WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

Credit:pwinsider

In regard to readers who are asking about rumors that WWE NXT Producer and Coach Sonjay Dutt has been released, that is not accurate, but he is indeed gone from WWE.

PWInsider.com is told that Dutt gave notice several weeks ago and departed the company.   He was not released.

There is no word what his next move may be

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Fight Me.

I'm annoyed they got these legends like Sonjay Dutt, Abyss and others as producers and have never used em even once. Imagine Abyss in the Rumble just for a few mins, would be fun.

Yeah i expect Lee or WWE Announcing that he left wwe every day.
Its just too strange how silent it is about him and the tiny teases he does, saying he will explain his situation when he finds the right words etc.

12 minutes ago, T-Hell said:

Same but with Bray Wyatt.

Unless he wants to go, i doubt the WWE is ready to give up on the Fiend.
They havent butchered that character enough yet.

I haven't been a Bray Wyatt fan in a while and definitely not Fiend but I am surprised he's MIA again and wouldn't really mind him back as long as his hocus pocus stuff in toned down a bit and his red lighting during matches is finally gone. 

Maybe he's being saved for Summerslam because it's one of the biggest ppvs and will be in front of a live crowd!?

Guest Fight Me.

I was listening to the IIconics on Renee's pod. They said they have been struggling with getting their visas for the past 4 years or so, which was slowed down by the pandemic obviously. Unless they get sponsored, I wouldn't expect to see them at Slammiversary or AEW anytime soon since they can't legally work anywhere. They don't expect the issue to be resolved for another 6 months to a year even. That sucks, but if a company really wants them, they'll get it done I think.

They named Tay Conti & Anna Jay as a dream match, but also mentioned they are interested in the Knockouts tag division. They could come in for the one match, but Impact has KOs tag titles at the end of the day. So I would expect to see them in Impact over AEW tbh. Then again, Peyton would wanna go to AEW for Shawn Spears...who knows.

Guest Fight Me.

Lana promised she was gonna "spill the tea" on WWE but I don't think she said anything crazy on Talk is Jericho lol Maybe the worse thing was how she was there at the PC for 19 hrs for a 60 sec promo. And this match she had with Nattie against Mickie and Chelsea debuting and they cut it.

At this point you can hardly "spill the tea" considering we know must stuff already or can see it a mile away.
I mean we knew they were punishing her when the photos got leaked because we noticed how she suddenly vanished.
We know about how those guys work on stuff a ton just for Vince to go in the last minute: Cut this.

This kind of stuff we know because dozens of others have painted a very good picture of the company, and the rest we can see in the product.

On 7/1/2021 at 4:41 PM, Fight Me. said:

They named Tay Conti & Anna Jay as a dream match, but also mentioned they are interested in the Knockouts tag division. They could come in for the one match, but Impact has KOs tag titles at the end of the day. So I would expect to see them in Impact over AEW tbh. Then again, Peyton would wanna go to AEW for Shawn Spears...who knows.

Impact and AEW are good with each other anyway. I don't see any reason why they couldn't do both simultaneously. 

I was on board with the idea of a promo that suggests his entire WWE run was in his head. But, Josiah Williams being a doctor really took me out of it. And straight-up killing people was pretty lame too. I also don't really care for the name "Malakai". Anyway...it was creative, which is always nice. Good to see people trying different things. Too many supernatural gimmicks in wrestling right now, though.

Pretty cool stuff, but the murdering is really a bit much.
In the end no matter how much you are comitted to the character, it ends always the same...in a wrestling ring in front of people fake fighting until you pin the opponent.

So you can never really fully embrace a character as fan, not even the Undertaker who tried his best in the ring to sell you the whole gimmick, could do that.

But i think its not impossible to do if you put the work in.
Lucha Underground had the right idea and i think storywise you could pull it off with characters like this.
Either way, i like that he tries something out of the ordinary.

But the IWC will find a way to shit on this as usual while gushing over Superhero nikki cross and being horny over Eva Marie etc.

Lucha Underground was a rare instance...because, the entire setting was indicative of telling the same story. If the whole product is presented as a cinematic realm, then you can do some blatantly fantastic things. But, in any standard promotion such as WWE, AEW, MLW, Impact, etc...there is still some line that isn't crossed. Look at Abadon in AEW. She presents herself as a zombie. She does the little entrance with the fake blood. Sometimes she bites people. But, at the end of the day, she isn't outright killing and eating anybody. There is a line that is drawn. For all intents and purposes, you accept that she is just a person playing a character. No one actually presents her as a literal zombie. They say that she's freaky...and they are generally frightened by her. But, no one is actively presenting her as an actual undead zombie. I feel like this "Malakai" promo crosses that unspoken line...because, now you have "killed" other people. You're presenting the character as something that has the ability to actually murder people. Not to mention, the credits for the promo take you right back out of anything that has been built up. I'm all for crediting people for the work that they do. But...I'm not sure that having those credits immediately after the video is the way to go. 

1 hour ago, Mani-Man said:

Pretty cool stuff, but the murdering is really a bit much.
In the end no matter how much you are comitted to the character, it ends always the same...in a wrestling ring in front of people fake fighting until you pin the opponent.

So you can never really fully embrace a character as fan, not even the Undertaker who tried his best in the ring to sell you the whole gimmick, could do that.

But i think its not impossible to do if you put the work in.
Lucha Underground had the right idea and i think storywise you could pull it off with characters like this.
Either way, i like that he tries something out of the ordinary.

But the IWC will find a way to shit on this as usual while gushing over Superhero nikki cross and being horny over Eva Marie etc.

think you got the wrong IWC there pal