WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

Kurt Angle vs. Cody Rhodes for the first time ever has been announced for the Northeast Wrestling "Wrestling Under the Stars" event on August 27th in Wappingers Falls, NY. Details are below:

https://twitter.com/newwrestling1/status/737670589926760453

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0531/612246/first-time-ever-match-announced-for-cody-rhodes/

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

During an interview with SportsKeeda, Dixie Carter said that TNA is actively looking to sign former WWE Superstars who have been recently released from the company.

Yes, there are some great talent on the market right now, and there hasnt been for a while. So, I think that there are some big opportunities for us to see if a couple of names that are available fit with what were trying to do right now. You know, great in-ring product, great personality and ability to show, to have big characters and were very excited about that.

Were in an exciting time as it relates to talent. Weve had long conversations internally and believe it was time to freshen up the talent roster a bit as well as, expose people who have been on our roster in the past, who have not had the kind of push that they deserve and so, were going to be doing that. Weve bought in several new talents in the last couple of months. As well as, were looking at some bigger names that are available out there right now. I think over the next two months, youre going to see some more changes in the roster and some more long-term signings which were very excited about. I think its going to be a very good phase and a very good time for TNA.

You can read the entire interview here: http://www.sportskeeda.com/wrestling/interview-dixie-carter-looking-for-wwe-talent

http://www.ringsidenews.com/misc-news/tna-news/recently-released-wwe-superstars-headed-to-tna/

Guest Fight Me.

Judging by the interview he did with Rolling Stone, looks like he's gonna do a couple indy shows to say thank you to fans, but he actually got a lot of acting opportunities which he said he'd love to explore.

Edited by Fight Me.

Who the *Censored* is TNA seriously hiring? Is that company not looking to sell itself?

It's like a cheap prostitute saying she'd be interested in sleeping with Brad Pitt. I'll bet TNA would love to get some stars that might help them actually make money. But, seriously...my personal feelings about TNA aside, in no realm of the current reality should they be talking about making any serious acquisitions at all. That company is in straight survival mode.

Edited by Generations

2009 really was their last really good year. Damn, sad shit.

It really wasn't, its when Hogan came in and completely started to kill it. Dude brought the Nasty Boys in, and Bubba the love sponge(who started problems backstage). Hogan was just looking out for his friends not the business, usual Hogan.

Edited by TheNewF'NShow

Shit on them all you want, they could probably have another EC3 situation with Sandow. It makes you think "How the *Censored* did the WWE misuse this guy?"

This. I always consider TNA as "the company where former WWE talents get rightly used".

Shit on them all you want, they could probably have another EC3 situation with Sandow. It makes you think "How the *Censored* did the WWE misuse this guy?"

This. I always consider TNA as "the company where former WWE talents get rightly used".

Eh, there are plenty of WWE talents who never amounted to much simply because they weren't that great, then went to TNA and were treated as bigger deals than they needed to be.

Which is wrong.

It really wasn't, its when Hogan came in and completely started to kill it. Dude brought the Nasty Boys in, and Bubba the love sponge(who started problems backstage). Hogan was just looking out for his friends not the business, usual Hogan.

I thought all that was 2010. Wasn't 2009 the year of MCMG vs Beer Money Best of 5 Series, AJ Styles winning the world championship, Styles/Joe/Daniels 2? Can't remember if it it was 2009 or 2011 that the X-Division got rejuvenated, but I remember 2009 being a good year.

I thought all that was 2010. Wasn't 2009 the year of MCMG vs Beer Money Best of 5 Series, AJ Styles winning the world championship, Styles/Joe/Daniels 2? Can't remember if it it was 2009 or 2011 that the X-Division got rejuvenated, but I remember 2009 being a good year.

Yup, my bad. I remember now, 2009 they announced Hogan. I meant in Backstage politics and stuff which is what caused TNA to fall. 2010 is when Hogan pulled all that on-screen shit.

Yup, my bad. I remember now, 2009 they announced Hogan. I meant in Backstage politics and stuff which is what caused TNA to fall. 2010 is when Hogan pulled all that on-screen shit.

Once that *Censored* announced they were changing back to a 4 sided ring I was like "Now wait a gotdamn second..." and from there this man really tried to create WCW Nitro. More I think about it, Hogan pisses me off even more now. How you destroy a company and then just leave?