Bushy.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Credit:pwinsider

Impact Wrestling sources have indicated that a former WWE talent will make his debut tonight in a vignette.  We are told it's a talent who "never really got a fair chance" during his time in WWE.

Wonder who this can be. Who was released 90 days ago?

Guest Fight Me.
1 minute ago, glennsoe said:

Wonder who this can be. Who was released 90 days ago?

Could also be an NXT talent since their non-compete clauses are way shorter. Only 30 days.

1 hour ago, Generations said:

I honestly don't know why people still think this way.

It's not a bummer. Neither of them were ever used very well. Aleister was NXT champion...but they missed the mark on most aspects of his character. Ruby was always used like shit. Why is it a bummer for them to be leaving a place that was essentially wasting their time? Both are more valuable outside of the WWE. Both will have no problem winning countless championships and telling better stories elsewhere. On what level is that a bummer? The only bummer is the 90 day clause.

It's a bummer they lost their job, man. lol It's a bummer that the biggest wrestling promotion in the US with the most eyes and cash-flow didn't see the same value in the them as I did. It's a bummer this promotion has two less talented people on their roster that could put on matches that I could potentially enjoy (especially in Ruby's case -- the women's division is much worse now without her in the ring ). And if you're talking about creative? Man, it's shit everywhere. Out of the promotions I watch (WWE and AEW), they both have their positives and negatives (mostly negatives in the last year). I see no difference. They both suck in their own ways but they're good in their own ways, too. So other words, both promotions have an equal chance at doing shitty creative/booking with them in my eyes.

46 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

I'm convinced Austin is just working some gimmick or something 

What he's saying is true. Only the most hardcore fans of AEW watch the YT shows. They're C /D shows. Little significance happens on them. The shows only exist to beef up AEW's content and to give the less experienced wrestlers more experience (which is a good thing, so props to them).

6 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

What he's saying is true. Only the most hardcore fans of AEW watch the YT shows. They're C /D shows. Little significance happens on them. The shows only exist to beef up AEW's content and to give the less experienced wrestlers more experience (which is a good thing, so props to them).

Yeah I know Dark and Elevation are their 205 and Main Event while the new show will be their Smackdown or more like their WCW Thunder, so that's fair but I meant other things he says and just in gener

20 hours ago, EJ! said:

this is how i feel

Most people don’t want to watch ROH or TNA though lmao. It’s already hard keeping up with the mainstream stuff we got now. Now we have to go out of our to keep up weekly with 2-3 more promotions to see a few midcard guys we love get exposure ? There’s a reason why “go to WWE !!!” Or “go to AEW !!!” is always gonna be dominant. Two main promotions with easy, accessible viewing on cable/media presence. 

Guest Fight Me.

I know this is besides the point though but Impact is actually the easiest to find tho...it's free on Twitch lmao

Edited by Fight Me.

I’m not using twitch out of all the things to watch wrestling for an hour to two hours or however the hell long it runs. I actually follow them on twitch too. It’s a great mobile app, but terrible on my Apple TV. Sp yeah I’m not watching a show using my phone fit that long for people I don’t care about. 

At least with Dark, YouTube has a great TV app and is easy to use. 

Guest Fight Me.

Not sure if people have brought up these comments yet but it feels like Twitter has been talking about it all day lol

pud4jJR.jpgI love and respect Booker but he really be having the worst takes sometimes lmao

2 hours ago, Generations said:

This is objectively not true. I mean...just because you choose to not watch Dark or Elevation (which must be the case for you to say that these people aren't being used)...I mean, that doesn't make it true. There are not "tons of guys" not being used on the AEW roster. If you think there truly are...then tell me who these people are. It should be easy enough for you to list at least 10 people. I guarantee you can't do that. Anyone who is not injured is being used in some capacity. There are three AEW shows every week, and no one is conspicuously missing from that lineup. If anything, people are being used TOO MUCH and the matches are having a tendency to become repetative. The AEW roster could really use all the help it can get. It's certainly not bloated. 

you kinda misquoted me to make a semantic point.  hell no i don’t watch Dark or Elevation for the same reason i don’t watch Main Event or 205 for the same reason i wouldn’t watch a mid season Lakers vs Thunder game. i know i’m not missing anything. everything that matters happens on the main shows. you can use everybody in a match but that’s not what i mean. Ricochet vs Mustafa was hyped on *censored*ing Twitter and it was a match on Main Event. those are two of my favorite wrestlers but *Censored* no i didn’t go outta my way to watch that shit because i know it didn’t matter and WWE didn’t even pretend it did beyond retweeting their promos. 

people rightfully complain about so and so being underutilized in WWE and that applies in AEW too. Miro is champ now but he was floundering for a good bit before that. i want more focused rosters across the board. hopefully with AEW’s upcoming shows they have more room to showcase people in a more meaningful manner, but if not, then yeah i wish for other companies to get major TV deals and whatnot so that they can showcase these guys the way the their talent warrants for them to be.

2 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Well then you should work on that issue

thanks man i won’t 

30 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

Most people don’t want to watch ROH or TNA though lmao. It’s already hard keeping up with the mainstream stuff we got now. Now we have to go out of our to keep up weekly with 2-3 more promotions to see a few midcard guys we love get exposure ? There’s a reason why “go to WWE !!!” Or “go to AEW !!!” is always gonna be dominant. Two main promotions with easy, accessible viewing on cable/media presence. 

this reads like you are cool with wrestling being centralized. wouldn’t you want ROH and TNA and MLW to have those type of looks too? we can’t applaud AEW for being an alternative and then say “that’s enough alternatives” nah i want more. you calling em a few midcard guys only furthers my point because there are a lot of midcard guys who could be main eventers if they were elsewhere. this thread is even about talent WWE just wasted lmao you don’t think Aleister Black could be more than a midcard guy? of course he could but having only two major companies to choose from doesn’t guarantee him much room to be a main eventer like he should be.

7 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Not sure if people have brought up these comments yet but it feels like Twitter has been talking about it all day lol

pud4jJR.jpgI love and respect Booker but he really be having the worst takes sometimes lmao

yeah Booker is a goof at least 50% of the time

51 minutes ago, EJ! said:

you kinda misquoted me to make a semantic point.  hell no i don’t watch Dark or Elevation for the same reason i don’t watch Main Event or 205 for the same reason i wouldn’t watch a mid season Lakers vs Thunder game. i know i’m not missing anything. everything that matters happens on the main shows. 

It's your prerogative to skip whichever smaller shows you want. But, you effectively relinquish the right to say that people "aren't being used" by doing so.

Also, there is plenty of noteworthy story progression and character building on shows like Dark and Elevation. So, again...that' simply not based on facts. 

And I don't consider myself an AEW "superfan" in the least bit. I usually watch shows like Dark and Elevation out of boredom, and I don't even watch them every week. Still, they are both perfectly decent showcases of AEW talents (signed and unsigned). Point is, you can't say that people aren't being used if you directly choose to skip the shows where they are literally being used. That isn't an AEW problem. That's a choice. Of course they can't use everyone on Dynamite. They have that single two hour slot to book their biggest stars. Soon they will have a second show on television, and if they still aren't using some of those other people, then (and only then), you might have a point. But until that happens, it's only logical that the smaller shows will feature a certain level of talents and those talents will rarely make it to the bigger show. That doesn't equate to "not being used" or being "hoarded" or "wasted". As we've already discussed...many of those talents on shows like Dark and Elevation aren't even officially signed. Everyone who AEW has acquired in legitimate signings is used regularly on Dynamite. Tell me specific names that aren't. 

Edited by Generations

1 hour ago, Fight Me. said:

That is exactly the opposite of what Aleister Black is, lol.