WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It does kinda bother me that there are already annoying diehard fans of AEW when they havent done shit yet.

They did do All In which was a great success across the board.

All in was far from what I would call a success... really they only did 100k PPV buys, which is worse then ECWs first PPV, and ECW didnt have the internet or anything...

It does kinda bother me that there are already annoying diehard fans of AEW when they havent done shit yet.

All in wasn't AEW, AEW was created after it

Guest Fight Me.

Same shit. Tony Khan was even helping then too, he paid for the private jet that got Jericho in and out of there quickly to his Fozzy gig.

All in was far from what I would call a success... really they only did 100k PPV buys, which is worse then ECWs first PPV, and ECW didnt have the internet or anything...

So a completely sold out show of 10,000 fans that was self funded by these wrestlers who had zero experience putting a whole PPV together, was far from a success? Lmfao get out of here.

You do realize that ECW's Barley Legal PPV came years into their run as a company, right? All In was an sold-out, independent wrestling event, without any sentimental factor (not a tribute show or charity event or any co-promoted show). Any promotion wishes they could get 10.000 people into their show, let alone the first one ever.

I really dont understand the need for your pedantism here, it doesnt contribute anything and just incites a pointless argument that you wont win. Thats like saying you shouldnt bother considering The Hobbit canon because it wasnt called the Lord of The Rings yet. You know exactly what I mean, just because All In wasnt produced under the AEW trademark doesnt mean it wasnt done by the exact same people and doesnt give you a prelude to what they are capable of.

What a tiresome response and waste of everyones time. :rolleyes:

The jealousy is real.

Edited by Creepia

I get the anger towards people acting as if AEW is already some kind of WWE killer, but I am experiencing quite a similar feeling towards people looking to downplay them to a ridiculous degree.

I mean acting as if All In wasn't a success or that they haven't had an effect on WWE is just asinine.

Edited by Brandon-X

Taz always makes a good point when talking about AEW on his podcast. He always says he hopes the continue to build on what they started but they havent really done anything yet. Its a start up company that is just getting its feet under them. Yes they established some success but now a lot of the building needs to take place behinds the scenes before they can really take that next step. They arent taking WWE down but its something new in the same business so Im sure WWE has taken notice but so far there isnt much to take notice of yet in the grand scheme of things

At the very least its another place for wrestlers to go for big money so in that sense yes its affecting WWE and yes they should at least be aware of the danger that AEW presents to their roster.

Also im calling it right now that someone or all of Sanity is next to leave

Edited by Willows Way

My bad, I thought this topic was about releases...

It is and the conversation and debate progress naturally. Commenting on the meta of it all doesnt really do much to steer it back on course either, does it?

I really dont understand the need for your pedantism here, it doesnt contribute anything and just incites a pointless argument that you wont win. Thats like saying you shouldnt bother considering The Hobbit canon because it wasnt called the Lord of The Rings yet. You know exactly what I mean, just because All In wasnt produced under the AEW trademark doesnt mean it wasnt done by the exact same people and doesnt give you a prelude to what they are capable of.

What a tiresome response and waste of everyones time. :rolleyes:

The jealousy is real.

I mean NJPW and ROH were part of it

So a completely sold out show of 10,000 fans that was self funded by these wrestlers who had zero experience putting a whole PPV together, was far from a success? Lmfao get out of here.

Again you can't consider a sold out show when you saw on TV a lot of empty seats just because you saw it all your tickets doesn't mean people are going to the show just means people buy the ticket to sell them off

They were not. Cody & The Bucks just used these connections to promote the event and to hire people they knew. ROH & NJPW themselves had nothing to do with any of it

well you know besides lending in their talent

Again. They did not do that.