• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Generations said:

Who said she was?

I simply said she doesn't need to be involved with his AEW character. 

She's a cringy wrestler/actress/performer to begin with. Miro doesn't need her trying to be his manager or something. He's finally over as a legit monster. 

That’s my bad for assuming what you were trying to say. I just think she could in fact go to AEW and it work but he is finally on his groove with his character so I can see how the mere thought of that could ruin things. I really think Lana and Miro in AEW would be a nice little payoff for me personally with all the shit they did with Lana and Nia and that announce table. I just felt that was malicious so I feel AEW would properly present them together. Maybe later down the line?

^ I think AEW has some decent women. It's just one of those things. They have that partnership with the Japanese girls, which was working out great when it worked. But Covid has kinda put the brakes on that entire thing. I think they're in a weird "wait and see" period. And in the meantime, I think they have plenty of good women on the roster. Kris Statlander just came back. Penelope is better than she gets credit for. Leyla Hirsch just signed. Red Velvet and Tay Conti are both kinda middle of the road talents that do well enough. Kilynn King is doing exceptional to make a name for herself. Then you have Britt and Shida as your two top stars...and the fairly regular presence of Thunder Rosa and Serena Deeb from NWA. They definitely need more women...but, it's not a completely barren landscape. 

I suspect that they are going to grab up Peyton and Billie when that clause is up. Peyton will probably want to work with Spears...and they already said on social media that they are a package deal. So, I'm betting on seeing them together in AEW. Honestly, I could see Ruby in Impact. But, I do think AEW is a better fit for her. Even though Impact has a conventionally "stronger" women's division....there's just still something about Impact for me that fails to produce "stars". Someone can be on Impact for 5, 10 years and I still don't consider them a "top name" in the industry for whatever reason. I'm not sure what it is...but it's just something that has always been that way for me. 

Edited by Generations

30 minutes ago, Generations said:

^ I think AEW has some decent women. It's just one of those things. They have that partnership with the Japanese girls, which was working out great when it worked. But Covid has kinda put the brakes on that entire thing. I think they're in a weird "wait and see" period. And in the meantime, I think they have plenty of good women on the roster. Kris Statlander just came back. Penelope is better than she gets credit for. Leyla Hirsch just signed. Red Velvet and Tay Conti are both kinda middle of the road talents that do well enough. Kilynn King is doing exceptional to make a name for herself. Then you have Britt and Shida as your two top stars...and the fairly regular presence of Thunder Rosa and Serena Deeb from NWA. They definitely need more women...but, it's not a completely barren landscape. 

I suspect that they are going to grab up Peyton and Billie when that clause is up. Peyton will probably want to work with Spears...and they already said on social media that they are a package deal. So, I'm betting on seeing them together in AEW. Honestly, I could see Ruby in Impact. But, I do think AEW is a better fit for her. Even though Impact has a conventionally "stronger" women's division....there's just still something about Impact for me that fails to produce "stars". Someone can be on Impact for 5, 10 years and I still don't consider them a "top name" in the industry for whatever reason. I'm not sure what it is...but it's just something that has always been that way for me. 

Because Impact itself isn't really all that prestigious of a promotion. It's had its ups and downs, but it has always kinda felt like a glorified indie to many people. The only people who I think of as "Big TNA/Impact" stars (not counting people who came in from WWE) are like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe. 

Even looking at their current roster, the most easily recognizable guys on the roster to the casual viewer are gonna be WWE alumni like Cardona, Morrisey, Rhyno and Heath. Their actual top guys like Moose are still probably greeted with a "...who?" from a lot of fans. I mean, isn't that the whole reason they have Kenny as champion right now? To try and use his star power to get their company more over?

I really can’t understand why I or anyone else continues to watch this companie. Why do we just sweep every bad thing they’ve done under the rug after a few days ? Because they were successful 25 years ago ? 

Just now, Bushy. said:

I really can’t understand why I or anyone else continues to watch this companie. Why do we just sweep every bad thing they’ve done under the rug after a few days ? Because they were successful 25 years ago ? 

I record Raw, NXT and SD on Sky+ and have it on in the background the next day...only stop to watch if something get's my attention.

I’m honestly floored on Braun. Stop and start pushes or whatever that bullshit means aside, he still had a lot of value imo left. So many different avenues you could take him. Even sending him to NXT to freshen up his main roster return later. Hell even NXT UK. If you have nothing for these people it doesn’t have to be such a knee jerk let’s just release them type of thing. Vince must really not give a damn about AEW. Because I don’t know if any of these people will end up on AEW but it’s highly likely just because. I wouldn’t want anyone with even the slightest percentage of value on another wrestling promotion regardless of how high I am on the food chain. It’s so weird and destructive. Let’s just cut our losses instead of writing some actually good storylines and plans for these people. Lazy shit. It’s the business and I’m just a fan but shit how you can not feel for some of these releases. Not even just from a monetary standpoint. These wrestlers are told time and time again via kayfabe or not kayfabe that app they have to do is work hard, reach for a brass ring or whatever have you, show up and give your best all while being given shit to work with and still being loyal just to get released? What message does that give off? The morale has to be low for sure right? There’s no way it can’t be. As a fan it’s low imagine the guys and girls actually living it and it’s so unnecessary. Sometimes you do have to cut certain losses but damn. 

6 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

Nobody sweeps anything bad that wwe does. They rightfully get criticized and tear apart! I don't know about you or others but I still watch because while the company has a ton of issues and the overall product isn't necessarily great, I don't think everything is completely bad. There are still some stuff and wrestlers I enjoy watching. Raw is mostly shit but I still enjoy NXT and Smackdown!

Some of my favorite wrestlers in wrestlling today are still here such as AJ Styles and WALTER.

Nobody is buying the "budget cut" excuse when they continuously post record earnings. Lol.

It's just gotten to the point where the WWE brand is worth money without even having a real product to offer. It's publicly traded, they constantly have these shady deals like Saudi Arabia, their television deals are constantly going up even though the show is trash, etc. Credit where it's due...Vince did indeed make an unstoppable juggernaut of a promotion. He just did so at the expense of actually giving people a wrestling show...and it's obvious that he doesn't give a shit. 

I barely watch any WWE shows these days. I intentionally skip Raw. I usually forget to watch NXT, even though I can actually watch it again...and SD, I'm never home for. I do record everything, but usually end up deleting it all without watching it anyway. NXT and SD I would like to watch more of. But...Raw is such a garbage fire. I actually did remove Raw from my DVR. I don't even record that anymore. I either watch it out of boredom, or I don't give a shit. I'm usually just playing a video game or something instead. AEW is the only wrestling I always remember to watch from week to week. I can't even keep up NJPW anymore. There's just so much wrestling, and I literally can't sit here and watch it all day every day. 

Edited by Generations

9 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPoJ3QIBtsR/?utm_medium=copy_link

Damn, all gone but Bray.

That's awesome lmao

Bray might just be on his way out too, considering his last appearance was Raw after WM. Also I'm surprised they fired Ruby but kept Liv. Not saying Liv deserves to be fired or anything, but since they were a team and doing essentially nothing, I just assumed they would be fired together.

Edited by T-Hell

Sorry for being that guy but this not only sucks for wwe but wwe2k22! The game can be a big improvement over 2k20 but a smaller and weaker playable roster can lessen the fun and the legends roster is already losing major names likes DDP, Jake Roberts and Sting. Yeah there's community creations but I prefer in game rosters and original caws.