Best ROH shows '14-'16

JDogg14

Not a big ROH fan but anything they do with NJPW is pretty good. They've been doing joint shows for a few years now that should be on their site. Their names escape me but a Google search would find them.

If you haven't seen older ROH stuff I would recommend some of their comps as well. Ring Of Hardcore and Japans Finest turned me into a Ring Of Honor fan.

All of the Global Wars and War of The Worlds events are worth checking out, if you haven't seen them yet.

War of the Worlds 2014 is one of the best wrestling shows of 2014 in general. I highly recommend that one. Final Battle 2014 was also great.

I think it was easier to point out the best ROH shows before they had the TV show because almost every event came to DVD with a distinct name and theme. Now most shows are only available to view on their website and every event that isn't a pay-per-view is just a generic TV taping with matches that will appear on up to four different episodes, so it gets confusing. For example, I can tell you Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Roderick Strong from last year was an outstanding match, but I have no clue what episode that was on.

Pretty sure I saw Nakamura vs Strong on one of the DVDs while I was browsing. Couldn't tell you which one without looking. The global wars and war of the worlds are a few of my next to gets. And I was looking at final battle 2014 also so good to hear that ones good.

Pretty sure I saw Nakamura vs Strong on one of the DVDs while I was browsing. Couldn't tell you which one without looking. The global wars and war of the worlds are a few of my next to gets. And I was looking at final battle 2014 also so good to hear that ones good.

I knew the match took place at Global Wars 2015, Night 2. But the last few times I checked, night 2 wasn't available on DVD for some reason even though night 1 was. Both are on there now. I think they must wait until after all of the matches air on TV. Still no idea what episode of the TV show it was either.

Nice. When did you stop watching? In my opinion, 2005-2008 ROH was some of the best wrestling ever. I think they started to struggle a bit after that. Aside from the Steen vs. Generico feud, the tail end of the Age of The Fall storyline, and maybe a couple of other things, the Jim Cornette years weren't anywhere near as good.

It's been great lately though. Putting more effort into the characters/stories, working with New Japan, and Sinclair boosting their production values has made a world of difference.

I'd say probably around like mid to the ending of my high school years maybe. I kinda stopped watching wrestling all around just because it seemed like it was getting worse. So that was like somewhere I'd say 2011-2013. I had breakout 2008 and man up 2007 I remember which I thought were both great. And a couple compilations one with whatever the team was with homicide in the early ROH days. As well as a couple other early day DVDs I can't remember. Unfortunately they don't have anything before like 2011 on the website now.

Recently I got one of the Tyler black compilation DVDs which has back to when age of the fall debut. Plan on getting the Austin Aries dvd too.

Archived