WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well...at least we'll never hafta witness Paul Heyman awkwardly gazing into eyes like that one segment...that was just so weird. So this would mean that we won't see him WWE 2K17 right? I'll download a CAW just to have Goldberg rip through him

Well...at least we'll never hafta witness Paul Heyman awkwardly gazing into eyes like that one segment...that was just so weird. So this would mean that we won't see him WWE 2K17 right? I'll download a CAW just to have Goldberg rip through him

I don't understand this post.

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, that legendary segment where Paul Heyman got on one knee and proposed to him lol.

Edited by Fight Me.

So because he called Vince out on his bullshit he got let go? Seems about right.

Except he didn't. He defended Vince's decision making.

He did but he also said, in a nice way, that Vince has made some dumbass decisions and i think thats what came back to bite him.

Well.. I suppose Vince is known to be that petty.

So because he called Vince out on his bullshit he got let go? Seems about right.

Except he didn't. He defended Vince's decision making.

He did but he also said, in a nice way, that Vince has made some dumbass decisions and i think thats what came back to bite him.

Well.. I suppose Vince is known to be that petty.

Yupp exactly what im thinkin.

Yeah, that legendary segment where Paul Heyman got on one knee and proposed to him lol.

Yeah....that segment. I think Heyman was in a wheelchair on that segment. Wasn't that after CM Punk beat Heyman's ass on top of HIAC with a kendo stick? Sorry if my original post wasn't understandable.

I agree with some shit Cody says in that intearview but he also comes off like a pretentious dick in other things. It sounds like he's got a carny/hustler mentality even though he's always worked for the WWE. I hate guys that say they hate people using insider terms and talk about protecting the business and are saying that on shoot interviews.

It's a good listen anyways, interested to see how his post WWE career will go.

• 2 weeks later...

The first post-WWE title match for Cody Rhodes will take place on November 25th for the WrestleCade promotion in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Cody will be facing Global Force Wrestling's Sonjay Dutt for his GFW NEX*GEN Title. Cody tweeted on the match:

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/767893723166314496

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0823/616853/injury-at-wwe-nxt-takeover/

During an interview with Ring Rust Radio, Cody Rhodes talked about working with his father in WWE:

“There is so much about that time period that touched me and was really something that will stand out as a favorite memory of my father and what he was able to do the day of Battleground. How we were able to get people to see what we couldn’t, but it’s not even in my top five of the things I did with WWE. The reason being, when I got into WWE I wanted to be anything other than Dusty’s kid. I didn’t want to have any connection with Dustin either as far as Goldust, not because I don’t love them; it’s just nostalgia if I was paying tribute to them. So I wanted to be very different than the three Rhodes on paper. I never really saw us as having that family moment, but we did.”

Rhodes also added the following comments:

“There are so many things about that match and people might know this, but Battleground was originally designed to be War Games. War Games was going to come back and somebody — and I don’t actually know who so not I’m not trying to be vague — but somebody said ‘No it takes up too much ticket space so we aren’t going to do the War Games.’ So then it became a tag match. Before it was ever a tag match, it was to be me returning in this cool drifter-like Midnight Rider mask that I had commissioned and paid for and was all excited about. So many things didn’t happen for it to just be a family match, but I’m glad people loved it. When I look at it now, I wonder ‘what if’ about all the other things, especially with the War Games portion.”

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/wwe-almost-brought-back-war-games/

zkg4X3z.jpg

During an interview with Ring Rust Radio, Cody Rhodes talked about working with his father in WWE:

There is so much about that time period that touched me and was really something that will stand out as a favorite memory of my father and what he was able to do the day of Battleground. How we were able to get people to see what we couldnt, but its not even in my top five of the things I did with WWE. The reason being, when I got into WWE I wanted to be anything other than Dustys kid. I didnt want to have any connection with Dustin either as far as Goldust, not because I dont love them; its just nostalgia if I was paying tribute to them. So I wanted to be very different than the three Rhodes on paper. I never really saw us as having that family moment, but we did.

Rhodes also added the following comments:

There are so many things about that match and people might know this, but Battleground was originally designed to be War Games. War Games was going to come back and somebody and I dont actually know who so not Im not trying to be vague but somebody said No it takes up too much ticket space so we arent going to do the War Games. So then it became a tag match. Before it was ever a tag match, it was to be me returning in this cool drifter-like Midnight Rider mask that I had commissioned and paid for and was all excited about. So many things didnt happen for it to just be a family match, but Im glad people loved it. When I look at it now, I wonder what if about all the other things, especially with the War Games portion.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/wwe-almost-brought-back-war-games/

zkg4X3z.jpg

This *censored*ing poster was slapped on my works outside wall. I work 5 mins from the Guildhall haha

That sucks hearing that War Games was almost returning. I remember a few of us speculated this would be the return of War Games based on the name Battlegrounds alone. Damn you to whoever said no to it. :hqhq:

Can guarantee it wasn't Triple H, apparently he'd been pushing for WarGames since the Elimination Chamber was created in 2002.