WWE Brand Split 2016 Discussion Thread - Contains Post-Draft Spoilers

LEGION

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not big on SmackDown going live, but the brand split returning has me really, really pumped. Here's hoping they split the PPVs and titles again as well.

Title split is good but PPV splitting is not. Better have it a RAW & SD combined PPV. They should learn from their errors in the past where people only watch RAW PPV and nobody watches the SD PPV since it has lackluster story lines.

Not always the case. While RAW was giving us Hunter going over everyone and their mother SmackDown was giving us stuff like Lesnar Vs Angle.
Smackdown PPVs post-2004 were never worth watching imo
Not even for Taker Vs the Ortons or King Booker?

Be interesting in how they split the Roster.

I'm saying it now...

RAW

Roman Reigns

Seth Rollins

John Cena

Rusev

etc.

Smackdown

AJ Styles

Finn Balor

Sami Zayn

Samoa Joe

Cesaro

Kevin Owens

etc.

This is basically what im thinking. Smackdown will no doubt be the more wrestling based, new stars type show once again. I just really, really hope they dont do the stupid shit where they split a shitload of tag teams again.

I think the draft will either happen at the Battleground Pre-Show or they will start drafting people after Money in the Bank. Or at Money in the Bank itself.

Like...

Roman Reigns loses the WWE Championship.

Challenges for a rematch at Battleground.

Stephanie McMahon comes out and says that Roman won't get a rematch because he's drafted to SmackDown, while Seth Rollins stays on Raw, or something like that.

Yeah I have to say, A shake up like this has me really excited. It may get stale and it may flop, but WWE need to take more risks tbh. Good on them for taking the plunge.

Few things I wanna see;

- Make the IC title the main title of Smackdown.

- Tag Titles dual branded

- US title on Smackdown

- Womens title on RAW or Dual branded I don't really mind

- No Single-brand PPV's. However, single branded Network specials/

- RAW vs. Smackdown PPV's, gimmick matches, Network specials

- Don't just throw NXT superstars who move up to the main roster on A random show. Have them try out for both, have the GM's vie for new talent for their rosters, have them compete for it. Especially the champions/former champion from NXT. Where does Finn Balor feel like he'll fit, which show is he leaning towards? Could make for some great competition and some neat story.

- Have Rusev be the face of both brands at the same time

Unreal how much I missed these split brands.

Steph vs. Shane

Team Blue vs. Team Red

it's just such a natural kind of rivalry and makes things so much more interesting just by announcing it.

Yeah I have to say, A shake up like this has me really excited. It may get stale and it may flop, but WWE need to take more risks tbh. Good on them for taking the plunge.

Few things I wanna see;

- Make the IC title the main title of Smackdown.

- Tag Titles dual branded

- US title on Smackdown

- Womens title on RAW or Dual branded I don't really mind

- No Single-brand PPV's. However, single branded Network specials/

- RAW vs. Smackdown PPV's, gimmick matches, Network specials

- Don't just throw NXT superstars who move up to the main roster on A random show. Have them try out for both, have the GM's vie for new talent for their rosters, have them compete for it. Especially the champions/former champion from NXT. Where does Finn Balor feel like he'll fit, which show is he leaning towards? Could make for some great competition and some neat story.

- Have Rusev be the face of both brands at the same time

Thats a really good idea. Also agree with (almost) everything else.

I think it's a good thing for sure, cus the roster is getting bigger and bigger. It was inevetable in fact. And I like it, because they will have to do a more decent job...and the reason is...they are going live.

And above else, they desperatly need this shake up. It will keep thing more interesting for some time. I can predict that Smackdown will probably be more wrestling orientated like before. Actually, they may not have to do that...because with this roster they can actually make both shows very good.

The thing is tough...they really need to bring back RAW to 2 hours now. But they won't. Because when was or will be the time that WWE/Vince goes to scale down something, instead of trying to scale up? Everything always has to be bigger than before...

Not big on SmackDown going live, but the brand split returning has me really, really pumped. Here's hoping they split the PPVs and titles again as well.

Title split is good but PPV splitting is not. Better have it a RAW & SD combined PPV. They should learn from their errors in the past where people only watch RAW PPV and nobody watches the SD PPV since it has lackluster story lines.

Not always the case. While RAW was giving us Hunter going over everyone and their mother SmackDown was giving us stuff like Lesnar Vs Angle.

I agree with you with the Lesnar and Angle but when most SD main eventers went to RAW, SD became kind of lame. And mostly the show is very skippable. Remember when they have to cover the seats in SD shows and not have the camera pan on those places. Well Pepperidge Farms Remembers.

I can't wait for this, best news I've heard from the WWE in a long time! I loved the early years of the brand split when the shows were presented as equals, 2 main champs, brand vs brand and important stuff actually happened on Smackdown. This will make things fresh again and with this announcement seems like they'll bring back the World Heavyweight Championship so SD can have it's main champ. Also with SD going live this is their biggest opportunity to have it on the level of raw.

I had to make a video about it sharing my thoughts.

Ooooooooooh nice. Something is actually happening? I'm all for it. THANK *Censored* THOSE CANNED REACTIONS WILL BE FINALLY DEAD.

They better air it Live over here too. Sky Sports have literally only starting to air it on Thursdays this week.

EDIT: They are. :)

BREAKING NEWS: @WWE #SmackDown is going LIVE on Tuesday nights on @SkySports, starting July 19! More info to follow.

I don't think they will split the heavyweight championship again. And frankly there is no need. That was the ultimate staple and downfall on the main event decision. And everyone was hating it, because World championships meant less and less, and WHC was treated like crap kinda.

Now the WWE WHC can be seen as the ultimate prize, as it should be. Holding it, would mean you are the best of two brands. You are the boss, the guy that now has a target on his back with even bigger roster.

So for Christ sake don't split it. And since I don't think they are doing this for some personal animosity like they did before (storyline wise), it's not the point that everyone has its own World champion, rather that the champion comes from their show.

The first draft ever made sense why there were two world titles. Roster was stacked, it evened out on both brands.. world title matches were equivalent at that time until the mid 2000s.

If they can just level the prestige of both world titles with good storylines etc. it will be worth it

I don't think it makes sense to have a brand split with one world title. The world champ doing double duty? lol

Unless the IC Title is the main attraction of SD...

They did it in 2002 and worked back then, so i don't see why it would be different now.

Actually now the initial buzz has settled i'm not sure if this will work.

For one looking at the roster it's not even that big to be needing a brand split. And all the divisons are now decent/good because the number of talent that is used is the right amount, split that in half and you get the same match/feuds over and over again, even more so than right now.

Archived