WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

I always wonder why WWE restricts their performers so much...seems like a lot of folks have left over the years in order to pursue other interests because of how strict their contracts are...

Probably because they want the workers to focus only on wrestling and don't want them making more money, so they'd be forced to rely on WWE? I think if some of the guys had something to fall back on, according to many sources who say the current locker room should speak up more, they'd grow balls and stand up to WWE more. It's been said many guys stay quiet because they're comfortable with their stable paycheck and don't want to lose that, whereas other ventures could afford them money to tell WWE they refuse to do this or that.

Might also be favoritism too, but I'm basing that on WWE using CM Punk's company-on-attire idea and giving it to Sheamus.

But good for Brandi. I hope she and Cody find success in whatever they do, Cody's definitely earned it.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always wonder why WWE restricts their performers so much...seems like a lot of folks have left over the years in order to pursue other interests because of how strict their contracts are...

Probably because they want the workers to focus only on wrestling and don't want them making more money, so they'd be forced to rely on WWE? I think if some of the guys had something to fall back on, according to many sources who say the current locker room should speak up more, they'd grow balls and stand up to WWE more. It's been said many guys stay quiet because they're comfortable with their stable paycheck and don't want to lose that, whereas other ventures could afford them money to tell WWE they refuse to do this or that.

Might also be favoritism too, but I'm basing that on WWE using CM Punk's company-on-attire idea and giving it to Sheamus.

But good for Brandi. I hope she and Cody find success in whatever they do, Cody's definitely earned it.

What do you mean? What's the story on this, I never heard of this before.

I think it was Lesnar, not Sheamus. The story was some company wanted to pay CM Punk if he would wear one of their logo's on his attire, something that would not affect WWE at all, but Vince shot the idea down. A few months later Lesnar returned and his shorts are loaded up with sponsors.

Regarding more possible WWE talent releases coming in the future, those rumors continue, according to PWInsider.com. After Eden and Cody Rhodes were granted their departures, some wrestlers within WWE are under the impression that there will be more cuts in the next few days.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/712187-update-on-ric-flairs-wwe-status

People in the company have really been growing pairs recently, haven't they? Barrett and Rhodes openly stated they were unhappy and left, Ryback called out the company on their payment plan...

If the trend continues, I see Ziggler leaving, because he's hated his position in the company for years.

^

Correct. That with Sheamus was about the WWE'13 cover.

Which was based off of the Attitude Era.

Cause you know when you think about the Attitude Era and wrestlers from the modern era (at that time), you immediately think of Sheamus. Of course. The attire part was Lesnar's.

Oh, apparently it was Lesnar, as above people have said. Google did tell me Punk wanted a part of TMNT, but it went to Sheamus instead. Why did I think of Sheamus, then?

Still, it shows how shitty WWE can be. Out of those who we know aren't happy/weren't happy, I only see Ziggles and Cody being successful. One of the reasons why I don't see it being a positive thing when NXT stars are called up.

People in the company have really been growing pairs recently, haven't they? Barrett and Rhodes openly stated they were unhappy and left, Ryback called out the company on their payment plan...

If the trend continues, I see Ziggler leaving, because he's hated his position in the company for years.

Wade and Cody did it the right way Ryback did not.

According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Cody Rhodes wanted to drop his Stardust gimmick and there were plans to do so a few months ago, but the plans were ultimately halted by Vince McMahon.

It is believed Cody was told back in February he would be switching back to the ‘Cody Rhodes’ character after Wrestlemania, and met with Vince McMahon about it. Cody teased it on social media a bit, and even went as far as having ring gear made, but Vince McMahon put a halt to those plans.

Right now, Cody Rhodes’ wrestling status is unknown since he was granted his release but WWE may not allow him to work somewhere else. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter cited Bryan Danielson’s attempt to leave WWE to work for Ring of Honor, New Japan or CMLL, noting he was told his contract came with a clause that caused any unfulfilled time on the contract to rollover.

As noted, Rhodes’ release was not amicable, and WWE may be making it difficult for Rhodes to work anywhere else. There’s the issue of actually being able to use the ‘Cody Rhodes’ name since WWE owns the rights to it, and he never used that name prior to working for WWE.

As far as Cody’s wife, former WWE host Eden leaving the company, it appears that she left on short notice because she still worked the WWE Extreme Rules PPV and TV tapings this week, and both Eden (Brandi Rhodes) and WWE officials denied she was leaving. She ended up actually giving notice three days after the denial and it makes it appear that she hadn’t given notice yet.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/712803-update-on-previous-plans-for-cody-rhodes-to-drop-stardust-character-and-who-nixed-it-where-he-can-go-from-here-more-on-edens-wwe-departure

Oh, apparently it was Lesnar, as above people have said. Google did tell me Punk wanted a part of TMNT, but it went to Sheamus instead. Why did I think of Sheamus, then?

Still, it shows how shitty WWE can be. Out of those who we know aren't happy/weren't happy, I only see Ziggles and Cody being successful. One of the reasons why I don't see it being a positive thing when NXT stars are called up.

Punk often said he wanted to play Casey Jones in a "TMNT" film, meaning in general, because I don't think the new films had begun production at the time. His issue with film roles was over the Marine - and Triple H telling him he wouldn't be filming at the time of the European tour - when Punk proved he was right, they switched the role to Orton without telling him.

ql0FePs.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/736634204604092416

I like how he put on his WWE cape for Batista a while back saying something like "people boo Batista because he wasn't in a BOLA" or something obviously saying because he wasn't an indy guy but now he wants to be in a BOLA.

Some good names though

Edited by TheNewF'NShow

Seeing the words "Angle" and "BOLA" next to each other on that list just reminds me how bad I want Kurt Angle in PWG. I think there's a good chance he could be in it this year.

Still makes me mad to think Super Dragon had Kurt Angle vs. Daniel Bryan booked in PWG and TNA made Angle pull out.

Edited by phoenixsplash420