WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

Gutted about the Ascension getting released, but I hope they find themselves in NWA or TNA. I don't think AEW needs anymore tag teams atm. *Censored* JBL for burying them

Now thats a good idea. Ascension are very suited for NWA Power.
I wonder if Latimer would join them

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah and I was countering MikeM's high praise for Ryder, so that's why I'm talking about him...

Juice is a good example of someone whose potential was untapped. Watching him when he was CJ Parker you can tell he had talent that was only being skimmed. Ryder (and I really dont mean to bury the guy), on the other hand, has never appeared to be a guy who had a high-level of talent to me. We've seen enough of him over the years to gauge the level of talent he can be and imo it's not a lot higher than what we've glimpsed.

Why do you think Ryder needs talent to get more eyes on AEW? They might shoot him to the top, but being on WWE TV and formerly being popular should be enough for Ryder to get viewers, especially if he alludes to getting back into doing Youtube videos again. Talent and draw don't necessarily go hand in hand.

You're really overestimating his popularity if you think he would bring a large amount of fans to the show. If you're a draw more often than not you're really talented or unique in some way.

And isn't he doing YT videos again? He does videos on action figures I thought.

Yeah and I was countering MikeM's high praise for Ryder, so that's why I'm talking about him...

Juice is a good example of someone whose potential was untapped. Watching him when he was CJ Parker you can tell he had talent that was only being skimmed. Ryder (and I really dont mean to bury the guy), on the other hand, has never appeared to be a guy who had a high-level of talent to me. We've seen enough of him over the years to gauge the level of talent he can be and imo it's not a lot higher than what we've glimpsed.

Why do you think Ryder needs talent to get more eyes on AEW? They might shoot him to the top, but being on WWE TV and formerly being popular should be enough for Ryder to get viewers, especially if he alludes to getting back into doing Youtube videos again. Talent and draw don't necessarily go hand in hand.
You're really overestimating his popularity if you think he would bring a large amount of fans to the show. If you're a draw more often than not you're really talented or unique in some way.

Zack's a solid promo in his own right, plus he's pretty good at getting a crowd behind him when he's given something that isn't jobbing to the Viking Experience in 2 minutes.

He isn't really doing YouTube per se, it's more of highlights from the Major Wrestling Figures podcast he does with Curt Hawkins.

All I know is that he was popular, and his Youtube vids got a lot of viewers. and given he was on WWE TV, there's no reason to believe he wouldn't draw in viewers even if for an hour just to see what his debut is like. Hell, I'd probably watch just to see if they repeat him getting kicked in the balls.

I dunno, this forum is my only connection to WWE and the wrestling world.

Honestly that figure channel has made me hate Ryder way more, dude is annoying as *Censored*.

Don't think Harper will bring in viewers but will be a guy people realize was way doper of a wrestler then WWE showd him to be and is much more then "Yeah yeah yeah" guy.

I just want my Stardust/Ascension reunion in AEW. Especially at a time when Cody could use backup against Inner Circle.

I wonder if they go back to being Conor O'Brien and Rick Victor, and have an adjective to Ascension as their name? Because Conor can go, and so can Rick. I will admit that I'm biased since Conor is from Grand Rapids, and is a practicing minister in Michigan

I just want my Stardust/Ascension reunion in AEW. Especially at a time when Cody could use backup against Inner Circle.

I wonder if they go back to being Conor O'Brien and Rick Victor, and have an adjective to Ascension as their name? Because Conor can go, and so can Rick. I will admit that I'm biased since Conor is from Grand Rapids, and is a practicing minister in Michigan

"Payne and Apoc" The Rebellion

"Payne and Apoc" The Rebellion

Sounds good to me.

Actually doesnt sound bad. Idk about teaming with Cody again though, even though I liked that stable. Seems way beneath him at this point. And his character was never really..dark. Going back to Stardust as some sort of dark character like Balor to the Demon is laughable lol