Bushy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Former WWE star Cody Rhodes recently appeared on The Chad Dukes Wrestling Show and below are some interview highlights:

Ive heard this a lot, and Im just a fan, I dont pretend to be an insider like I think a lot of people who talk about wrestling do, they talk a lot about when theyre bringing guys into NXT from the indies that its their way and then theres the WWE way. How much different is that going to be when we see you for the first time outside of a WWE ring?

I think, without sounding so negative, when youre told youre not good from your employer, when your employer tells you youre not good or when his exact words are, theres no interest in you, to your face, you want to change that opinion, you want to prove them wrong, its motivating, its probably good leadership to some degree, but when I was unable to do so because of playing essentially, my half brothers character long past the point that I was supposed to continue with it was just discouraging because I was boxed into that. You cant prove them wrong when youre doing essentially slapstick comedy. As much as I love Jim Carrey Riddler, I could only rip him off so much.

So its my chance to get back on track from where we were in 2013, 2012, 2011, when I was just finger lengths away from the keys to the kingdom and I kind of fell from grace. Thats more my fault likely than it is theirs, but its my chance to kind of get back on track. You said the Indy way and the WWE way, I dont really particularly look at it that way. Pro wrestling is pro wrestling to me, whether its in WWE, or whether its in Lucha Underground, or whether its in Evolve, wherever. I consider myself a student of the game and somebody that always wants to improve and learn about pro wrestling. People who remember 2012, 2013, and 2011, theyll be excited to see that side of Cody again. But by no means am I sleeping on this transition, a whole lot of new things have to happen and a whole lot of changes. If you were to come to the house here in Dallas, Texas, youd see. Weve got a ring set up here. at my actual house, dont ask me how it fits, and because I cant do anything but sit on my ass, essentially for ninety days, I work out in the morning, I work out in the ring in the afternoon, and at night I grab Pharaoh, my husky, and we run while Brandi shines the light of my car on us. Its a hell of a deal, I wish somebody was filming it, wed be able to make a pretty sweet montage.

You really did well with something that maybe you didnt want to do, but it was really cool to see you sink your teeth into it and make it into something incredibly entertaining and I hope at least you can take that away from your time as Stardust.

Listen, I didnt like the idea of Stardust but once its handed to you, thats your job. That was my job and I wanted to create something, I did not want to get roped into being Goldust-lite. I thought I had my own nice dichotomy between the personality of my brother and myself, so I wanted to make it something different and we kind of lurched towards the super-villain route. On live events like that where the best wrestling in WWE actually is, on the live events, those moments are unforgettable. Stardust did things in a unique way, I probably would have just given you a shout out, but Stardust gave a shout out to your dog. Hes a lover of animals, hes a cat guy, I dont even own a cat, but Stardust is a cat guy. Lot of weird things about him.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/734035-cody-rhodes-talks-not-liking-the-idea-of-the-stardust-character-transitioning-to-the-indy-scene-from-wwe-getting-back-on-track-and-more

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, he wanted to continue Stardust as a promise to Dusty to "finish what he started." And he also said why would he capitalize on the worst thing that's ever happened to him (Dusty passing)?

But after the feud with Stephen Amell and the Cosmic Wasteland stuff, I don't think there was anything left to do as Stardust.

I think the gimmick started souring on him because he wanted to turn back to being Cody but they didn't want that

Either that or the fact he was working his ass off making it entertaining and post Amell, they did absolutely nothing with it.

If Cody never gets a top spot in WWE, it will be nothing short of a criminal act. Seriously hoping he comes back after "proving" himself (put in quotes because he is already proven from his work in WWE alone).

Needs to hold top WWE gold one day.

Edited by Generations

90 Day No Compete Clause, I think since he's doing specific matches, he wants them all recorded, so there's no work around.

Theres something really fishy about that.

I remember there being rumors of a "outsider" like stable of former WWE stars who were treated awful in the WWE trying to reenter by invading the promotion. This stinks of that.

90 Day No Compete Clause, I think since he's doing specific matches, he wants them all recorded, so there's no work around.

Theres something really fishy about that.

I remember there being rumors of a "outsider" like stable of former WWE stars who were treated awful in the WWE trying to reenter by invading the promotion. This stinks of that.

The idea of a stable of like....Rhodes, Barrett, McIntyre and Sandow invading has me salivating, but I doubt Cody's release is a work.

I feel like the Cosmic Wasteland stuff had a lot of potential but got lost in the shuffle, unfortunately. Would've been interesting to see him leading a stable.

If Cody had stuck around through this brand split, I think they would have given it one more shot...and it probably would have panned out. Especially with two sets of tag belts now allegedly happening.