CZW Discussion

Crowley

There's a lot of good stuff going on in CZW right now and I didn't see a thread, so here's a new one.

The word on the street is that CZW is going to shoot a pilot for a new TV show and is in the process of talking to several networks. Also, John *censored*ing Zandig came back! First DJ Hyde teased the audience by playing Zandig's theme, but then he really came out and the place went nuts.

JEEEZUS!

Zandig coming back is awesome. I'm thinking DJ/Zandig will be a non-tournament thing at TOD. Not sure how I feel about it as a whole though as it's CZW and they tend to drop the ball a lot. I'd love to see Zandig stick around and get that Mickey Rourke run, but I'd also like to see Zandig run his own thing becauze I think he could book guys who just won't talk to DJ for one reason or another. I mean, he booked his deathmatch tournament and got Joker involved. I don't think someone like Joker would work a deathmatch tournament for DJ. Zandig is "the boss" and gets respect whereas DJ bought three letters and became a big shot, but doesn't get the respect that Zandig would IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think they've officially announced anything yet, but surely he'll be involved somehow. This Saturday is TOD 15.

Also, It's technically not CZW, but I'm sure death match fans will appreciate this clip from Zandig's Tournament of Survival.

Seeing him Mother Fn Bomb Joey Janela off the roof is kind of surreal. It's like taking a time machine back to 2003.

I saw pics of that bump on Twitter but hadn't seen a video. It was done into the back of a pick-up truck, which I would assume had some kind of padding in the bed of it to prevent another serious injury similar to Mondo. Noticed Zandig did it with his legs straight as well. Wasn't that one of the things that made the Mondo bump go seriously wrong? I remember hearing that the tables were too close, and Zandigs legs broke the tables they did hit. Excited to see this show when it's released as well.

Nick Gage's return is also imminent. While it's not for a CZW show, we can only assume that he's going to make his way back to CZW.

uQ1HlAn.jpg

Tremont made a somewhat cryptic tweet that seems to imply that he's retiring at the end of the year. Gage vs. Tremont in the Cage Of Death would be a great retirement match for him.

So Nick Gage is getting out again?

According to the New Jersey DOC website he's eligible for parole on September 3. Personally I'm really excited for his return. His run last Spring/Summer was fantastic. Guys like Gage are a dying breed on the indies. He's one of the few guys who can threaten to murder someone in a promo and actually be believable, haha. Hoping he gets/keeps his personal life straight as well. Looking at the NJ DOC site, it sounds like he was caught again for robbery and/or a drug test failure.

The whole Nick Gage saga is a big part of what rekindled my interest in CZW. I think he's this generation's New Jack. He's one of the few guys on the indies today that really seems larger than life. Like you said, his last run was awesome.

Nick Gage is the *censored*ing man but he should probably get his shit together first before he returns to the ring. I liked his previous return but dude went away in a snap.

I have a feeling we're never going to see him get his shit together. But on the bright side, him being a real life thug only adds to his legend. Part of what makes him one of the most interesting acts in wrestling is the fact that it isn't totally an act.

Nick Gage is the *censored*ing man but he should probably get his shit together first before he returns to the ring. I liked his previous return but dude went away in a snap.

I have a feeling we're never going to see him get his shit together. But on the bright side, him being a real life thug only adds to his legend. Part of what makes him one of the most interesting acts in wrestling is the fact that it isn't totally an act.

As unfortunate as it is, you're probably right. I feel like he may have a chance if he stepped away from wrestling, but it's all he really has. An unfortunate side effect of the corrections system. It really sucks because he was clean and sounded so excited/positive in the interviews he did when he got out last year.

I'm sure you guys have heard by now, but if not, Necro Butcher had his retirement match on June 11.

I'm going to really miss him popping up at random indie shows. He's an anti-carny. Probably one of the nicest, most humble wrestlers ever.

• 1 year later...

According to PWinsider.com, Dave Marquez, longtime promoter of Championship Wrestling from Hollywood has bought into Combat Zone Wrestling and is now part-owner of the company. The news was announced to the locker room over the weekend. CZW opened in 1999 and was founded by John Zandig, who sold the company to DJ Hyde in 2009.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/various-news-czw-gets-new-part-owner-samoa-joe-visits-jim-henson-soundstage/

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived