WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

Shit on them all you want, they could probably have another EC3 situation with Sandow. It makes you think "How the *Censored* did the WWE misuse this guy?"

This. I always consider TNA as "the company where former WWE talents get rightly used".

Which is wrong.

Not every ex-WWE guy is a success, but I think they have a pretty good track record. I like what they've done with Bobby Lashley and Drew Galloway, and EC3 being one of the best acts in the business almost makes up for all of their failures anyway.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2009 really was their last really good year. Damn, sad shit.

It really wasn't, its when Hogan came in and completely started to kill it. Dude brought the Nasty Boys in, and Bubba the love sponge(who started problems backstage). Hogan was just looking out for his friends not the business, usual Hogan.
I thought all that was 2010. Wasn't 2009 the year of MCMG vs Beer Money Best of 5 Series, AJ Styles winning the world championship, Styles/Joe/Daniels 2? Can't remember if it it was 2009 or 2011 that the X-Division got rejuvenated, but I remember 2009 being a good year.
Yup, my bad. I remember now, 2009 they announced Hogan. I meant in Backstage politics and stuff which is what caused TNA to fall. 2010 is when Hogan pulled all that on-screen shit.
Once that *Censored* announced they were changing back to a 4 sided ring I was like "Now wait a gotdamn second..." and from there this man really tried to create WCW Nitro. More I think about it, Hogan pisses me off even more now. How you destroy a company and then just leave?

I guess Dixie can be the blame too, she legit gave Hogan all this money and freedom. Hogan then made TNA run venues and tour when they obviously weren't ready to. Hogan's contract and the touring/venue shit is the reason they have money problems nowadays. This is what I agree on with Jim Cornette. Hogan ran the place into the ground. The NYC arena they worked shows at about 2 years ago was a perfect alt arena for TNA(Hogan was gone in like 2013).

Shit on them all you want, they could probably have another EC3 situation with Sandow. It makes you think "How the *Censored* did the WWE misuse this guy?"

This. I always consider TNA as "the company where former WWE talents get rightly used".

Which is wrong.

Not every ex-WWE guy is a success, but I think they have a pretty good track record. I like what they've done with Bobby Lashley and Drew Galloway, and EC3 being one of the best acts in the business almost makes up for all of their failures anyway.

Remember 2009 Bobby "I want to leave TNA" Lashley?

Which is wrong.

I don't deny they have had successes. They even turned Kennedy into a main eventer, but I think TNA being known as the place WWE guys go to get pushed to the moon is a bit of A wrong statement.

When was the time where they had Fourtune and Immortal and then theyf used and then unfused because Flair betrayed them or they betrayed Flair and Jeff Hardy had a world title belt with his face on it and Samoa Joe had this nation of violence thing going on but then with rap and....Victoria was there as Tara and had this theme called Broken

When was the time where they had Fourtune and Immortal and then theyf used and then unfused because Flair betrayed them or they betrayed Flair and Jeff Hardy had a world title belt with his face on it and Samoa Joe had this nation of violence thing going on but then with rap and....Victoria was there as Tara and had this theme called Broken

Hardy introduced that custom title in November of 2010. He lost the belt to Sting on an episode of Impact in March of 2011. They had a rematch that Sting won, which was the infamous Victory Road match where Hardy was high out of his mind.

The rest of that stuff was going on around the same time. I thought Fortune was a pretty cool faction at some points. I really liked the pairing of Flair and AJ.

Cody Rhodes to EVOLVE: https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/738405745016721408

According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Cody Runnels got the rights to use the Cody Rhodes name from WWE, and will start taking independent dates starting August 19th. The list Rhodes posted is a real list of things he wants to do post WWE, and the people handling his bookings have been instructed to get matches with as many of those people as possible and to do so as soon as possible. Rhodes is said to be adamant about showing the world what he can do. The feeling is that Rhodes wants to be a freelancer with the ability to work ROH and New Japan.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/cody-rhodes-will-get-to-keep-the-name-post-wwe/

Cody Rhodes to EVOLVE: https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/738405745016721408

According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Cody Runnels got the rights to use the Cody Rhodes name from WWE, and will start taking independent dates starting August 19th. The list Rhodes posted is a real list of things he wants to do post WWE, and the people handling his bookings have been instructed to get matches with as many of those people as possible and to do so as soon as possible. Rhodes is said to be adamant about showing the world what he can do. The feeling is that Rhodes wants to be a freelancer with the ability to work ROH and New Japan.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/cody-rhodes-will-get-to-keep-the-name-post-wwe/

Funny that he just left WWE and one of the first places he's going to work is basically WWE developmental. Apparently they also gave him permission to use the Rhodes name wherever he wants. I give him a year before he's on NXT.

Cody Rhodes announced Friday that he will be facing The Miracle Mike Bennett this summer. Cody's wife Brandi (Eden Stiles) and Bennett's wife Maria Kanellis will accompany their husbands to the ring.

The match will take place for Northeast Wrestlings Under the Stars show on Friday, August 26 in Pittsfield, Mass.

Rhodes has a busy summer lined up with the following already announced:

- EVOLVE in Baltimore, Md. (first post-WWE match) - Aug. 19

- NEW in Pittsfield, Mass. Cody Rhodes (w/Brandi Rhodes) vs. Mike Bennett (w/Maria Kanellis) - Aug. 26

- NEW in Wappingers Falls, N.Y. Rhodes vs. Kurt Angle - Aug. 27.

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/738822389585215488

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/42621/Cody-Rhodes-Announces-New-Match-Against-The-Miracle-Mike/

– As noted, Cody Rhodes will be wrestling Mike Bennett on August 26th and Kurt Angle on August 27th for the Northeast Wrestling promotion in New York. Cody could be making regular appearances for NEW as promoter Mike O’Brien is helping to book him and was very close with Cody’s dad Dusty Rhodes. Cody recently tweeted a list of potential opponents that included Angle, Bennett, The Young Bucks, Chris Hero, Dalton Castle, Adam Cole and others. There’s speculation that the Hero match could come at EVOLVE 66 on August 19th in Joppa, MD but that has not been announced by the promotion. Cody has told people working on his bookings to get matches with as many people on that list as possible. According to those close to Cody, right now he’s very adamant about showing everyone what he thinks he can do.

http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/cody-rhodes-out-to-prove-something-wwe-picking-up-roh-stars-wwe-attendance/

The best thing Cody can do right now is to rub it in the face of WWE. Show them that he could've been a big star if they actually believed in him.

I will probably be watching most of his 'list' matches.

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Adam Rose will continue using his party gimmick when he returns to the independent wrestling scene but one thing will be a little different, his name.

The wrestlers new name is Aldo Rose and his Twitter bio now says, Aint no more PG in this party!

Sources close to A.R. tell us he decided against returning to a Leo Kruger-like character despite its popularity in NXT and instead opted to continue using something similar to his WWE persona, only this time the party crew will have a whole new feel.

Rose is currently accepting indie bookings and will be free to wrestle on TV/iPPV later this summer.

Let the party begin.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/adam-rose-new-ring-name/?platform=hootsuite