• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Fight Me.
1 hour ago, Lunchbox said:

Rush just wrestled his last match against Janela at GCW, Janela put him over huge on the mic after the fact. 

Took me a min to realize you meant Lio and not RUSH lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Credit:pwinsider

Since there's no "hired/fired/leaving wwe" thread I'll post it here 

WWE broadcast personality Renee Young is leaving World Wrestling Entertainment, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.  We are told Young gave the company notice a week ago that she intends to exit.    There is no word when her final date with the company is yet.

Young (real name Renee Good), 32, has been with WWE since 2012, having been hired after working for Canada's Score Television Network.  

As of this writing, WWE has not returned a request for comment.

Guest Fight Me.
24 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Credit:pwinsider

Since there's no "hired/fired/leaving wwe" thread I'll post it here 

But yeah I would wait til it's official I guess lol

Damn, that's a big one. I know they have Charly, but I wonder if there's still huge interest from ESPN? AEW is a no brainer, but this would be a huge opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm gonna get some flack for this, and while it's sad that another announcer is leaving so soon after Renee, I really couldn't stand Mauro's style of commentary.

He was so loud 90% of the time, and his pop culture references were way too frequent and had me rolling my eyes most of the time.

That said, he is still a really good dude. I hope whatever family issues he is having at the moment (as is rumoured) get sorted soon and that his next gig pays him well. All the best, Mauro.

Is Nigel gone too? He wasn't very good tbh... Felt like he tried too hard to play the heel.

Losing Mauro sucks though. He was the voice of NXT. Seriously, what a bummer. I wonder if he's sticking to wrestling or not? AEW has a lot of announcers as it is, so idk if that's an option. I could totally see him calling the occasional big New Japan show though.

I believe Nigel was officially “furloughed,” so we’ll see if that’s really the end of him. And yeah, he was easily WWE’s best heel commentator for a period. He came off natural to me and wasn’t insufferable like Corey can be at times. As for Mauro, while his Ranallo-isms can get a little grating, I love how he was different from all the Cole clones and actually had his own flavor on calling matches. He brought excitement and enthusiasm to the matches he called not seen seen since JR left.