WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

It took serious balls to do what he did and did it in a really profound way. He is the man, and I bet his father would be proud of this letter.

I was always a fan of him, because just that..."he turned chicken shit into chicken salad", and he is a very smart and creative guy, with wrestling in his blood. I can see why they couldn't see him as a main event guy, but I think that's just because he was never given that great of a chance... that's the saddest part. He wasn't given a chance in that way. Many superstars were given and yet it turned out to be that they were more for midcard. That's fine. But damn...Cody breathed this stuff...

Good luck Cody!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OnBFKFF.jpg

That title is ugly as shit though

Ill take that over some generic flat plate with a humongous WWE logo over top of it any day. (the World and Womens titles)

That's like, one of the top looking belts they have right now and one of the best in history. I don't see how it's "ugly". Your opinion, but... :lol:

I mean, he obviously just doesn't like the look of it. I like the current Tag belts, A lot of people don't. I can see why they don't.

Cody Rhodes seems like such a prima donna. There are a lot of wrestlers in WWE that kind of fly under the radar and you dont see or hear much of them out of character. Then there are guys that have an online presence and interact with fans out of character, but seem really laid back and cool. Cody Rhodes is not one of those guys. Hes an entertaining wrestler, so I guess I dont have a problem with him. I just think its a shame that the only time I hear anything about him, its because he said something negative.

Based on his history, I still think there's a chance this is a work. For a guy who claims to be living his dream, he sure complains about the fans a lot. And for a guy who is like the ultimate WWE fanboy/shill, its too weird to see him go. Based on what hes said, he thinks hes too good to wrestle anywhere else, yet here he is making it sound like he'll still wrestle. Two Codys in Bullet Club could be cool. But theres also that chance that this is all a pointless work and it will just end with him tweeting about how clever he is for fooling those dumb marks on the internet. Maybe hell even cut an edgy shoot promo about how the dirtsheets were wrong or something. Thatll put some butts in the seats. If it was anybody other than Cody Rhodes, I probably wouldn't think this.

This is out of bounds. The guy doesn't say anything because he respects the business enough to stay quiet. He respected enough to play the role until realizing he deserved better. And he's a prima Donna for finally speaking his mind? Lately your posts have become rather "Austin"-like, not that they don't make sense, but some of your views are just wrong. He's far from a prima donna for saying what he said on his Twitter.

Anyway, its funny that he was aware that everyone thought he looked like default CAW early in his career. And to see how far hes come since then and how much hes grown, it isnt hard to agree with him. He deserved better than Stardust and he should have been a world champion by now. Good luck, Cody.

Cody Rhodes seems like such a prima donna. There are a lot of wrestlers in WWE that kind of fly under the radar and you dont see or hear much of them out of character. Then there are guys that have an online presence and interact with fans out of character, but seem really laid back and cool. Cody Rhodes is not one of those guys. Hes an entertaining wrestler, so I guess I dont have a problem with him. I just think its a shame that the only time I hear anything about him, its because he said something negative.

Based on his history, I still think there's a chance this is a work. For a guy who claims to be living his dream, he sure complains about the fans a lot. And for a guy who is like the ultimate WWE fanboy/shill, its too weird to see him go. Based on what hes said, he thinks hes too good to wrestle anywhere else, yet here he is making it sound like he'll still wrestle. Two Codys in Bullet Club could be cool. But theres also that chance that this is all a pointless work and it will just end with him tweeting about how clever he is for fooling those dumb marks on the internet. Maybe hell even cut an edgy shoot promo about how the dirtsheets were wrong or something. Thatll put some butts in the seats. If it was anybody other than Cody Rhodes, I probably wouldn't think this.

This is out of bounds. The guy doesn't say anything because he respects the business enough to stay quiet. He respected enough to play the role until realizing he deserved better. And he's a prima Donna for finally speaking his mind? Lately your posts have become rather "Austin"-like, not that they don't make sense, but some of your views are just wrong. He's far from a prima donna for saying what he said on his Twitter.

Anyway, its funny that he was aware that everyone thought he looked like default CAW early in his career. And to see how far hes come since then and how much hes grown, it isnt hard to agree with him. He deserved better than Stardust and he should have been a world champion by now. Good luck, Cody.

100% true here. His 2011 Dashing and Undashing runs all showcased what Cody was capable of. Not to mention all that momentum he had in the feud with Sandow and WWE just threw it all to the side.

Cody looked like an absolute star against Rady Orton at the start of the Rhodes Family story

He's literally looked like a star for most of his career up until Stardust (even though he knocked that outta the park too). I will never understand why he never got a main event push, he was more than ready and so easy to get behind as a face or a heel. Such wasted star power. I wouldn't be surprised if other people follow him out. At this point I wouldn't mind Dolph eating elsewhere.

I can easily see ROH in Cody's future too.

Well, Rose shouldn't have beat up his wife I guess.

Gotta feel bad for him tbh, after being potentially incorrectly suspended and then some personal trouble. Hope he can sort his life out ASAP and get back on the saddle.

edit: He requested it? huh weird. He would probably have been fired anyway, so I guess it's better for him to say he quit, then get fired.

Edited by Muur