Overwatch!

Lunchbox

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCree's the OP one, tbh.

Fan The Hammer does 420 damage and plus if he gets Flashbang, that's pretty much a dead tank. He should not be able to do that, Reaper is the character that's supposed to be a tank killer along with Zenyatta.

Although, he is getting nerfed, so FTH won't do as much damage anymore hopefully.

With practice I don't think anybody is really that OP. It's easy to counteract every hero, the only real issue comes if you are attacking against let's say two bastions, two torbjorns, mercy and Widowmaker or we. If your team doesn't communicate and switch accordingly you may as well not bother.

McCree and Windowmaker nerfs were released in this patch.

Very justified and a good balance. To sum it up:

McCree

-Decreased damage (from 70 to 45)

-Decreased reload speed (from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds)

Widowmaker

-Decreased damage (from 15 to 12 based damage)

-Increased ult charge time by 10%

-Scope shot multiplier unchanged

-Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2.0x to 2.5x

-You have to wait for the gun to completely unscope before scoping again

This is a good balance patch. Now, McCree can't destroy tanks and Widowmaker can't kill a Tracer or Zenyatta with a body shot. Good balance.

Played this game for a few hours and refunded it. I just don't get the hype (well other than it being Blizzard so auto hype). It's a pretty average shooter with cool graphics, TF2 gameplay, and an unbalanced cast. I just really don't think it would be anywhere near as big if it was the exact same game except anyone but blizzard released it.

Lucio is the GOAT support.

Had an epic game yesterday of Control yesterday where they spanked us for a start and got to 99% pretty quickly while we were only on like... 30% or maybe even less. Then I just thought *Censored* it and just ran in as Lucio and somehow managed to stay alive long enough to keep the point from reaching 100% (despite them having Mei and Reaper on the point with Widowmaker sniping from a roof nearby) and for my team to realise we could just overpower them on the point if we just piled in. So they all arrived and we managed to hold the point until we reached 100% and won the game 100-99%. Not gonna lie... my ult definitely kept us in the game.

Lucio (the best character in the game) is literally a walking aoe heal without having to do anything but be there. Mercy can potentially resurrect her whole team with ult. Reinhardt is an actual necessity in every payload game because his shield is so busted. McCree is McCree and as long as his roll auto reloads he will be busted. Pharah after the widow nerf to s *censored*ing insane. Roadhog can pull anyone out of their ult other than Zenyatta and one shots half the cast. The list goes on. You could make the argument that since everyone is bloated its balanced as is the Blizzard way I guess.

Well Lucio imo is very effective on a couple of maps but is useless compared to Mercy on most unless you are shit hot at using him. His damage output is pretty bad as well so he's often not much of a threat. I think supports in general are buffed a bit to encourage people to actually play with them. It's naturally the role people are least attracted to playing in games like this.

Reinhardt on the payload again is easily countered with Mei. And most people still don't really know how to use his shield as cover well enough to consider him op or whatever. Often when I use him I find I get no support and die more than when I use anybody else. A lot of these maps have multiple Bastion and Torbs set up and they take out the shield in no time.

Roadhog is slow as *Censored* and he's another that it's quite easy to take down at range or dart around with Mei or Tracer.

He's definitely beatable but Roadhog does have a whole lot going for him (probably the most on paper out of everyone in fact). Ridiculous tank health, badass hook, self healing every what... 5 or 6 seconds, shotgun that deals a shitload of damage and then his ult to top it all off which is useful in just about any situation. Only thing he lacks is the ability to get out of a tough spot (Reaper gets in your face... at this point you know you've *censored*ed up) but hey, you can't have everything. Just imagine if he had a Reinhardt charge type move as well or his hook worked in a similar way to Widow's :lol:

Don't see too many good Roadhog players though.

Honestly the best characters right now as far as what I've seen in competitive play and my opinion:

Lucio

Winston

Widowmaker

Genji

Mei

My top 5 favourites in no particular order would be Lucio, Mei, Junkrat, Symmetra and D-Va.

Roadhog has a lot going for him but he's so slow and sluggish that he can be countered by a lot of heroes at range.

Not really. He can't really be melted very quickly at range and he has enough health to survive it and heal back up with his honestly op heal. And if you are close enough to melt him he can just hook and shit on you. I main Roadhog and I wouldn't mind him getting nerfed. He does too much.

Bastion, Mei, D'va, Zenyatta (definitely this guy), Soldier, Reaper, Widow, Zarya, Pharah (keep your distance and he has basically no way to deal with you) and Junkrat can smash him. Tracer as well as long as you don't get hooked and can catch him with your ult.

Mainly it comes down to just being smart against him (get him out in the open as much as possible) and also try baiting him into wasting his hook (Reaper and Tracer are perfect for this).

If you played the game for more than a couple of hours before returning it I doubt you'd have as many reservations with him.

What I've been playing it all week lol. I refunded it on PC but my friends got me to get it on Xbox

If you played the game for more than a couple of hours before returning it I doubt you'd have as many reservations with him.

What I've been playing it all week lol. I refunded it on PC but my friends got me to get it on Xbox
You understand the hype now then yeah? ;)

Really been feeling Tracer these last few days. Amazing how people panic whenever they are up against her. I feel like I've now got a good grasp of pretty much every character except for Mercy and Zarya, which is cool cos I regularly play with two people who are awesome with both.

Archived