the moves you despise.

sickle

typing this is making me realize how long I've been playing these wrestling games...

I got hooked back in the mid 90's playing on the original playstation. over almost two decades of wrestling games I have noticed something that ties them all together. and that is

some moves are really just incredibly stupid. there I said it. every year I buy the new game and spend a few days fixing the entire rosters moveset.

I mean why does everyone have the single leg crab...

why are there so many with a full nelson slam for a finisher(and its an old boring animation as well)

so id like to hear from anyone interested who likes to tweak the movesets to either be more accurate, more entertaining or plainly more realistic.

just post the move you hate and the move you more often than not swap it for. you can even put the wrestler in as it might give others an idea or two.

just to start it off(I will have some more) since I mentioned full nelson slams as finishers, here are three default roster wrestlers with the move:

konner- I subbed it out with the inverted Alabama slam from DLC. I am sure he has never done it but a guy his size might be able to realistically pull it off.

sandow- I gave him the regal cutter as I am not using William regal on the roster and the move works as a throwback/variation to his straight jacket neckbreaker.

rowan- nothing really flashy need for the big guy so I gave him the one and only. it suits his size.

so if theres a move or more that has always been move from your finishers to regular grapple, post it here. this might give some of us with stale movesets a jolt of energy. thanks for reading.

I get the sneaking suspicion i'm going to disagree with a lot of people in this topic... aaanyway.

The current canadian destroyer animation. Looks terrible.

Sweet Chin Music - The selling animation is not only stupid and unrealistic, but it also 9 times out of 10 deposits the guy in the ropes. I have never seen anyone sell it by spinning round and falling forward.

I also hate the "walkover" move, usually because the CPU spams it. Mind you I retired Big Slow, so I don't come up against it much in 2016.

ur topic title suggests name an animation we don't like

but the body of ur topic is about innaccurate movesets. Most ppl have and will answer based on the title.

I hate hate hate the Meathook Clothesline. It looks terrible. I hate any move (mostly clotheslines) where instead of having a closed fist the mo-cappers hand is open.

i also hate the new springboard clothesline. It doesn't look like a clothesline that anyone does. Also not a fan that the default Scoop Slam in everyones moveset is one of the uncommon Scoop Slams that not many ppl actually do. Unlike Scoop Slam 8 which would be the appropriate, more commonly used one u see in real life.

The accurate moveset argument has been done to death. And unfortunately the devs have finally reached out to us and want to fix the movesets...and all of a sudden all the complainers are gone. Nobody cares anymore. I seem to be the only one helping out at the moment.

i've said it a million times. Use my movesets. I was one of the more popular moveset makers on last gen. But since i came to next gen back in December...crickets. Which is a shame, because ur not going to find more accurate movesets for in-game wrestlers then mine. I literally watched every match for the last couple years and took notes to create every moveset.

The Vaudvillains, Enzo & Big Cass, Big E sets i just released. I watched every televised match they ever had in WWE/NXT to make their movesets. Who else is doing that?

Corner Meat Hook is the closest thing the games have ever had to Lex Luger's running lariat/forearm thing. Love it.

i can't recall specifically what the corner one looks like....but i know i hate the running strike one

same

num 11

Suplex 4

Swinging neckbreaker 1,2

Neckbreaker 1, 5

Every Hangmans neckbreaker apart from 4

Elbow drop 5

Knife edge chops 5,6

Swanton bomb 1

Frog splash 1,2

I get the sneaking suspicion i'm going to disagree with a lot of people in this topic... aaanyway.

The current canadian destroyer animation. Looks terrible.

I don't like it either. It feels slow and clunky. Almost like it was mo-capped by a guy who's never done it before

ur topic title suggests name an animation we don't like

but the body of ur topic is about innaccurate movesets. Most ppl have and will answer based on the title.

I hate hate hate the Meathook Clothesline. It looks terrible. I hate any move (mostly clotheslines) where instead of having a closed fist the mo-cappers hand is open.

i also hate the new springboard clothesline. It doesn't look like a clothesline that anyone does. Also not a fan that the default Scoop Slam in everyones moveset is one of the uncommon Scoop Slams that not many ppl actually do. Unlike Scoop Slam 8 which would be the appropriate, more commonly used one u see in real life.

The accurate moveset argument has been done to death. And unfortunately the devs have finally reached out to us and want to fix the movesets...and all of a sudden all the complainers are gone. Nobody cares anymore. I seem to be the only one helping out at the moment.

i've said it a million times. Use my movesets. I was one of the more popular moveset makers on last gen. But since i came to next gen back in December...crickets. Which is a shame, because ur not going to find more accurate movesets for in-game wrestlers then mine. I literally watched every match for the last couple years and took notes to create every moveset.

The Vaudvillains, Enzo & Big Cass, Big E sets i just released. I watched every televised match they ever had in WWE/NXT to make their movesets. Who else is doing that?

Perhaps I did go into a tangent with movesets, that wasn't my goal. The mind wanders I guess...

I've seen and used your sets before and they are quite good.

I guess to streamline my point to ease confusion I'll ask it this way:

Are there moves in the game you despise to the point, you actively remove them from all movesets?

As far as finisher swapping, this is just my curiosity to see what moves get swapped on who.

Mostly I hate moves with weirdo animations after them. I'm pretty sure there's a one arm sideslam or somethng that ends with the move user like... a weird jump, bobbing on his heels kind of thing. It looks like something MVP or JTG would do. Thing is that whatever move it is looks quite good, but that shuffle animation just kills it. I can't use the move since it doesn't fit how my wrestlers would act.

I wish they'd do what they did when they turned the An Cole Lock into the Patriot Lock, just remove the character-specific animation frames from the move, but keep both versions for those that do like it. Looking at CAW Mode, I wish they'd have a filter for moves where you have 'WWE Moves' with character specific animations done by people in WWE how they perform the move, and 'Other Moves', whicih are generic versions of the same moves, and moves for people not in WWE.

Although, saying that, I get tired of searching for moves too, so I'd like the option to rename moves too.

That way I could keep all the same/simillar moves together, and list them either as the wrestler name, or under a name I recognise from a previous game, and it would still show the in-game name of the move in brackets.

DDT - Future Shock 2 (DDT 24)

DDT - Jake The Snake (DDT 15)

any move that starts with a kick or punch, then the opponent just stands there while the wrestler run to the ropes and comes back. moves like the running dropkick Tyson kidd always has in his set.

Can't stand the Pedigree they gave to Seth Rollins - looks like a women's version so gave it to Stephanie McMahon. I gave Seth the underhook facebuster instead (Yes, I know there are other Pedigrees) as it actually looks pretty good in game.

Can't stand the Pedigree they gave to Seth Rollins - looks like a women's version so gave it to Stephanie McMahon. I gave Seth the underhook facebuster instead (Yes, I know there are other Pedigrees) as it actually looks pretty good in game.

I agree. I gave rollins the slapjack since I wasn't using stevie ray.

The problem with the OP is that he lists three wrestlers who actually used the Full Nelson Slam.

I know the three I listed use the full nelson slam, my point was that I don't like the move as a finisher and I listed the moves I sub it out for. that was at the base of my curiosity. if there's a move you hate on a wrestler, you get rid of it. I want to know what people use for their substitutions.

Archived