WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

I want Joe in AEW. Idgaf maybe I'm just a fanboy but I feel like WWE had their chance and blew it. Joe in AEW is like an ideal candidate to eventually dethrone Hangman (assuming he beats Kenny). Heel Joe throwing shade on anxious millennial cowboy would be incredible, the perfect heel to get Hangman even more sympathy. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Credit:pwinsider - spoiler on a return

Former WWE NXT, Ring of Honor and TNA Champion Samoa Joe is back with World Wrestling Entertainment after being released this past April by the company.  Joe will be working exclusively for the WWE NXT brand.  

PWInsider.com is told that Triple H "snatched him back" as soon as possible.    One source told PWInsider.com that the second a decision by others to "let Joe back on the board", Triple H was not happy and wanted him back in NXT as opposed to being elsewhere outside of WWE's auspices.   Triple H was the point person responsible who initially brought Joe to WWE in 2015 for NXT and at one point, had even given him a pretty unique deal where he was able to continue working independent dates, although that later evolved into a more traditional deal.  

Joe has been seen at the WWE Performance Center at least once in recent weeks.   He was not backstage at last night's Takeover.

Joe last wrestled in February 2020 after being pulled from the ring due to concussion issues.   Joe was not taking bumps when recently seen at the PC.

The belief is that while he could wrestle at some point, that is not the goal here and Joe will instead focus more on non-wrestling duties.  With the tease that there needs to be a "change" declared by William Regal, it may be that Joe ends up in the General Manager role or in the role of that as an enforcer for Regal. 

So, stay tuned but if you were hoping to see Samoa Joe land elsewhere, that's not happening.

Edited by glennsoe

Guest Fight Me.

Report: Released Talent Ask WWE To Forgo Non-Compete Clauses

Released WWE talent are seemingly ready to get back to work. 

WWE has been making major budget cuts in recent months and the company has released 21 Superstars since April, including the likes of Braun Strowman, Aleister Black, Mickie James and NXT's Alexander Wolfe. 

Some released Superstars appear to be ready to move on, though. Multiple talents have asked WWE to forgo their non-compete clauses, according to Fightful Select. Requests have ranged from the entire non-compete to a few days before they are scheduled to end. 

WWE has reportedly been receptive to forgoing the clauses and the company is said to have been "more lenient than ever." General Manager, Talent John Laurinaitis was the man Superstars made the requests to. 

There is no word on who requested to forgo their non-compete clause, but some released talent could be popping up in other promotions soon.

Main roster Superstars traditionally have a 90-day non-compete clause when they are released, while NXT Superstars' clauses often only last 30 days.

https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-released-talent-ask-wwe-to-forgo-non-compete-clauses

the clause is complete bullshit when you are released out of nowhere, budget cuts or whatever kind of circuimstance you had no part with. 

I can understand if a wrestler quits or something like that. but to get fired like that and then have a rule you can't work? lmao. yeah, *Censored* off. that should be ilegal, end off. 

I feel like WWE is the minor leagues in reverse lol. They take talent and make them huge names in the wrestling world and then release them so other companies can swoop them up  with an already established name, all the while they get paid better than in other promotions lol.

Rusev, Lana, Enzo, Braun ect., these guys were pretty much unknown before WWE and then all got to the top at WWE at some point in some way before suddenly and abruptly being let go by the company. That's a sweet deal to be honest.

13 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

I feel like Ruby Lovelace would be a best of both worlds thing.

Of those two, I'd like the second twisted into Ruby Ramone(s?), nice punky tribute.

Yeah, and Reckless is probably a tribute to The Pretty Reckless.

Guest Fight Me.

She says she hates Lovelace cause she didn't come up with it and nobody ever pronounces it right.

Ramona is actually a reference to Scott Pilgrim she says. I missed these names but she's also thinking of Ruby Blue (Rancid reference) or Ruby Vandal.

21 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

I feel like WWE is the minor leagues in reverse lol. They take talent and make them huge names in the wrestling world and then release them so other companies can swoop them up  with an already established name, all the while they get paid better than in other promotions lol.

Rusev, Lana, Enzo, Braun ect., these guys were pretty much unknown before WWE and then all got to the top at WWE at some point in some way before suddenly and abruptly being let go by the company. That's a sweet deal to be honest.

I think it depends because with WWE, they at least were guaranteed paychecks. Though I suppose having been on WWE, they're more likely to get scooped up by AEW or TNA and continue that stability, but for smaller wrestlers/stars, it's probably harder. 

On 6/13/2021 at 1:08 AM, Counting Lights said:

I want Joe in AEW. Idgaf maybe I'm just a fanboy but I feel like WWE had their chance and blew it. Joe in AEW is like an ideal candidate to eventually dethrone Hangman (assuming he beats Kenny). Heel Joe throwing shade on anxious millennial cowboy would be incredible, the perfect heel to get Hangman even more sympathy. 

They didn't really Everytime they gave him a big push he got injured and it killed it

Unfortunately that's another song that I'm pretty sick of. Not as much as 'Where is my Mind'...but still pretty sick of it.

Now they just need an Irish guy that they can use 'Shipping up to Boston' for...and my brain will explode from the overplayed music choices.