Changes to Create-A-Moveset Format in 2k17

AgeofSandow

What do you think 2k will/should change for 2k17? For example, the changes to strong strikes this year. This is not a topic about accurate movesets, or new moves, or whatnot. Just overall layout/move choice.. I'd like this:

fix strikes section, unlocking the "gut kick" section, expanding strike slots and allowing any move to be in any slot in the combo.

Two OMG suicide dive slots. That way, you wouldn't have to throw in one as a grapple or springboard.

Diving to outside section. Like the diving plancha or moonsault to outside.

Fix ground grapples, allowing people to choose any move as a weak grapple, and any as a strong grapple. the weaker one just does less damage. get rid of the strong strike nonsense.

I am fairly certain we'll be able to use springboard moves as finishers this time around. It's been a very requested feature and i'd say chances are good Styles will be in the game, so they'd want to give him his forearm.

Fix ground grapples, allowing people to choose any move as a weak grapple, and any as a strong grapple. the weaker one just does less damage. get rid of the strong strike nonsense.

Why would they do that? I love the refined strikes/grapples setup. One of my favourite new things from 2K16. They should keep that.

I agree with the other things you mentioned.

Why would they do that? I love the refined strikes/grapples setup. One of my favourite new things from 2K16. They should keep that.

I agree with the other things you mentioned.

for ground moves, it' s a horrible idea. Let's take Seth Rollins for example. I would like to put in the stomp combination and mount punches. With the current system, I can only use one, as they're both in a single slot. Really, I should be able to have 2, where one is the weak(stomps) and the other is the strong(punches). You could do this with any number of moves. That would make movesets more varied and accurate.

I like the springboard concept. I bet 2k will just animate the forearm as a corner grapple or something, though.

Not sure if this counts, but making reversal animations customizable, that way everyone plays in a unique manner. ie: Roman Reigns counters a lot of stuff with an uppercut, Rollins counters back grapples with an enzuigiri, etc etc

I am fairly certain we'll be able to use springboard moves as finishers this time around. It's been a very requested feature and i'd say chances are good Styles will be in the game, so they'd want to give him his forearm.

If they do this, I really hope they fix the springboard animations. They seem to be really wonky when it comes to actually landing them. I feel like it's more likely that Styles Forearm will be a corner grapple, similar to how Brian Pillmans Springboard Clothesline is.

You know, going back to the person's example of stomping and choking, I totally agree. Moves shouldn't be cut up between different grapple positions, based on 2K/Yukes programmers arbitrary decide they should go. E.G. If I want to place a particular standing grapple move, lets say Powerslam 2, it should be available in all standing grapple positions: quick grapples, weak grapples and strong grapples, signiatures and finishers move sections, not just one or two of those categories due to arbitrary restrictions.

Looking at 2K's CAW Mode where we have WWE clothes and generic versions/non-WWE clothes, I want WWE move animations, and also generic versions of the same moves. E.G. When Michael Cole's An Cole Lock got the Michael Cole specific animation cut from the start and became Jack Swagger's Patriot Lock ankle lock. I might actually use a lot of moves if they weren't spoilt by goofy character specific animations tacked onto the beginning or end of the move, because they don't fit my CAW's mannerisms. Please note I want both generic and character-animated versions to be included, I also value that character specific animations can be valuable. E.G. I want to see Ken Shamrock's Shamrock Ankle Lock animation (armbar into ankle lock from early SmackDown games) included, not just lazily giving Shamrock the Patriot Lock or the lone surviving Kurt Angle Ankle Lock like they do all the time.

I think each superstars and divas should have their own moves, like on the old WWE games. This maybe a stupid idea but it would be easy to assign each move on a moveset.

Something I always wanted to have in the WWE series is the ability to have all the versions of the same move.

Let's take Bray Wyatt for exemple, you have 3 Sister Abigail in the game but you can only have two finishers, would be fun if when you select a move, you are able to use ALL the moves in a different position. If they have John Cena AA's from the top rope, it would be nice to not have to choose between this and the STF and instead be able to have the 3 moves

ok i will be new to the xbox1 format this year and I'm not sure if this is already a thing. i know it isn't on the 360 platform.

I'd like to see tag team finishers where you set which wrestler does a particular part of the move. i tend to shy away from tag team finishers because the wrong wrestler can start the move. nothing worse than watching Big Cass climb on Enzo's shoulders. or triple H super kicking an opponent into HBK's pedigree.

you can set the wrestlers placement during tag team entrances so the animation looks right, i think this would also help the tag team finishers.

Something I always wanted to have in the WWE series is the ability to have all the versions of the same move.

Let's take Bray Wyatt for exemple, you have 3 Sister Abigail in the game but you can only have two finishers, would be fun if when you select a move, you are able to use ALL the moves in a different position. If they have John Cena AA's from the top rope, it would be nice to not have to choose between this and the STF and instead be able to have the 3 moves

would be cool to also be able to edit these. For example, you can select Sister Abigail 1 and 2 and de-select the third one if you wish. I'd really like this feature for a Diamond cutter. imagine the finishes with that.

Man, I was hoping this was actually news about 2k17's game.

Anyways, my thoughts.

I agree about unlocking the locked moves on the striking section. I would like to change the toe kick, etc. to whatever I would like to use, it would mean more move slots.

Customization on how wrestlers reversal, sounds awesome to me!, would love to see this in.

Being able to choose which wrestler does what part of their tag finisher should have already been in, hopefully their add it this year.

And I liked the idea of being able to choose randomly which finisher is used in matches for wrestlers that have various animations/finishers.

I would like to see, as I've been mentioned on previous topic, the ability to keep track of who's using said moves, maybe have it in text format, that will say 20 wrestlers are using this move, and then you can go into more info, and it will list all those wrestlers who are using the move.

Archived