Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bushy.

WWE Releases Discussion

Recommended Posts

The way Black talked about Vince,something tells me he'll be back one day and it wasn't Vince's idea for the release,even Strowman release was a surprise to me since Vince loved strowman.... I believe N Khan is behind this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HeLLBlaZer#14 said:

The way Black talked about Vince,something tells me he'll be back one day and it wasn't Vince's idea for the release,even Strowman release was a surprise to me since Vince loved strowman.... I believe N Khan is behind this...

 

Man...no one is getting released from WWE without Vince's approval. What are you on about? Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that’s my biggest thing at least with Aleister. if he says everybody important loved him and everything about him then why the *Censored* did he get fired? budget cuts is bullshit but if that’s the real reason then they have a shitload of people that could’ve been let go. why get rid of the potential cash cow? Aleister shoulda been *censored*ing huge in this company

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Generations said:

 

Man...no one is getting released from WWE without Vince's approval. What are you on about? Lol.

Nick Khan has been promoted to board of directors, Go and look what Black said about vince,it doesnt make sense at all even when you think sabout it,he literally just started a new feud after those vcignettes,they worked for a new theme song for him,new merch which went for sale after he was fired etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Generations said:

 

It's your prerogative to skip whichever smaller shows you want. But, you effectively relinquish the right to say that people "aren't being used" by doing so.

Also, there is plenty of noteworthy story progression and character building on shows like Dark and Elevation. So, again...that' simply not based on facts. 

 

And I don't consider myself an AEW "superfan" in the least bit. I usually watch shows like Dark and Elevation out of boredom, and I don't even watch them every week. Still, they are both perfectly decent showcases of AEW talents (signed and unsigned). Point is, you can't say that people aren't being used if you directly choose to skip the shows where they are literally being used. That isn't an AEW problem. That's a choice. Of course they can't use everyone on Dynamite. They have that single two hour slot to book their biggest stars. Soon they will have a second show on television, and if they still aren't using some of those other people, then (and only then), you might have a point. But until that happens, it's only logical that the smaller shows will feature a certain level of talents and those talents will rarely make it to the bigger show. That doesn't equate to "not being used" or being "hoarded" or "wasted". As we've already discussed...many of those talents on shows like Dark and Elevation aren't even officially signed. Everyone who AEW has acquired in legitimate signings is used regularly on Dynamite. Tell me specific names that aren't. 

my exact words: “enough guys either on the roster or affiliated with it that are not being used or are doing shit that doesn’t matter/hard to care about just like the shit on 205 or Main Event.”

what i didn’t say but what you are arguing against: “there are tons of people not being used”

i clearly said “aren’t being used” to cover bases because i can’t recite the status of the entire roster off the top of my head. 

my broader point stands. can you skip Dark and Elevation and still be perfectly capable of following the programs that lead to the PPV? the answer is yes because i do. their significance is equivalent to Saturday Night Velocity. cool to watch but not necessary to keep up and there’s a lot of dudes just wrassling on there which is fine but if that was enough i don’t think they would have picked up another TV show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah...and like I said before, give me ten names of people "on the roster or affiliated with it" who you think are "not being used" or "doing shit that doesn't matter". Lol. If the problem is as bad as you claim it is, then ten names should be easy. But, you keep not telling me who these people are. Hell...I'll take 5 names. The AEW roster is not that big. People rarely go a week or two without being used in some capacity. Go to AEW.com, check the roster page, and tell me who these people are. I'm genuinely interested in hearing what you think. Who are these people? Injured people obviously don't count. Neither do foreign wrestlers who are literally stuck in their respective countries.

Edited by Generations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Generations said:

Yeah...and like I said before, give me ten names of people "on the roster or affiliated with it" who you think are "not being used" or "doing shit that doesn't matter". Lol. If the problem is as bad as you claim it is, then ten names should be easy. But, you keep not telling me who these people are. Hell...I'll take 5 names. The AEW roster is not that big. People rarely go a week or two without being used in some capacity. Go to AEW.com, check the roster page, and tell me who these people are. I'm genuinely interested in hearing what you think. Who are these people? Injured people obviously don't count. Neither do foreign wrestlers who are literally stuck in their respective countries.

i don’t understand why you’re taking the least important part of my point to try and play gotcha. i can name people like Hybrid 2  or Big Swole or Janela and Sonny Kiss or Lee Johnson (yes i know he was in the battle royal) or Shawn Dean and you’ll point out the matches they had on Elevation/Dark but that wouldn’t do much to address my overall point which is that I want other companies to be elevated just as much so that rosters can be more concise and focused instead of throwing people on these bullshitting ass shows just so they have something to do. if they had that second, dare i say, brand up and running already then i wouldn’t be saying anything. if they can afford it i want them to have their own Smackdown and NXT. RAW’s assness aside, there’s a reason why the brand split is appreciated, it’s three entirely different rosters showcasing different stars in a meaningful way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, glennsoe said:

 Credit:pwinsider

 

 

Wonder who this can be. Who was released 90 days ago?

Kinda forgot cause Deonna getting his foot in the door was a given lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Who? Was he in development at the PC or something?

Steve Cutler of the Forgotten Sons. They got called up to SD for a bit before Ryker *censored*ed em. Then Vince released him for getting covid at a new year's party after promising Roman there would be no more outbreaks apparently lol

Edited by Fight Me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HeLLBlaZer#14 said:

The way Black talked about Vince,something tells me he'll be back one day and it wasn't Vince's idea for the release,even Strowman release was a surprise to me since Vince loved strowman.... I believe N Khan is behind this...

You know, on reddit, there's a meme about people saying "knowing vince..". Well, that meme swings in both directions and boy is it swinging in the other direction here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I kinda want Black/Vega in MLW. Just a random feeling that they would fit well with the Azteca Underground stuff. I'm sure it's the last place they'd ever pop up. But, yeah...that's where I think they'd fit best and do their best work. Something about the promo structure that MLW is known for as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Booker T the wrestler and the contributions he made to the business, but god damn I hate every time he gives his opinion on something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy End should go the "Drew route" for 2 years where he wrestles everywhere and for every one and gets even better than now..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there will be more releases like the Fiend, now that Ruby is gone, Liv is next, Asuka possibly, I mean the only one who is truly safe is Reigns. But yeah, the wwe went full ret with all of these releases, as AWE and Impact and NWA and the others will pick them up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liv being the last one of that group doesn't surprise me. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see her stay either. She has certain assets that WWE management likes to keep around. From a talent perspective, there's certainly no reason why the rest of Riot Squad should be gone while Liv remains. I'm not saying she's less of a talent than they are...but, she's not "more" of one either. There just seem to be blatant "aesthetic" reasons for her to be kept. We all know how sleazy WWE is backstage. I'm also not implying anything about Liv or her professionalism. I'm literally just saying...WWE management are sleazy. They keep around people who they like for one reason or another. 

Edited by Generations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Generations said:

Liv being the last one of that group doesn't surprise me. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see her stay either. She has certain assets that WWE management likes to keep around. From a talent perspective, there's certainly no reason why the rest of Riot Squad should be gone while Liv remains. I'm not saying she's less of a talent than they are...but, she's not "more" of one either. There just seem to be blatant "aesthetic" reasons for her to be kept. We all know how sleazy WWE is backstage. I'm also not implying anything about Liv or her professionalism. I'm literally just saying...WWE management are sleazy. They keep around people who they like for one reason or another. 

So basically every job ever

 

I think another reason to get rid of Ruby was a simple they have Ripley and Ripley is pretty much better and has an unique look that's better than riot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Ruby and Rhea were very different. Similar, but different enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...