WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

When he and Burch challengend the Undisputed Era for the tag titles, he didn't have the crowd behind him at first, but by the end of it both, Burch & Lorcan got a standing ovation. Same thing during their feud in NXT. And even on 205 Live. So clearly he has the ability to get over. It's the platform that is lacking, because the WWE doesn't rotate their roster at all.

Like...Look at the position some excellent people are in now and where they once were or where they could be. Before this tag-team run WWE effectively killed Asuka's star factor. Same with Becky Lynch a few years ago. Or look at the Revival.

Not saying that Oney would be a main eventer if given the chance, but 205 Live, as good as the show can be, is a dead spot in the company. I mean...PAC & KENTA were stuck there aswell and look at their performance and star factor as soon as they appeared on a bigger show.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But Oney also doesn't really have that star factor to be much higher up the card than he is. An occasional tag challenger and a CW reign, plus some fun competitive matches with big names, is probably his ceiling in the company. That's not even a bad ceiling to have, but if he believes he can do better, then it must be frustrating.

I agree. As much as I loved him, I didnt have hope for even a mid card title run for him tbh

When he and Burch challengend the Undisputed Era for the tag titles, he didn't have the crowd behind him at first, but by the end of it both, Burch & Lorcan got a standing ovation. Same thing during their feud in NXT. And even on 205 Live. So clearly he has the ability to get over. It's the platform that is lacking, because the WWE doesn't rotate their roster at all.

Like...Look at the position some excellent people are in now and where they once were or where they could be. Before this tag-team run WWE effectively killed Asuka's star factor. Same with Becky Lynch a few years ago. Or look at the Revival.

Not saying that Oney would be a main eventer if given the chance, but 205 Live, as good as the show can be, is a dead spot in the company. I mean...PAC & KENTA were stuck there aswell and look at their performance and star factor as soon as they appeared on a bigger show.

It's not that Lorcan can't get over. He can. And he always gave 110% in the ring. But he doesn't have that aura and presence needed to be a really big star. I like him a lot, but I could never see him being booked as a high card guy. Like, a guy who could give anyone a hell of a fight, but not someone who could continuously win out over guys like Cole or Ciampa.

But Oney also doesn't really have that star factor to be much higher up the card than he is. An occasional tag challenger and a CW reign, plus some fun competitive matches with big names, is probably his ceiling in the company. That's not even a bad ceiling to have, but if he believes he can do better, then it must be frustrating.

I agree. As much as I loved him, I didnt have hope for even a mid card title run for him tbh

Right. Like, at most I could've seen him getting that "You worked for us for so long, and were cool with taking a ton of L's, you deserve this" two week long North American title reign one day, before dropping it to the next big-bad.

Oney is a trainer down in the pc additionaly to be a in ring talent, he also gave classes for wwnlive too.

He is a great worker that got himself over alone through his grinning and in ring style which is not much different then what daniel bryan did to get himself over when vince and others didn't believe he could be a big star since he was so small compared to the big guys vince loves to have main eventing the whole time.

So it wouldn't be farfetched to have oney go the same or a similar route because he already showed that he can get himself over alone and with danny together.

Look how lost in the Shuffle chad cable was prior to his new gimmick and how fast this new gimmick got him over.

Sometimes it is not THAT difficult. What makes it difficult mainly is when you get held back the whole or most of the time

Bro tell me that's a glitch this year lmao

2k20 MyCareer spoiler

Nope. Samoa Joe returned in 2029 with a bionic arm in order to get revenge on Tre (the MyCareer CAW), for embarassing him in 2019, when Tre Scorpio Skyed him into a inpromptu Universal Title match, which Tre won with ease.

A story 10 years in the making

I mean, it wouldn't be a bad thing if it were true. WWE is over saturated with talent. Like, go ahead and release EC3, he'd be happier going back to Impact I'm sure. If Gran Metalik's gonna be treading water, let him go. Hell, people like Kanellis and Harper publicly state they don't wanna be there, let em leave. It's just talent hoarding at this point.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1200514687453937664?s=19

WWE is reportedly considering a mass release of superstars for early 2020.

I doubt it now they're in full on "war" mode. They're desperately trying to hold onto anyone semi decent to keep them away from Cody's mob.

I doubt it now they're in full on "war" mode. They're desperately trying to hold onto anyone semi decent to keep them away from Cody's mob.

In reality thought, wouldn't you want a brand new company to take on a bunch of talent they don't have plans for? Pay big contracts to have guys sit around and do nothing. Like if they released like say a Ryder or Slater what could have possibly do to help AEW with a ratings bump?

In reality thought, wouldn't you want a brand new company to take on a bunch of talent they don't have plans for? Pay big contracts to have guys sit around and do nothing. Like if they released like say a Ryder or Slater what could have possibly do to help AEW with a ratings bump?

Stunning Steve Austin > Stone Cold

Oz > Diesel

Diamond Studd > Razor Ramon

Texas Red > Undertaker

Sexton Hardcastle > Edge

That's the reason you don't let talent go.

Stunning Steve Austin > Stone Cold

Oz > Diesel

Diamond Studd > Razor Ramon

Texas Red > Undertaker

Sexton Hardcastle > Edge

That's the reason you don't let talent go.

yes but wcw kept taking wwe talent look what happen there a difference between when they were no name to when they have a name

but im sure there smart enough not to pull a tna

The problem with WCW wasnt that they took WWE stars, the problem was that they kept those guys at the top for too long and didnt elevate anybody until it was too late. And TNA isnt a good example because they were still overusing guys that shouldnt have been at the top in WCW anymore, again its about keeping guys at the top instead of elevating. Now I have no problem with AEW taking underutilized WWE talent and trying to make them stars. Someone like Heath Slater or even the Revival should be given a chance to succeed on a higher level. I wish Shawn Spears caught on after the Cody feud but I think he is kinda bland. Give all underutilized talent a chance especially if they have new scenery and challengers