WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

1 hour ago, T-Hell said:

Weird they released Mercedes. Considering she is 40, she's at her prime according to Vince standards lol.

If she was a man she would be seen as being in her prime, women that age are seen as being over the hill, à la Mickie James.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Fight Me.

It's just weird cause they brought him in to do these dark matches and he looked better than Kross that one week they both worked on Main Event. Then when he dropped the NA title randomly, we were all sure he was heading to the main roster. So I'm not sure what went wrong other than Vince changing his mind about him. It could be something as petty as his accent or look I think. Maybe Vince thinks Keith Lee isn't working out so he's not bringing in other big guys at the moment. Who *censored*ing knows.

Edited by Fight Me.

When you take into account that Vince McMahon only cares about money and who’s gonna draw it for him, a lot of releases won’t disappoint or surprise you as much. Of all the latest releases, who among them was drawing money for the company? With such a bloated roster they were doing nothing with, it only makes sense for all these cuts to have happened and many more to come. I know nobody likes to hear that and it sucks for a bunch of good people to lose their jobs, but alot of them should feel lucky they were ever with WWE in the first place because they had absolutely nothing it took to be a big draw. They’re gonna be looking for people with “it-factor” going forward and I actually support that decisión from WWE.

Edited by A N T I -

Guest Fight Me.

Uhh...small rant. Ignore if you wish:

I'm sorry, I just really don't *Censored* with the "it's just business" crowd. WWE is the biggest *censored*ing wrestling company in the world letting people go in a pandemic in it's most money making year ever. And yes, a bunch of them will bounce back on their feet, but right now it *censored*ing sucks. It's not a business thing, it's a morale thing. And you are out of your mind if you think this locker room is happy these days. Every other wrestling company did what they had to do to keep everyone on board, paycuts and all. Yet WWE took this as an opportunity to cut everyone loose. And the folks happy with seeing people lose their jobs just because they haven't heard of them or any other petty reason are just as scummy.

And do you really think Nick Khan gives a shit about looking for people with "It Factor"? No, that mother*censored*er is just looking for any possible way to save money. He will cut anyone and everyone to prevent WWE from dipping in the red. He will do anything to make WWE look profitable for a future sale. I can understand its just business, but it doesn't change the fact that they're pieces of shit. And if you really *Censored* with WWE as a company right now, I don't know what that says about you.

Okay I feel better now.

Edited by Fight Me.

In case you guys don't know yet, Nick Khan is behind all these releases.

Of course Vince supports his decisions but that's the guy that  cuts talent after talent.

It is also rumoured that Vince doesn't want NXT to be the third brand Triple H made it to be and want's to reduce it back to their developmental territory.

I guess he doesn't like that NXT got the better programming under the lead of Triple H then Raw and SD under Vince together.

I wouldn’t be happy if I was in the WWE locker room when I know I’m not responsible for a single ass in the seats, knowing that’s all Vince McMahon cares about. I mean we grew up in the Attitude Era where even TAKA and Bradshaw as a tag team was a draw and everybody was over.

Unrelated to the firings but still on topic of how Vince McMahon thinks:

He loves money, simple as. So many of the people currently under contract don’t draw it for him. He has to depend on TV deals and Saudi deals and what not to make his money, because the talent themselves aren’t doing enough of it, outside of a  handful of people. The firings absolutely suck but they don’t surprise me. How some of those people got signed in the first place surprises me. Bray Wyatt surprised me, consider the cash cow all his incarnations have been. Dolph Ziggler won’t surprise me tbh. He hasn’t been a draw in years and has one of the biggest contracts.

Edited by A N T I -

this shit + the discourse surrounding it is gross and it’s making me exhausted with this company in a way that i don’t think i’ve ever been before. from Dax Harwood co-signing a tweet blaming HBK, to people saying Triple H deserves this for what he did in the 00s, to people saying it’s the talent’s fault for not being able to turn crumbs into *censored*ing creme brulee. 

NXT is undoubtedly THE most consistent programming under the WWE umbrella. is/was it perfect? no, but “solid” was its standard and it very rarely ever dipped below that. i don’t know what happens next, but the idea that Triple H wasn’t interested in development is asinine to me, and if these reports are true and they’re again shifting focus to raw, green talent then i have no doubt he can turn whoever into a star(s), but to gut the product he worked so hard on and punish the talent after consistently undermining the brand is wack and it must be very difficult for him to see a non-marital reason to stick around. what’s the point? if he develops Joe Schmoe III into a huge NXT star just for him to be called up and squandered on the main roster then what the *Censored* is the point in any of this? 

the fact that Vince and the gang know they’ll never see real consequences for the shit they pull honestly makes me sick and i feel bad for anybody having to swallow the pill it takes to tow the company line in an environment like that.

Guest Fight Me.

What should we call this? The Blackverse? Lol

We need a new Lucha Underground type of wrestling company that aren't as shady with their contracts.

On 8/7/2021 at 9:14 PM, A N T I - said:

When you take into account that Vince McMahon only cares about money and who’s gonna draw it for him, a lot of releases won’t disappoint or surprise you as much. Of all the latest releases, who among them was drawing money for the company? With such a bloated roster they were doing nothing with, it only makes sense for all these cuts to have happened and many more to come. I know nobody likes to hear that and it sucks for a bunch of good people to lose their jobs, but alot of them should feel lucky they were ever with WWE in the first place because they had absolutely nothing it took to be a big draw. They’re gonna be looking for people with “it-factor” going forward and I actually support that decisión from WWE.

That's literally most companies though, they care about profits and making sure their shareholders are making money. 

Anyway, how do you know they had nothing it took to be a big draw? Were they given a chance to do what they wanted? Were they restricted by WWE somehow? I mean, you could have said the same about Rocky Maivia, as he wasn't popular, was he? Then the decision makers gave Rock a free rein to do whatever he wanted (likely out of desperation due to WCW?), and Rocky became The Rock, and you know the rest.