Spike suggests new Fire Pro Wrestling game!

Crowley

The creators of Fire Pro Wrestling are asking fans if they'd like to see the series revived. An online petition has been posted.

"I'm getting bodyslammed by Fire Pro Wrestling fans! Let me hear the crowd: Do you want a revival?" - Spike Chunsoft

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/723047151933132800

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/181/676/397/fire-pro-wrestling/?taf_id=24360869&cid=twitter

By the way, I know caws.ws has a section specifically for discussing this series, but it's completely dead and no one will ever see it there.

I didn't play it much way back when, so a revival would definitely peak my interest. I'd also like to see a return of (with an english release) the ASPW series.

FPW Returns is by far the best wrestling game ever made in my opinion. It's fun, fast paced, arcadey, and most importantly, very challenging. When it comes to the AI and deep customizable logic for each wrestler, the game is unbeatable. So many of the matches I play in the game end up feeling like an epic WrestleKingdom main event. It originally came out in 2005 but it's still the only wrestling game that I play on a regular basis. I would gladly settle for another rerelease on PS4, but even a slightly updated version with a couple new features would be a dream come true for me.

Keep the signatures coming, guys. Spread the word. Who knows if it will make a difference, but it certainly doesn't hurt. I think the fact that Spike acknowledged us and the petition is a really good sign. I've got my fingers crossed!

I never saw why FPW is so loved by everyone. It looks like I'd get sick of playing it after a while. What was so good about it?

Before the WWE games offered all of the current creation modes, it was basically the most in-depth wrestling game when it came to creating content. It also had a very basic and old school approach to the actual gameplay, which appeals to people for reasons of nostalgia and whatnot. It's just a great game. Addicting as hell, and definitely not quick to grow tired of. The controls take some getting used to...(even things like menus feel weird to begin with)...but once you figure everything out, it's an incredibly addicting game. I actually gave my copy of Fire Pro Returns to a friend, but I ripped it to my computer first.

But seriously...with modern features (like an online creation sharing community), this series would be insane. If they make a new entry and they have a creation community like 2K does, I will be all over it. I mean...people used to put custom logos into this game one pixel at a time. That's how loved this game was.

Are these the same guys that made J Stars? Sorry, but I just can't let that go no matter how hard I try.

After browsing wikipedia, it seems like the answer is yes and no.

The game you mentioned seems to be developed by Spike Chunsoft...which is one single developer (the combination of the two developers...Spike and Chunsoft). The Fire Pro series was originally developed solely by Spike...not Spike Chunsoft. However, since Spike no longer exists as a solo brand...then, yes...it seems like a new Fire Pro game would be handled by Spike Chunsoft.

But maybe they would have sense enough to let whatever Spike people they have work on the game and focus on the original feel of the series, rather than making it an abortion of a game like this was:

41xgQMJ.jpg

(Even though that abortion was created by solo Spike anyway)

I never saw why FPW is so loved by everyone. It looks like I'd get sick of playing it after a while. What was so good about it?

Before the WWE games offered all of the current creation modes, it was basically the most in-depth wrestling game when it came to creating content. It also had a very basic and old school approach to the actual gameplay, which appeals to people for reasons of nostalgia and whatnot. It's just a great game. Addicting as hell, and definitely not quick to grow tired of. The controls take some getting used to...(even things like menus feel weird to begin with)...but once you figure everything out, it's an incredibly addicting game. I actually gave my copy of Fire Pro Returns to a friend, but I ripped it to my computer first.

But seriously...with modern features (like an online creation sharing community), this series would be insane. If they make a new entry and they have a creation community like 2K does, I will be all over it. I mean...people used to put custom logos into this game one pixel at a time. That's how loved this game was.

Fire Pro was the best game in for a while since we use to get so many shiity wrestling games until THQ/AKI games came out. We had some good ones like Pro-Wrestling and Tecmo World Wrestling on NES. The WWF NES games were blah, WCW Nes game was ok same goes for the three 16 bit era WWF games. WCW Superbrawl Wrestling sucks balls.

The customization options still blows todays games out of the water. Not the options themselves, but what they allowed you to do when creating wrestlers, you can essentially make a lifelike in-game 2D duplicate that will actually play like how they would wrestle, in real life. The fact that you could even create a custom referee type, make him a face or a heel, by giving him the ability to count fairly throughout, or count slower or faster on countouts and pinfalls. All of this made for exceptional simulations and CPU v. CPU matches, something that can't seem to be duplicated today, whether it's 2k or THQ. The game is awesome, and is easily my favorite wrestling game that I've ever played. Wish I still had my copy, along with my ps2, but I regrettably left both things behind when I moved a few years ago. So I'd welcome a new Fire Pro with open arms. And I mean a real Fire Pro, not that XBL bullshit.

^The thing for non-FPW fans is that if you aren't willing to spend countless hours making caws, and you don't enjoy the gameplay, then it is a pretty awful game. The caw mode in other wrestling games wasn't as advanced, but you could make someone really quick, and the gameplay was more traditional and enjoyable. I still enjoy No Mercy and the way you can just start it up and start playing right away with ease.

I'll be honest though, I wouldn't mind too much if they decided to do away with the angled icometric view in a new one. Keep the amazing customization for sure (hell, if it did well perhaps 2K would take pointers there), but the camera angle always kinda turned me off of it.

I'll be honest though, I wouldn't mind too much if they decided to do away with the angled icometric view in a new one. Keep the amazing customization for sure (hell, if it did well perhaps 2K would take pointers there), but the camera angle always kinda turned me off of it.

Why change something that isn't broken?

Archived