WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just last week, former Total Divas star Cameron, real name Ariane Andrew, was released from WWE alongside names such as Damien Sandow, King Barrett, Hornswoggle and Santino Marella.

A recent report shared by WrestlingInc. shed light on why the former Funkadactyl was released from her contract. The report reads:

“It was reported that Cameron was not on the internal list of releases but she got cut anyway. Cameron’s tweet in support of Ryback’s “equal pay” blog was seen as a major political mistake internally. She took the tweet down but the damage had been done.”

Andrew had also commented on her release earlier this week via a TwitLonger post.

http://www.diva-dirt.com/123160/camerons-wwe-release-explained/

Just last week, former Total Divas star Cameron, real name Ariane Andrew, was released from WWE alongside names such as Damien Sandow, King Barrett, Hornswoggle and Santino Marella.

A recent report shared by WrestlingInc. shed light on why the former Funkadactyl was released from her contract. The report reads:

It was reported that Cameron was not on the internal list of releases but she got cut anyway. Camerons tweet in support of Rybacks equal pay blog was seen as a major political mistake internally. She took the tweet down but the damage had been done.

Andrew had also commented on her release earlier this week via a TwitLonger post.

http://www.diva-dirt.com/123160/camerons-wwe-release-explained/

That's the best thing she's ever done, albeit unintentionally.

I would love for Lillian to be released. Not for any harsh or personal reasons...just because I really have never cared for her announcing style. Even Jojo is better than her, and she's been around for a negligible amount of time. Best of luck to her sick family though.

WWE's reason for releasing Sandow is dumb

Not really if they had no intention of using him and have no people coming in

To change up the roster though? Weird logic to use when firing someone, unless Sandow wasn't contributing anything at all since his hiring, and I'm pretty sure given the majority of IWC's salivating over him, he did contribute something.

Could have easily changed his character or something, as they miserably tried to do

Yeah. I actually agree. Better reason than saying "He just doesn't have it" or that they "tried anything they could with him and it's just not working".

To change up the roster though? Weird logic to use when firing someone, unless Sandow wasn't contributing anything at all since his hiring, and I'm pretty sure given the majority of IWC's salivating over him, he did contribute something.

Could have easily changed his character or something, as they miserably tried to do

Could have been the mouthpiece for the Vaudevillains turn him heel and refer to him as MANdow, start up a Gentlemen's Fisticuff faction with them and Cesaro.

There's a lot they could have did with Sandow but chose not to for whatever reason. My guess is he spoke up to a WWE official during the Miz story or feud and they didn't like it so they messed him up.

So much for that Brass ring being reachable.

So a female star is going to be released......most likely it'll be Summer Rae or Rosa Mendes. Don't know why people on other sites think it'll be Sasha, just because she hasn't been used much since WM 32. That's not happening unless she completely screws up. The WWE sees Sasha probably as the mainstream women's star that they have been wanting for years.

Christian has been released from his performers contract so i guess that's his unofficial retirement, probably the most underrated star, but still hopefully he gets into the HOF next year

He's already officially retired.

Christian has been released from his performers contract so i guess that's his unofficial retirement, probably the most underrated star, but still hopefully he gets into the HOF next year

He's already officially retired.

Nope, he hasn't. He said in a recent interview that he hasn't officially retired but due to his concussions doesn't expect to wrestle again.

Former WWE Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella appeared on the Another Wrestling Podcast this week to discuss his recent WWE release, as seen above. Marella said that he was "shocked" by his release, because there was always talk of him returning on-screen in a non-physical role.

"Yeah, I guess I was shocked, because there was always talk about when I come back I was gonna take a non-physical role, like maybe there was a little chatter about being a GM and I even suggested perhaps a manager if anybody needed one," Marella said (h/t to CageSideSeats for the transcription. "But yeah, I guess they changed their mind."

Despite being surprised, Santino noted that he now feels excited about the future.

"It's interesting, it's a strange phenomenon you know. A little bit of 'wow, it's over' and then like 'wow, that was awesome' you know 'what's gonna be next' worried and then this sense of kind of freedom and just this weight, because, you know you commit. And you're a part of the team and you're... I don't want to say the own you, but they kind of own you. There's certain opportunities you'll have to let go cause you're with them, so now I don't have those obstacles any more."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0513/611703/former-wwe-star-was-shocked-by-his-release/