me but when did they announce 2 WCW Arenas?

Archived