The Great Original CAW discussion thread

Oz70NYC

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And uploaded! Tags are GMP, Tarek Arafa, Egyptian Prodigy

Downloaded.

Can't wait to see him tear things up on Smackdown...

Glad you like. :cool:

@Pepsay

...and this

"Iz mine!" "no, iz mine!"

saw the video when you uploaded it, and gave it a like. :cool:

I'm currently using a new attire for Brandon X, and recorded a match between him and Sannosuke Tetsuya. Anyone interested in either of them? if so i'll upload 'em.

Sweet a topic to discuss original creations. Now my ideas drift from place to place and whatnot. But my topic is in my signature and stuff. This year I've churned out a decent amount though I used to fill up all the slots back in the day. My concept this year was to create entrance tracks for the wrestlers and do announcing myself. So far it's been good but it's tough trying to fit a theme into a character. Will have a new one up sometime late Wednesday, early Thursday.

It's also nice to see creations without clicking back and forth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEOQRH1Xfmw

Thought I'd throw in my contribution to the thread. I've never been one for making loads of different CAWs, I tend to just make my one guy (occasionally one or two others), but this forum and thread have encouraged me to try and be a bit more creative. My guys are still quite generic, I've not used any texture or morphing but I think they're a decent start.

First is my go to guy for WWE games, he's evolved over the years and the most recent version is;

Mad Dog Murphy

Murphy is a technical type wrestler who plays up to his 'mad dog' persona.

Finishers;

'Sectioned' (Straight Jacket DDT)

'Beg Four Mercy' (Inverted Figure Four Leg Lock)

Signatures; Diving Elbow Drop and Rebound Lariat

280tl49.jpg

Alt Attire

286r6s6.jpg

Then over the last couple of days I've introduced Mad Dog's older brother...

Howlin' Wolf Murphy

Howlin' Wolf is completely different in style to his brother. A lover of old school he believes in power and strength over finesse.

Finishers:

'Bad Moon Landing' (Sit-down Last Ride Powerbomb)

'Highland Clearance' (Buzzsaw Kick)

Signatures:

'Bad Moon Rising' (Chokeslam)

Running Body Press.

zk5mqv.jpg

Alt Attire

16qnic.jpg

Would appreciate and suggestions/advice

They're pretty god, all things considered. Do you intend to upload either one for others here to use? (Assuming you're on PS4, which the majority in this thread seem to be)

You can guys can search for me by using my handle: Jayma_LaAkademia or my hashtag: Power of Wrestling. I hope you guys enjoy some of my content. If you do, hopefully you can spread the word and give me a thumbs up ???

Some of the Power of Wrestling superstars

Final Dragon

Finisher: Trouble in Paradise

Based on my favorite masked wrestler, Último Dragon. His style is based around martial arts, high risk aerial maneuvers, and submission wrestling. Has defeated pretty much every other cruiserweight in the world and is my current Cruiserweight champion.

http://imgur.com/IgYfroJ

Lance Slater

Finisher: Whippersnapper

The Real American Hero. Very patriotic and is an all around good guy. His fighting style style is based on Shawn Michaels and Shane The Glamourboy. Shows a lot of heart, even in the face of adversity. Currently on the road to the United States championship.

http://imgur.com/OdD3gux

Carl Zilla

Finisher: Danielson Special/ Chimera-plex

Based on William Regal, but more ruthless. His attack focuses on breaking arms. He'll find any way to hurt that arm, whether it be stomping on, stretching out, or using the arm breaker and transitioning into the Danielson Special. If you plan on having the AI control him, don't let him get started on your arms, because it's only a matter of time before you tap out!

http://imgur.com/zTBAgFs

Kwan Chang

Finisher: Spinning Savate Kick

I was watching Bloodsport when I had the idea for this guy. His style is all about kicks, plain and simple. He's fast and has a counter for almost anything you throw at him. His main rival is Final Dragon as both have their eyes set on the Cruiserweight championship.

http://imgur.com/0n64K6o

Ricky Tyson

Finisher: Shooting Star Press

Ricky Tyson is the fastest rising star in POW. He's young and arrogant but has all the skill in the world to back it up. His style is sort of based around Shelton Benjamin, but with more high flying moves added to his arsenal. Definitely one of my favorite creations.

http://imgur.com/jDoVFSm

P.O.W. World Championship

http://imgur.com/U4kUjJp

They're pretty god, all things considered. Do you intend to upload either one for others here to use? (Assuming you're on PS4, which the majority in this thread seem to be)

Yeah I'll stick them on CC this evening, will let you know when they're posted.

Thought I'd throw in my contribution to the thread. I've never been one for making loads of different CAWs, I tend to just make my one guy (occasionally one or two others), but this forum and thread have encouraged me to try and be a bit more creative. My guys are still quite generic, I've not used any texture or morphing but I think they're a decent start.

First is my go to guy for WWE games, he's evolved over the years and the most recent version is;

Mad Dog Murphy

Murphy is a technical type wrestler who plays up to his 'mad dog' persona.

Finishers;

'Sectioned' (Straight Jacket DDT)

'Beg Four Mercy' (Inverted Figure Four Leg Lock)

Signatures; Diving Elbow Drop and Rebound Lariat

280tl49.jpg

Alt Attire

286r6s6.jpg

Then over the last couple of days I've introduced Mad Dog's older brother...

Howlin' Wolf Murphy

Howlin' Wolf is completely different in style to his brother. A lover of old school he believes in power and strength over finesse.

Finishers:

'Bad Moon Landing' (Sit-down Last Ride Powerbomb)

'Highland Clearance' (Buzzsaw Kick)

Signatures:

'Bad Moon Rising' (Chokeslam)

Running Body Press.

zk5mqv.jpg

Alt Attire

16qnic.jpg

Would appreciate and suggestions/advice

Both these fine chaps are now uploaded to CC, tags are 'swedgeantilles' 'caw.ws' 'mad dog' 'howlin wolf'

Enjoy :)

New CAW I'm currently working on:

fodeppna.jpg

gnzj4zi3.jpg

pir5vuu5.jpg

Name is "Kigata". Another Japanese guy.

I created him before in WWE'12 & 2k14, under his masked persona "Nagasaki".

Made his debut in 2010. He's a high flyer and lost his mask in a Hair vs. Mask match between himself and TENTO.

His finisher as Nagasaki was the "Phoenix Splash" as a tribute to Hayabusa, who inspired him big time and was the basis for his look as Nagasaki.

He has retired the Phoenix Splash now, and is using the "K4" now, which is a Rolling Cutter.

I wanted to do this one without custom logos, but I'm not a fan of the second attire and will add some logos to that, when I find the time to create them. Haven't finished the moveset either.

All of these CAWs look awesome. I'm inspired to share my own so here we go. My girlfriend and I made up a roster of about 60 or so wrestlers, all women for our original promotion called PiNEAPPLE! Wrestling.

It's like Lucha Underground meets Street Fighter meets Mortal Kombat. It's inspired by a few of our favorite games. Every character has a unique back story. The overall story in a nutshell is a classic battle between good and evil. I'm at work now, so if anyone is interested I'll post more about the story later.

We have everything from angels to demons, an ogre, an evil clown and a bunch of normal realistic wrestlers. It's pretty gimmicky, but we try to balance it with realism. I don't have any pictures I can post right now, because again, I'm at work.

As far as our creative process is concerned we try to think of a gimmick or a character that can either supplement the overall story or enhance another character's story. Or we might think of an interesting story for a character and once we get an idea of what we're going for we get a rough image in our head and do our best to recreate it with the parts given to us in the game.

I'm starting YouTube channel for our characters. I'll post a link of one of the matches. If you like what you see there's a few others on there as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDV3G-0EaM8

That match features Christy Bae, an aspiring model who had to put her career on hold to get revenge on a biker gang that hospitalized her brother, taking on Shadow Stalker. She's an assassin hired by the US government to kill The Devil, who aspires to conquer the world through fear and chaos.

This match is just an exhibition. There's no story behind it.

That backstory of the match escalated quickly :lol:

... I like it.

I also really like the look of Christy. Really Babyface-ish

Lol A lot of our characters have dark back stories. It's quite the contrast to the colorful presentation of the company. I'm glad you like Christy. I spent a lot of time on her. Shadow Stalker was made by my girlfriend.

Here's another match from the crazy world of PiNEAPPLE! Wrestling. The backstory is a bit long, so if you don't feel like reading the whole thing just skip to the bottom for the match.

This another match that features Christy Bae. This time she is squaring off against her enemy Sapphire Storm. Here's the story. Christy Bae is an aspiring model from Chicago, Illinois. Her father walked out on Christy, her older brother Calvin and her mother. Unable to cope with the heartache and the stress, Christy's mother became addicted to drugs. Calvin always believed in Christy, so he decided to take care of the family by finding work in order to allow Christy to pursue her dream. What the family didn't know is that the only work Calvin could find was ironically dealing drugs. Enter Sapphire Storm.

Sapphire Storm is the sister of the woman who saved the Earth from The Devil's attempt of domination a year earlier, Ruby Storm. Sapphire recently became aware of a secret that has been held from her by her family. The secret is that Sapphire is Ruby's adopted sister. Ruby was aware of this, but didn't know how to tell Sapphire without hurting her. Sapphire saw this as an act of betrayal so she ran away from their home in Manhattan, New York.

On her journey she ran into a duo of biker criminals dubbed by the news as The Outlaws, Big Nasty and Marilyn Blackwell. The Outlaws are notorious for traveling the country on their bikes and leaving a trail of destruction in their path. The Outlaws with Sapphire in tow ended up in Chicago one night. They ran into a young man who was selling drugs. That young man was the brother of Calvin Bay. Low on funds, The Outlaws tried extorting him, but he knew he couldn't give up the money for his family's sake. Not ones to take no for an answer Big Nasty and Marilyn beat Calvin to a pulp while Sapphire looked on in horror. The Outlaws and Sapphire fled the seen and kept a low profile, before showing up to fight in the PiNEAPPLE! Wrestling Tournament.

Meanwhile, Christy Bae was forced to put her dream on hold and find a full-time job as a waitress in order to support herself and her mother, as well as pay off Calvin's hospital expenses. One day fate took it's course when Ruby Storm happened to visit the same restaurant where Christy works. Ruby was in Chicago because she heard it was the last place Sapphire was publicly seen. Ruby and Christy exchanged grievances while a commercial for the upcoming PiNEAPPLE! Wrestling Tournament aired on the television set hanging above the bar. The cash prize was enough for Christy to pay off Calvin's hospital bills and then some. Ruby wasn't interested in the money, but she was certain Sapphire would show up. Ruby offered to train Christy in the art of wrestling. Christy accepted and the two promptly began their adventure to PiNEAPPLE! Wrestling.

Fast forward to the tournament where Christy and Ruby realize they were searching for the same person the entire time, although for different reasons. Since Sapphire refused to take part in Calvin's assault, she was forced to take the blame. This is the match where Christy finally gets her hands on Sapphire Storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nmjc7sMba4

Decided to post Noah Cross tomorrow instead, still a bit of things I want to edit about it. Might also post one of my tag teams, but i'm not sure which yet.

I could post The Roundtable (Danny and Robby Knight),When Wolves Fly (Casey Morgan and Gavin Starr), or Violence Party (Marshall Austin and Rip Cassidy).

I'm saving my biggest tag team, The Requiem, for a later date.

Archived