ROH owner in negotiations with TNA?

MikeM

You know... EC3 in ROH would NOT be a bad idea.

But it would certainly be Trouble Trouble Trouble Trouble Trouble Trouble

You could even say, the world needs this.

One of the rumors that have been floating around in recent weeks about TNA is that Sinclair Broadcasting, the parent company of Ring of Honor, is interested in purchasing the company.

Prior to last week's Ring of Honor Global Wars PPV, I interviewed ROH COO Joe Koff about a number of topics, including the potential interest in TNA for the Elite section of PWInsider.com. When asked about the TNA rumors, Koff responded:

"I think it's natural when one company is in trouble and there are bigger companies available to look at them as a business. I will say this about our company Mike. We do so many corporate acquisitions over the course of the year in so many different spaces. We just bought a complete channel - The Tennis Channel. We're buying digital assets. We look at deals because we are a company that is looking for deals. One of the things I asked personally is, really, I don't want to have a direct involvement in that. If they feel, from a business standpoint, it's a worthwhile deal to look at, of course I'm going to get involved in it. I think the rumors are just escalating because it seems logical and I think there's a lot of people that want it to happen and a lot of people who are worried about it happening, but you know what, until it actually happens, it's nothing. We can talk about all the speculation and all the naysayers [from when Sinclair purchased ROH] and 'what do they know about wrestling?' and all that stuff, you know, you just have to go with the flow with all this and not second-guess and be that guy."

The complete interview with Joe Koff and other ROH personalities has been available all week in the Elite section of PWInsider.com.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=101968

Archived