WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

Wrestling wise, i found him okay.
The WWE wrestling style is very mechanical and i thought you can see that very much in Bray Wyatt.
He didnt had many bangers that relied on unique things and many of his moves needed a very noticeable build up, like the clothesline he did.

The problem is as @Counting Lightsmentioned, he lost constantly.
Which is one thing, but another when you have a character with promos like bray.
I mean later on he took on the nickname "eater of worlds" why? Why the hell does a guy like him who loses 90% of his feuds and matches call himself that?
He had all those big speeches, Magic etc and yet in the end he lost.
Then he moved to the next guy and did the same, then to the next over and over and over.

With that kind of booking, you doom a character like his.
More than any other character, he needed to win matches, send messages, he needed to be dangerous to others.
But he wasnt, most of his matches where he needed to back his words up...he lost.
You just lose support like this, you lose the fans interest.
They want to see a man who captures them with his promos talking about following him etc they want this man to win, to gain momentum.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I think there’s a lot romanticizing going on with Wyatt. People were totally getting sick of him prior to his repackaging as The Fiend. Lots of complaining about his redundant feuds, his rambling promos, and his wrestling talent (which this one he had the most control over). Yes, the booking can do a number on guys and Wyatt was a casualty of it to various degrees like many others, but you get him in the ring and he was not very good. Bland and cookie-cutter is how I would describe his work. He was the epitmoe of the WWE style like Elias or Corbin. His creativity never translated very well once he got inside the ring which quite honestly I think is a BIG problem if you’re a wrestler. lol

Even if all of this (subjectively) is true, what WWE fans actually wanted or called for his release ? 

and these bullshit statements about “he never had any support” make no sense anyways because he’s sold shitloads of merch from day one. Whether it was the eater of worlds or The Fiend. Those dumb masks, that ugly ass belt. People ate it up. But I guess we’re just gonna pretend like those people didn’t exist. 

2 hours ago, Bushy. said:

Even if all of this (subjectively) is true, what WWE fans actually wanted or called for his release ? 

and these bullshit statements about “he never had any support” make no sense anyways because he’s sold shitloads of merch from day one. Whether it was the eater of worlds or The Fiend. Those dumb masks, that ugly ass belt. People ate it up. But I guess we’re just gonna pretend like those people didn’t exist. 

I don't know? What does that have to do with my post? And I don't know if your second point is directed towards me because I never said he didn't have support.

Why does anyone give Austin attention anymore. Seriously. Contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Rousey's an idiot, WWE is cancer, Wyatt deserved better.

5 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Wrestling wise, i found him okay.
The WWE wrestling style is very mechanical and i thought you can see that very much in Bray Wyatt.
He didnt had many bangers that relied on unique things and many of his moves needed a very noticeable build up, like the clothesline he did.

The problem is as @Counting Lightsmentioned, he lost constantly.
Which is one thing, but another when you have a character with promos like bray.
I mean later on he took on the nickname "eater of worlds" why? Why the hell does a guy like him who loses 90% of his feuds and matches call himself that?
He had all those big speeches, Magic etc and yet in the end he lost.
Then he moved to the next guy and did the same, then to the next over and over and over.

With that kind of booking, you doom a character like his.
More than any other character, he needed to win matches, send messages, he needed to be dangerous to others.
But he wasnt, most of his matches where he needed to back his words up...he lost.
You just lose support like this, you lose the fans interest.
They want to see a man who captures them with his promos talking about following him etc they want this man to win, to gain momentum.

It's not just WWE the wrestlers themselves take their gimmicks too far for example Matt Hardy with the broken that was good for a couple months but then it just got stupid but Matt Hardy kept it going he kept it going through TNA WWE AEW

Guest Fight Me.

It sucks but I always felt like Fish was on borrowed time. He came in at 40 and unfortunately faced some injuries. Roddy being added to the group could've easily been his end if they wanted. I know there's a bunch of talent now pushing 40 or are in their early 40s, but he's pushing mid-40s and in NXT.

It sucks but I'm not too surprised. I too wanted reDRagon together forever. They could've been doing singles stuff and still been associated with each other if they wanted.

Credit;pwinsider

PWInsider.com is told this is the complete list of talents released and no other releases were given this evening.  

As Dave Scherer and I discussed on the We Don't Need No Name Show this week, there has been lots of talk internally of major changes for the NXT brand including a new logo, new lighting, a focus on younger talents and a different format to the TV shows.  This housecleaning tonight appears to be part of those changes.

2k might as well delay wwe2k22 now, some of those released was bound to be in the game for sure

Edited by glennsoe