WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

Something that has been on my mind these past few days is wondering if WWE currently has a strong enough roster of big names despite all the releases including Edge? I know that they all were released due to the lack of impact the team felt like didn't make to the company but in the back of my mind I wonder if the current roster is still pretty strong? 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to be under the impression that if you are WWE Superstar who isn't getting much of a story push, why waste time being on the roster? Then I started thinking to myself and I realized that WWE programming is seen by millions and millions of viewers. If a superstar is still somewhat being seen on TV by being booked in matches and getting a little promo here and there, I think it might still be worth being in WWE.

Maybe the NXT Superstars are slowly building fan bases and will be able to sell merchandise. At the end of the day I'm wondering if you can still make an impact in your career without getting a push from the big wigs up top.

• 2 weeks later...

Hear me out...

Elias has a real opportunity to be better than ever now. He can literally do the wandering musician gimmick better than he ever could in WWE. He could show up at random indy shows, AEW, Japan, Mexico. He can walk in and out of backstage promos...interfere in matches...just appear in random places at random times.

One week, he's playing guitar in the background on Impact. The next week he shows up on AEW and hits someone with a guitar. Wrestles a match in GCW. Does commentary on Rampage. Is spotted walking around Japan with his guitar on his back, is seen sitting in the studio audience on NWA, etc. He could really go all out with the lone wanderer gimmick in ways that WWE never could have allowed him to.

Edited by Generations

• 1 month later...

Credit:pwinsider 

Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics.com reported this afternoon that there are firings ongoing at WWE HQ in Stamford, CT.

PWInsider.com can confirm we have independently heard the same, but we have not confirmed any specific firings as of this writing.

• 5 weeks later...

Credit:pwinsider 

Kevin Dunn, one of the most influential executives in WWE history, is leaving the company, PWInsider.com has exclusively learned.  

Dunn, who held the post of Executive Producer & Chief, Global Television Distribution, informed WWE around Christmas week he was exiting after more than three decades with the company.   We are told that a big factor in his decision to retire is changes made internally post-Endeavor acquisition and as one source stated, that Dunn was "never going to do anything that was dictacted" to him, as opposed to how he personally oversaw production in the past.  We are told this was not an issue of creative but two differing versions of how things should be run from a TV production perspective as WWE's new owner seeks to cut costs

Be interesting to see how the product fares with this news. Will it be as major as we think, or will it be business as usual? Did Punk influence his release in anyway? It sounds very much like the big television execs and the new ownership in general see Punk as a major person of interest to keep happy. - I could easily see them being like "Punk doesn't like Dunn. Get him out of here." - Also, wasn't Dunn briefly released when Vince first left, and then brought back when he forced his way back in? Am I imagining things?

• 4 weeks later...