WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

More from pwinsider about Toni

WWE Smackdown star Toni Storm was released today.  She was on the road for the company as recently as last night in Washington, DC, working Triple Threat matches with Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks.

Fightful.com initially reported the release.   PWInsider.com has independently confirmed Storm's departure. 

The story making the rounds is that Storm requested and received a release.    The word among talents is that Storm flew herself home this morning from Baltimore.  WWE's internal announcement did not state Storm was released due to budget cuts.

PWInsider.com is told last night's Triple Threat match went down as scheduled, so it does not appear this was not a case of something happening inside the ring that triggered the departure.  Storm had recently been programmed with Flair on TV but that program obviously, is done.

Storm, 26, debuted with the company as part of the Mae Young Classic in 2017 and was called up to the main roster this past July.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did always think Toni’s push was given to Rhea instead, not because she’s any better, but just because she’s a bigger gal and more “Triple H style” of a talent, with her leather and chains and metal music and what not. I watched Toni in Japan and around the globe so maybe I have a different take on how generational a talent she really is. You can build the entire division around someone like Toni, whereas Rhea is very boring to watch and deals with confidence issues that are very clearly visible to me. They messed up big time, but they’ll never know how bad because record profits are record profits.

Edited by A N T I -

I saw posted somewhere else yesterday that there are 11 women on Raw and 9 on Smackdown, so 20 in total, although that of course includes the current champions. They'll need to use some women from NXT, plus some returning "legends," but that's no different to any of the previous women's Rumbles, so they should be able to put together a field of 30.

Jeff Hardy was reportedly scheduled for a WWE NXT run before the company released him last month.

WWE reportedly had a lot of main roster plans in the works for Hardy through this month, but word now, via Fightful Select, is that he was also planned for a NXT run.

Original plans for MSK’s “The Shaman” character had Hardy in the role. RAW Tag Team Champion Riddle ended up being revealed as The Shaman, and he will team with MSK to take on Imperium’s WALTER and NXT Tag Team Champions Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner at tonight’s NXT New Year’s Evil special.

WWE revealed Riddle as The Shaman on the Wednesday, December 7 edition of NXT. Hardy was released from the company on Friday, December 9, following an incident at the WWE live event in Texas on Saturday, December 4. Hardy reportedly turned down an offer of rehab, and WWE then made the decision to release him, after pulling him from the road the previous weekend.

After pulling Hardy from the road, WWE reportedly scrambled to have Riddle film content with MSK to make the reveal work. It was noted that there were numerous segments left on the cutting room floor, featuring Hardy as The Shaman. Hardy was originally scheduled for tonight’s six-man match as well.

Hardy is reportedly under a 90-day non-compete clause, and will become a free agent from WWE when it expires on Wednesday, March 9. There is no word yet on what he has planned for his future, but we will keep you updated.

Stay tuned for more.

Credit: pwinsider

WWE is in the middle of releasing a number of Performance Center staffers.  The company issued the following statement to PWInsider.com:

“With the continued evolution of NXT 2.0, we’ve decided to part ways with some of the staff based in our Performance Center. We thank them for their many contributions throughout the years and wish them the best.

Smh absolutely no loyalty for Regal. But what else do you guys expect from this shitty company you all continue to support. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I find Road Dogg’s release intriguing especially after how much ass he kissed in his roll. He gonna go on to bash WWE now ? 😂

9 hours ago, Bushy. said:

Smh absolutely no loyalty for Regal. But what else do you guys expect from this shitty company you all continue to support. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I find Road Dogg’s release intriguing especially after how much ass he kissed in his roll. He gonna go on to bash WWE now ? 😂

Yeah, in spite of the shitty things WWE does I’ll still take it over AEW. Because the last week has shown me they ain’t that much better tbh. Especially with whose running it.