WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

2 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

I think she's been signed by wwe close to a year. Been training and getting "better" I guess...

So she's not a recent signing taking a roster spot type of gal...;)

She’s a super role model. What’s the worst that can happen? 😉

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Fight Me.

I could never cheer against her tbh. She does work her ass off and spends like every week training with Nattie and TJ. I still remember that moment from her doc, she does eat a lot of unwarranted shit from fans. Dusty Rhodes thought she was creative as hell and maybe now we'll see.

Some highlights from Tommy End doing a 1 hour live stream on Twitch
>Isn't angry with his release, and is thankful for his 5 years in WWE
>Looking forward to what's next for him, and seeing what his next character will do with the shackles off
>Noted how Vince McMahon was constantly prasing him for his creative ideas for his character, and was always respectful. Says he and Vince had a good relationship 😎
>Felt they could never do the Aleister Black persona on Raw or Smackdown, as well as his time in NXT 😔
>Claimed Paul Heyman & Bruce Pritchard were always going to bat for him
>Was originally supposed to take a break for 2 months, but turned into 7 months after creative had nothing for him. Mentions the last few years felt like a slow painful death
>Was originally scheduled to win the United States Title last year, but Vince McMahon didn't want his first title win on main roster to be in front of no one so it was nixed 😢
>Is working on opening a wrestling school
>The Dark Father version of Aleister Black already had new gear, and theme music set. Claimed this theme was his favorite that he's ever had in his entire career, and now no one will hear it 😤
>Wanted to feud against Bray Wyatt, felt they could have a really interesting program
>Kept getting messages from WWE fans that genuinely thought he was part of the Illuminati 😆
>Praised his short time teaming up with Ricochet when they got the call up. Praised Roman Reigns as a lockeroom leader
>Wants to face Andrade El Idolo again as soon as possible
>Is happy to see Apollo Crews getting a push and momentum
>Best moment in his WWE run was meeting his wife Zelina 💘

1 hour ago, Generations said:

Otunga hasn't been used in a wrestling capacity in years, and rarely even shows up on pre-shows and stuff. He's honestly not bad at the latter. But... there's a good chance, IMO, that he's employed just because he's a lawyer. Probably some shady underhanded dealings going on with him and WWE legal. People always like to keep a problem solver around. 

completely forgot he was still with the company tbh

I don't know about vince or wwe's financials but I just can't see vince ever selling the company to anyone, no matter what! I still don't even believe that the wwf was ever actually close to bankruptcy and closing down during the monday night wars. I'll be absolutely shocked and surprised if it ever happens. I don't even think vince will hand over the company to stephanie and trips until he dies and it's part of his will

2 hours ago, Generations said:

I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if the 'Vince selling WWE' scenario is true. But...who would he sell to? Disney? Lol.

For real, though...if you were going to sell, you probably would start cutting talents left and right. 

Fully selling to NBC? 

9 minutes ago, Austin3035 said:

They just re signed Braun for 4 years to I wondered if the pandemic hit them a lot harder then they let on

WWE is doing fine. Like I said before...they are doing record numbers. They did best in 2018/2019 (when they signed the Saudi deal)...but their 2021 numbers are still very high compared to their all-time worth.

It's not like they're at a record low (or anything even remotely close). 

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/WWE/world-wrestling-entertainment/net-worth

And that is only for stocks. It doesn't account for selling the network to Peacock, merch sales, or any of the other bullshit. 

Edited by Generations

AEW isn't hoarding any talents. Like...who is this person even talking about? Who would you classify as "hoarding"? Guys like Christian and Sting don't have any sort of "better" career to be had anywhere else. It's not like AEW snatched them up to keep them from doing stuff elsewhere. I don't really know what people are thinking when they say stuff like that. AEW has three weekly shows (soon to be four), and they aren't unnecessarily signing anyone. WWE hoards talents. So...anyone who can leave WWE and go anywhere else is a godsend (and AEW is definitely the closest product out there to WWE's caliber). RoH and Impact don't just lack "marketing"...they simply aren't that enjoyable to watch, IMO. So...why are we wishing that RoH and Impact were better at getting these talents?

Besides, Impact took a shitload of the last batch of releases. For real...what is this person even talking about? Impact took way more WWE people in recent memory than AEW has. We don't know where any of that last batch with people like Samoa Joe and Iiconics is going to land...but the big wave of releases before that went almost exclusively to Impact...smh. Also, she says it like it's not the talent's choice. AEW isn't pulling up in a van and pulling a hood over anyone's head. People would rather work for AEW because it means way more than RoH or Impact. People just be sounding ridiculous saying shit like that. 

Edited by Generations

4 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

If all of these recent cuts are because of budget, how/why is Vince getting Cardi B to host Summerslam? Probably a million right there 

Same way he got Tyson to make appearances, by betting on them. Hell, she may be why they're doing budget cuts. This is nothing new though, as others have mentioned, WWE has often invested in pop culture icons to get more eyes, and it has worked many times. 

I think there's there's another reason why some of these have been released that we just haven't heard yet there's always two sides of the story Vince doesn't just wake up in the morning and just tell people who's going to get released just to release them there's always a reason

Or maybe this was a tactical decision for WWE sick of all the guys who left the company and did Keith they got more experience they got better in the rain guys like Drew McIntyre and Bobby lashley maybe WWE doing this with idea to bring them back after the game or experience