WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

Eden's gone.

Brandi Rhodes @RealEdenWWE 2m2 minutes ago

(1/2) What I've been teasing for weeks: I've been offered a new opportunity outside of WWE!! So I've decided to part w/ WWE after tonight.

(2/2) http://BeingBrandiRunnels.com will continue! Check it out soon for updates on my new career life! Doing things my way! #RhodesStrong

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still trying to wrap my head around Cody and Brandi wanting their releases. They weren't being overlooked or anything. They were being used consistently and respectably. Eden was seriously the best announcer they had, IMO. I know these are personal issues and they understand their reasons much better than I ever could...but this all feels like a huge mistake to me. Especially after everything WWE did for the memory of Dusty. Like...Ryback makes sense. He was never going to end up anywhere. But Cody...he had a really solid fanbase, even as Stardust IMO...and he would have eventually gone back to being a top player. He was a pretty solid midcarder as it was. Could have easily been US champion a few times.

Edited by Generations

The guy says blatantly that he was tired of the Stardust character and pitched to those that mattered that he wanted to be Cody Rhodes again and given the ball to carry and prove to everyone the main event caliber talent he was. Under his own opinion, he was being misused and wanted more from the company given his ability to eat the shit he was given. Thats why he left and its VERY understandable.

And Bret couldve carried WCW for the remainder of the 2000's. He showed up in WCW late 97, early 98. WCW had planned for him to be a big part of the company going forward.

Edited by Paulie Walnuts

I didn't read his statement until just a moment ago. Yes, it is very understandable.

Stardust was an excellent character though...and more than just playing Dusty or Goldust. In many ways, the Stardust character was better than Dusty or Dustin. Just, IMO. I really loved that character and always supported it.

Edited by Generations

Nah I agree . Stardust was great and I loved it. But it came a point where during the gimmick , he was doing this skitzo type act, that would've been the perfect time to re-introduce Cody Rhodes as sort of a split personality, on the way to reestablishing him permanently. It wouldve been great to see him in the title hunt, and the things he couldve done with "the ball".

Truth. Stardust was a great character, and was incredibly entertaining when given time. His feud with Neville, Amell and short partnerships with Barrett and Ascension all made great TV...but the character just wasn't one anyone could see main eventing, whereas Cody himself has had several times in his career, be it during his Grotesque gimmick, his longer IC title run or his face turn where he showed incredible main event potential...but it just never came to be.

Honestly, if Cody leaves and makes waves in another promotion, it could do him a lot of good. He's a big enough name that they could make an eventual return a huge deal and immediately raise his stock. I think his road outside of WWE will be similar to Drew McIntyre/Galloway, where he proves that he can be a top guy and shows them just how big of a boat they missed.

Eden's gone.

Brandi Rhodes ‏@RealEdenWWE 2m2 minutes ago

(1/2) What I've been teasing for weeks: I've been offered a new opportunity outside of WWE!! So I've decided to part w/ WWE after tonight.

(2/2) http://BeingBrandiRunnels.com will continue! Check it out soon for updates on my new career life! Doing things my way! #RhodesStrong

Damn wonder what gig she got because she just bounced on out of here. Can't say I'll miss her ring announcing though but she seems like a wonderful person.

Truth. Stardust was a great character, and was incredibly entertaining when given time. His feud with Neville, Amell and short partnerships with Barrett and Ascension all made great TV...but the character just wasn't one anyone could see main eventing, whereas Cody himself has had several times in his career, be it during his Grotesque gimmick, his longer IC title run or his face turn where he showed incredible main event potential...but it just never came to be.

Don't even agree with that. A few tweaks could have made it work. Notably, just changing his facepaint to something more sinister...Mr. Sinister pun not intended.

Don't even agree with that. A few tweaks could have made it work. Notably, just changing his facepaint to something more sinister...Mr. Sinister pun not intended.

The image of Stardust with his dark entrance gear with the Ascension behind him definitely looked sinister

The image of Stardust with his dark entrance gear with the Ascension behind him definitely looked sinister

I liked that. Would've been interesting to see him become a prime-time villain, instead of losing to anyone relevant. It had so much more potential, without things becoming too cartoony, I'd expect Cody to be intelligent enough to make it work.

Cody Rhodes seems like such a prima donna. There are a lot of wrestlers in WWE that kind of fly under the radar and you dont see or hear much of them out of character. Then there are guys that have an online presence and interact with fans out of character, but seem really laid back and cool. Cody Rhodes is not one of those guys. Hes an entertaining wrestler, so I guess I dont have a problem with him. I just think its a shame that the only time I hear anything about him, its because he said something negative.

Based on his history, I still think there's a chance this is a work. For a guy who claims to be living his dream, he sure complains about the fans a lot. And for a guy who is like the ultimate WWE fanboy/shill, its too weird to see him go. Based on what hes said, he thinks hes too good to wrestle anywhere else, yet here he is making it sound like he'll still wrestle. Two Codys in Bullet Club could be cool. But theres also that chance that this is all a pointless work and it will just end with him tweeting about how clever he is for fooling those dumb marks on the internet. Maybe hell even cut an edgy shoot promo about how the dirtsheets were wrong or something. Thatll put some butts in the seats. If it was anybody other than Cody Rhodes, I probably wouldn't think this.

Cody Rhodes seems like such a prima donna. There are a lot of wrestlers in WWE that kind of fly under the radar and you dont see or hear much of them out of character. Then there are guys that have an online presence and interact with fans out of character, but seem really laid back and cool. Cody Rhodes is not one of those guys. Hes an entertaining wrestler, so I guess I dont have a problem with him. I just think its a shame that the only time I hear anything about him, its because he said something negative.

....wait....what? Are you serious? What the hell made you think he's a prima donna reading that? He's not whining and bitching about pointless shit, he simply stated that he's tried over and over to show that he can be bigger than he is, but see's that he's hit the glass ceiling and can't break through. This honestly sounded like a genuine explanation from someone who really loves the business and made a very tough decision to leave what was, without a doubt, a dream job. I....I really don't know where you're getting any of the stuff in your second paragraph from either.

I actually posted that at the same time his twitter statement was posted. I hadn't even read it yet, but I stand by what I said. As much as I like Cody Rhodes, he has a history of saying stupid, uncalled for shit. As you can see, after I read it, I edited it to say, "based on his history", because I knew people were going to assume I was talking about his statement about being released and they would be excited to jump down my throat. By his history, I mean the trollish anti-smark comments he has been known to make on twitter. I'm talking about him overreacting to the use of any insider terminology and referring to the indie circuit as "the minor leagues" just to get a rise out of people. He gets way too much enjoyment out of talking about how dirtsheets get things wrong, to the point where it's just sad. He even does it when the information they post is totally factual. For example, even the seediest, least reliable sheets have been saying for months that Cody Rhodes doesn't want to be Stardust anymore, and he denied it. My favorite was him randomly taking an uncalled for shot at Colt Cabana, accusing him of "having never made it" or something along those lines. Of course he quickly backpedaled and said it wasn't directed at Colt even though it obviously was. I'm not going to scroll through 1,000s of pictures of his dog and his wife to dig this shit out just so people can pretend he was never an asshole and tell me I'm just "cherry picking" examples. The only reason I even know about these comments is because I remember them being discussed quite a bit when he posted them. The point is, Cody Rhodes is a little annoying and I just think it's kind of ironic that he spent all of that time going out of his way to shit on the indies and shill for WWE, and now he's going to have to make a living outside of WWE. That's all I was saying.

Crowley's the same dude who doesn't think a jobber has the right to want to accomplish more. I don't think anyone should be taking what he says seriously.

What are you talking about? I never said anything like that. I know you all want to rag on Crowley, but at least try to stay on topic.

Eh, at least he can defend his views well enough.

Politely defending your views with valid points and examples isn't good enough for these people. This section of the forum has had a raging hate boner for me ever since since Fastlane 2015 because I refused to accept that Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan was a +5 star match. lol Then I made a post about how I thought that Sasha Banks was a bit overrated, in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread mind you, and it's been downhill since. I respect people's passion for mediocre Roman Reigns matches, I just can't help but get mad when people resort to name calling, accuse me of saying things I never said, and blame the length of my posts for their poor reading comprehension. Here are a few classic examples.

It's Crowley, bro.

All great points, bro. *Censored* Crowley. You sure showed him with this post!

No. He can formulate proper sentences and write long paragraphs but it doesn't hide the stupidity.

If you don't want to read like two paragraphs, maybe you should stick to image boards or something? These kinds of posts are what these types of forums are designed for.

TLDR for those of you who don't like to/can't read.

My post wasn't in response to the things Cody Rhodes said in his statement on being released by WWE. It never was. Also, he's kind of a dick. I still like him though. He's a cool wrestler.

Edited by Crowley

Brandi Eden Rhodes posted the following on her website, explaining her WWE departure and what the future holds:

Free Yo Mind and the rest will follow. Ive loved that En Vogue song since I was a little girl.It just screams freedom and equality. The simple words express so much how I feel this morning heading back home to Texas.

Last night I announced my last match at Scope Arena in Norfolk, VAtrust me guys, Kevin Owens is sad as hell. Nobodys gonna hit the Ooooooowens like I could I mean, lets be honest. Hes a cool dude and I tried to express that in an announcement and you guys really got behind it. Thank you! But a little more on the who, what, when, where and WHY?!?!

Sohonestly? Ive been leaving for a couple of months now. The teasing tweets about the LA and NY things? Those were all very real. I have wanted to go for awhile and when I make up my mind, its difficult to talk me out of it. What I wanted to do was finish out my contract. It was set to end in 2 months. When my husband decided to go, it seemed silly to stay somewhere for 2 more months that I was already planning on leaving. So I asked WWE if we could push up the contract end date and they obliged. We parted amicably at the end of a contract. I have come full circle. The flexibility of my new gig is pretty nice. I essentially could start whenever I wantedand Ill begin in July. Right now Im just going to be enjoying my life with my family as we head into the next stage.

Butstill working. In entertainment we are always working. This is actually work right now. I am now able to earn a profit as a blogger (which I wasnt able to do before with WWE). The contract can be very restricting/limiting. I hate when a good deal floats by because someone tells me I cant do something. Theres money on the table and fun to be had, and I just cant?! Just because?! That just gets my goat. I cant be limited. I followed all of the rules growing up. Now in my 30s I cant be told what to do anymore. Im too creative and awesomely weird to hold that st in. So anyway, Im working. The blog, traveling for meetings. I can do multiple gigs now so Im blood thirsty and want to do everything! Im going hard in the paint as they say, and busting my tail.

Before you can read me youve got to learn how to see me. What does that mean to Brandi? It means I cant be Eden anymore. I admire my mother. Shes a hard working, smart, smart woman who never got a break. She has so many skills and creative ideas, but they never got to be appreciated. This one is partially for her. Ive got a hell of a body of work, as Dusty would say, and I cannot waste it. I cannot look back one day and sayI had all of this talent and ambition and I stood in the corner of a ring in the back, when I knew I could be in the front. Im going up front guys.

To my girlsIm sure Ill miss someone and I hate that. If youre my girl you know it so dont be weirdkeep that place afloat. Kick butt and take no prisoners. Be the shining stars you came here to be. Nattie keep being a beacon of light, Maryse stay sassy, Jojo tear up those anthems, Sasha stay bossy, Taminas my bh forever ha! Trin & Summer stay real, Emma and Becks keep your senses of humor, Lana keep asking too many questions and Charlotte DO YOUR JOB! WWE Make up divas are some of the best in the biz! Thanks all of you fab ladies, Leslie, Jackie & Ralinda especially. . Thanks to John Laurinaitis for discovering me back in 2011. He always said he thought I could be a star. Mark Carrano and Michael Cole thanks SO much for believing in me and helping me succeed as a ring announcer.

Thanks for the memories! All of my Eden fans, my fashionistas, my shoe divas, my model chicks, my friends. Thank you for the continued support, without all of your unwavering encouragement, I wouldnt have the utmost confidence going into these next phases of my life. I hope you all stay hungry, excited about your lives and empowered! Stay true to yourselves and always do the right thing. Always. It might not get you what you want right now, but it will get you what you need. The man upstairs, hes watching when no one else is. I believe that. Thats why I always throw my garbage away. Im for real. I cant leave garbage laying around because I know he sees that laziness haha! You laugh but, Brandi does NOT litter and Im a G For that! Until the next blog

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/brandi-eden-rhodes-explains-her-departure-in-lengthy-blog/

David Otunga keeps making the cut though. How!?

I could answer that, but I'm pretty sure you asked that before and ignored the answer. So I'm not going to do that.

But you can make a passive aggressive post acknowledging my question?

(Also it wasn't me that asked. I just happened to see him on a list of people on a Facebook post about people you wouldn't expect to still be employed with the WWE)