Spike suggests new Fire Pro Wrestling game!

Crowley

I'll be honest though, I wouldn't mind too much if they decided to do away with the angled icometric view in a new one. Keep the amazing customization for sure (hell, if it did well perhaps 2K would take pointers there), but the camera angle always kinda turned me off of it.

Why change something that isn't broken?

I already explained why I personally wouldn't mind, but "wouldn't mind" and "actively want" is not the same thing.

I'll be honest though, I wouldn't mind too much if they decided to do away with the angled icometric view in a new one. Keep the amazing customization for sure (hell, if it did well perhaps 2K would take pointers there), but the camera angle always kinda turned me off of it.

Why change something that isn't broken?

I already explained why I personally wouldn't mind, but "wouldn't mind" and "actively want" is not the same thing.

Still tho we already seen what happens when they try a fire pro game without the isometric view.

Still tho we already seen what happens when they try a fire pro game without the isometric view.

Iron Slam and the Avatar game were 3d games. Spike/Human did HAL Wrestling for the Gameboy using the Fire Pro system and it had a regular perspective. Burning Pro Wrestling for the SNES was also a Fire Pro ripoff which also had a regular perspective. The isometric perspective of Fire Pro doesn't change the gameplay. The only reason they used it (and the reason people used the isometric perspective in the beginning) was to give depth to 2d sprites.

^The thing for non-FPW fans is that if you aren't willing to spend countless hours making caws, and you don't enjoy the gameplay, then it is a pretty awful game. The caw mode in other wrestling games wasn't as advanced, but you could make someone really quick, and the gameplay was more traditional and enjoyable. I still enjoy No Mercy and the way you can just start it up and start playing right away with ease.

I wasn't really a Fire Pro fan when I first got FPR. I had heard about the previous games, because somehow I ended up becoming really fond of the FPC forum, and the way those guys would talk about Fire Pro and the AKI New Japan games, I decided to check it out once I found FPR in a gamestop. So the customization thing took a while to get used to, at first I didn't get it, so I wasn't all that into it. But I still liked the fact that you could manage to create pretty much anyone and make a 85% likeness of the person. So that part kept my interest, and even on default, when youre new to it, watching the matches was fun. Then I began to learn how people were having these long ass sims and matches ending how they're supposed to with multiple pinfalls and finishers and such. And others effectively creating jobbers who'd be pinned by a stronger computer in a matter of a few minutes, and I learned this was all due to the logic system, and began using it myself, it was overwhelming, but I started with just regular templates first, then got deeper into it and started to differentiate my wrestlers more, and only then is when I grew to actually love it. It definitely takes some getting used to, but I think anyone who gives it enough time, without giving up on it, will eventually find some appreciation in the game and it's options.

There's a Chikara game coming out that looks like it could be pretty fun. I'd prefer 2D Fire Pro, but I wouldn't mind a 3D one that looks like this as long as the same logic, AI, and movesets were still there.

Way to cartoonish for me. I know that's kinda Chikaras gimmick, but still.

Archived