WWE Releases Discussion

Bushy.

Not surprised by any of these releases. I imagine we'll see Sandow, Barrett and possibly Riley in TNA or LU. In fact Barrett would be great in LU.

The rest I'm not bothered about. Cameron never deserved to be in the WWE in the first place, I was a big fan of Santino but with his in ring career over he's limited to what he can bring to the table, and the rest are just extras.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ryder, Tamina or Swagger next on the list.

These are quite the random names, considering one of them is heavily featured across all WWE programming and still selling alot merchandise, another one is injured and the third one just signed a new deal with the company...
Tamina seems out dated in today's Womens division. She doesn't have the look or character of a Diva, and she doesn't have much to brag about in the ring.

I wasn't aware Swagger had just signed a new contract. That's surprising since he's used to sparingly.

The Zack Ryder suggestion was only made in hopes of getting RyderFan to flip his shit for my own amusement.

Edited by TheNotoriousOne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great news about Sandow. He is one of those guys that is going to completely reinvent himself in another promotion.

Dutch Mantel is obviously a good booker but if he's still interested in being an on air character, I'd like to see the Zeb character return on LU. I think he'd be a great fit.

As for Wade Barrett, as much as I'd like to think he's going to show up in Progress or the BOLA, I have a suspicion he's done with wrestling. He said he's going to take a break from it today, but I'm afraid his heart might not be in it anymore. Same goes for Orton. If he really is gone, I don't think we're going to see La Vibora in the temple.

The other releases are boring. Hopefully there are still some good ones to come. Someone like Dolph Ziggler or Hideo Itami would be glorious, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

"Glorious" :lol: it is fun news to read

Cameron will never find work in any other major wrestling organization. Calling it. She might do some gym appearances for smaller feds (if she can bring herself to accept that it's all she can get...which she probably can't).

Which is a shame because while she may not be the best person in-ring, she's great at portraying a character and could do wonders in a non-wrestling role.

I'm pretty sure she's just a stupid bitch without "portraying" anything...

So that's two of Miz's protégés gone, Riley & Sandow. FFS

well, there's a lesson to be learned. DON'T GET ASSOCIATED WITH THE MIZ LOL

Truth.

He tried to help Neville too. I think we need a supercut of everyone Miz has tried to help either getting released or injured.

Edited by Generations

Not surprised by any of these releases. I imagine we'll see Sandow, Barrett and possibly Riley in TNA or LU. In fact Barrett would be great in LU.

The rest I'm not bothered about. Cameron never deserved to be in the WWE in the first place, I was a big fan of Santino but with his in ring career over he's limited to what he can bring to the table, and the rest are just extras.

These are quite the random names, considering one of them is heavily featured across all WWE programming and still selling alot merchandise, another one is injured and the third one just signed a new deal with the company...
Tamina seems out dated in today's Womens division. She doesn't have the look or character of a Diva, and she doesn't have much to brag about in the ring.

I wasn't aware Swagger had just signed a new contract. That's surprising since he's used to sparingly.

The Zack Ryder suggestion was only made in hopes of getting RyderFan to flip his shit for my own amusement.

Ain't gonna work. I'd love it if Zack was released and could showcase his talent elsewhere.

I almost forgot Sandow had the MITB briefcase at one point and ended up having a great match with John Cena when he cashed in. It seriously sucks to see him go.
No one could have expected the Mizdow thing to get so over with the crowd, and to think that it resulted in a tag-team championship run. *Sigh*.

Cameron will never find work in any other major wrestling organization. Calling it. She might do some gym appearances for smaller feds (if she can bring herself to accept that it's all she can get...which she probably can't).

Which is a shame because while she may not be the best person in-ring, she's great at portraying a character and could do wonders in a non-wrestling role.

Gen speaks the truth.

Zack Gowen was great at portraying a wrestler with one leg, because he was a wrestler with one leg.

Cameron was great at portraying a stupid bitch, because she was a stupid bitch.

Gen speaks the truth.

Zack Gowen was great at portraying a wrestler with one leg, because he was a wrestler with one leg.

I love how we all see eye to eye here

"Doesn't have the look or character of a Diva"

And that's supposed to be something bad?

She is doing fine as an enforcer.

I'm worried about Itami. He's been out longer than he wrestled in NXT, and now they have Shinsuke who has probably surpassed all of their expectations and is a much bigger name in the Japan market they're trying to corner.

They wouldn't release Itami.

He definitely lost a lot of the shine he came in with...but he'll be back. And Itami vs Nakamura would be a barn burner. Anyway, Itami and Nakamura are vastly different talents. People need to stop drawing comparisons just because they're both Asian. That's like saying "We don't need Apollo Crews because we have Shelton Benjamin".

Edited by Generations

Gen speaks the truth.

Really? When exactly did she act stupid?

"Doesn't have the look or character of a Diva"

And that's supposed to be something bad?

She is doing fine as an enforcer.

Mehhh... To me she just looks like an angry mom who participates in wrestling matches for fun in her spare time after she's dropped the kids off at school.

Gen speaks the truth.

Really? When exactly did she act stupid?

xnt4l5.jpg

Signed a new deal? FFS get rid of the prune already!

If anyone on NXT should go, I'd say Sawyer Fulton, he's really not been used all that much & when he has, he's had a few different looks.

Also, Angelo Dawkins, things don't look too promising for him.

The other releases are boring. Hopefully there are still some good ones to come. Someone like Dolph Ziggler or Hideo Itami would be glorious, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

"Glorious" :lol: it is fun news to read

I'm worried about Itami. He's been out longer than he wrestled in NXT, and now they have Shinsuke who has probably surpassed all of their expectations and is a much bigger name in the Japan market they're trying to corner.

I would cry tears of joy.

If KENTA ended up in NJPW instead of NXT, he probably would have been a midcard, Jr. Heavyweight guy. But now? I guarantee you they'd repackage all 5'9, 182 lbs of him as a heavyweight main eventer.

They wouldn't release Itami.

He definitely lost a lot of the shine he came in with...but he'll be back. And Itami vs Nakamura would be a barn burner. Anyway, Itami and Nakamura are vastly different talents. People need to stop drawing comparisons just because they're both Asian. That's like saying "We don't need Apollo Crews because we have Shelton Benjamin".

I know that they're different talents, but with how WWE has treated Asian talents in the past it's not too out there.

Remember all of those reports of WWE looking for their next big Latino star? There are markets for that. Rey Mysterio, for example, was WWE Mattel's 2nd biggest seller right under Cena. WWE left a lot of money on the table with Rey leaving and that's why they were desperately trying to replace him.

With Itami/Shinsuke, it seems like WWE is trying to bridge the big Asian superstar market, but Shinsuke has a much more magnetic personality than Itami and he can supersede that and legit be a big star regardless. Everything about Shinsuke is appealing to the American audience.

It sounds weird, but this stuff does exist and WWE profits from having certain superstars. Like Khali and the Indian market that we always joke about.

It sucks for Itami because when he was signed, WWE was still changing everything about people who came in. If he came in now, he'd get to be KENTA from NOAH and would have been much better off.

Edited by Omēga