WrestleCon incidents during WM32 weekend

"There were two incidents at the WrestleCon indie convention in Dallas during WrestleMania 32 weekend - one involving Karen Jarrett and Lucha Underground's Melissa Santos, the other involving former WWE talent Stacy "The Kat" Carter and Tessa Blanchard, daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Tully Blanchard.

No word on what caused the incident between Tessa, who recently appeared on WWE NXT TV against Nia Jax, and Carter, Jerry Lawler's ex-wife but it had something to do with Carter telling Tessa she wasn't showing respect. Word is that the argument would've ended in a fight but Tessa's boyfriend Ricochet stepped in as the peacemaker.

Santos was complaining about not having a chair to sit in and somehow Karen, who was criticized by many in attendance, spat on her, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. This led to an argument and observers thought they were about to come to blows but things calmed down.

There was also a minor incident with Jeff Jarrett and Brian Knobbs. It was said to be a half-hearted incident where Jarrett shoved Knobbs but his balance was so bad that he fell. This led to the hotel putting a security officer in the lobby for the rest of the weekend and a sign about no horseplay."

Source LOP

Poor Melissa Santos, has wrestlers yelling at her at PWG shows and now this.

I remember seeing that at BOLA and I didn't understand that. PWG are the smarkiest of the smarks, so why did they shit on her?

Anyways, Derek from the Steel Cage podcast talked about the Melissa Santos at WrestleCon stuff a little bit on the Minutes With The Mayor episode he did. He was talking to her at the convention and trying to cheer her up so he explained it a little bit.

Oh i didn't know the fans did it but Roderick Strong did it before the match and she was visibly rattled. He grabbed the microphone from her, complained about her announcing then threw the microphone at her chest and she took a bit to make the next announcement. Even commentary was confused.

I remember seeing that at BOLA and I didn't understand that. PWG are the smarkiest of the smarks, so why did they shit on her?

Anyways, Derek from the Steel Cage podcast talked about the Melissa Santos at WrestleCon stuff a little bit on the Minutes With The Mayor episode he did. He was talking to her at the convention and trying to cheer her up so he explained it a little bit.

It wasn't the fans, it was the wrestlers themselves, and the commentary team, Excalibur and Chuck Taylor (I think that's who they are) were clowning on her too. I think Pentagon even got on her too for pronouncing his name wrong or some shit.

And who's the first to say Tessa Blanchard was disrespectful? Respect is big in the wrestling business, if she has a rep of being disrespectful, I'm surprised she even got to appear on NXT.

Oh i didn't know the fans did it but Roderick Strong did it before the match and she was visibly rattled. He grabbed the microphone from her, complained about her announcing then threw the microphone at her chest and she took a bit to make the next announcement. Even commentary was confused.

What a heel

It wasn't the fans, it was the wrestlers themselves, and the commentary team, Excalibur and Chuck Taylor (I think that's who they are) were clowning on her too. I think Pentagon even got on her too for pronouncing his name wrong or some shit.

And who's the first to say Tessa Blanchard was disrespectful? Respect is big in the wrestling business, if she has a rep of being disrespectful, I'm surprised she even got to appear on NXT.

That's weird that Pentagon would do that seeing as they work together in LU. Maybe she doesn't get along with people backstage.

I've heard that she's pissed off a lot of people in her short time in the wrestling business. Wouldn't surprise me if she has a sense of entitlement due to who her father/step-father are. I feel like they're also a big reason as to why she got that shot with NXT and why she'll eventually be signed. She's good for someone a few years in but I don't consider her to be a top star or anything IMO.

Archived