Do you think GM mode will return?

LieCheatSteal

It seems like a high possibility now since the announcement of the brand split. It probably won't return this year but it'll most likely be in 2k18. There's a high demand for it so it'a no-brainer to give people what they've wanted since they got rid of it in Smackdown vs. RAW 2009.

Also, Hopefully this means no more Universe mode. :dance:

I honestly don't get why people want GM mode back, when Universe mode is basically the same thing. Universe mode doesn't use money, which is the main thing I hated about GM mode. IMO what they need to do is massively overhaul Universe mode. There's so much potential in that mode, but it's never been reached. If storylines actually played out, in way that you could see them and that made sense...universe mode would be awesome.

Hell they could have Universe mode set up in 3 different ways: You could work your way through universe mode, only using one wrestler and it would basically play out like Story mode in Smackdown Shut Your Mouth. Or you could take the GM route and compete against another brand (which could be played by AI or even by an online competitor) You would have to do whatever takes to be the number 1 brand or you'd get fired by Vince. Ratings would play a huge factor. Or you could take the owner route and be the owner of WWE or make your own custom organization. You'd have to do some of things that Vince does daily. Sign talent, pick out hosts for Wrestlemania, Summerslam, ect, keep attendance and merchandise up among other things. Make sure the WWE network subs are up. Thats just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. So much potential in universe mode

I honestly don't get why people want GM mode back, when Universe mode is basically the same thing. Universe mode doesn't use money, which is the main thing I hated about GM mode. IMO what they need to do is massively overhaul Universe mode. There's so much potential in that mode, but it's never been reached. If storylines actually played out, in way that you could see them and that made sense...universe mode would be awesome.

Hell they could have Universe mode set up in 3 different ways: You could work your way through universe mode, only using one wrestler and it would basically play out like Story mode in Smackdown Shut Your Mouth. Or you could take the GM route and compete against another brand (which could be played by AI or even by an online competitor) You would have to do whatever takes to be the number 1 brand or you'd get fired by Vince. Ratings would play a huge factor. Or you could take the owner route and be the owner of WWE or make your own custom organization. You'd have to do some of things that Vince does daily. Sign talent, pick out hosts for Wrestlemania, Summerslam, ect, keep attendance and merchandise up among other things. Make sure the WWE network subs are up. Thats just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. So much potential in universe mode

This...so very much this.

I cannot fathom the enthusiasm for GM mode. But...I know some do and it should be a part of Universe mode for the fans of it.

I'd prefer, as said above, to see certain aspects of GM mode introduced to universe mode. Budgets, superstar pay, jumping ship, contract length, injuries (Real injuries for gods sake), etc.

Universe Mode needs some new features quite badly, but even what it is now is 100x better than GM Mode.

GM Mode never really made any sense. It rated your matches but there was never any criteria to it; I think the match ratings were probably random honestly. What it seemed to really come down to was who won the interpromotional matches at the big PPVs. That brand would win and anything else was just filler. It's only really fun if you want it to be a funny/stupid experience with your friends.

Also any of this upcoming Brand Split stuff won't even be actually represented in the games until 2K18 anyway, as July is beyond the cut-off date. We'll already see footage of 2K17 before the Brand Split even starts to put it in perspective.

Universe Mode needs some new features quite badly, but even what it is now is 100x better than GM Mode.

GM Mode never really made any sense. It rated your matches but there was never any criteria to it; I think the match ratings were probably random honestly. What it seemed to really come down to was who won the interpromotional matches at the big PPVs. That brand would win and anything else was just filler. It's only really fun if you want it to be a funny/stupid experience with your friends.

Also any of this upcoming Brand Split stuff won't even be actually represented in the games until 2K18 anyway, as July is beyond the cut-off date. We'll already see footage of 2K17 before the Brand Split even starts to put it in perspective.

Well it depends, I think 2K probably knows that there are quite a few people asking for a GM mode, also maybe (big maybe) WWE already told them that they will do a brand split, I don't believe that this decision has been made just recently.

I don't believe it will come back this year either, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it actually returns.

About Universe mode:

What pisses me off the most is that you don't have empty matchcards so you can't book shit the way you want to. If I let Reigns feud with Rollins they face off each and every week, which never happens on RAW or SmackDown. What I'd like to do (and that has been possible in GM mode) is do it Teddy Long style by combining 2 feuds in one match without automatically destroying the feuds (for example 6 man tag team match - Dudleys & Rollins vs. Cass, Enzo and Reigns)

I'd prefer, as said above, to see certain aspects of GM mode introduced to universe mode. Budgets, superstar pay, jumping ship, contract length, injuries (Real injuries for gods sake), etc.

Agreed. Never really cared for the idea of bringing GM mode back as it's own mode. Merging it with Universe mode would be a lot better as Universe needs more features, as TheNoOneM1 said, and elements from GM mode would be a great choice.

Archived