Default move-sets

LordParbr

Sometimes I'm impressed by the attention to detail in these games, then other times it's like they've never seen a match in their lives. This is about the latter.

Default move-sets in these games are always atrocious. Stone Cold FINALLY has a decent stunner. That used to be a huge problem. They always do Goldberg's sigs and Fins wrong (he usually used the Spear to set up for the Jackhammer. He rarely only did one or the other, so you either have to build up 2 finishers or make the corner Spear a sig.) Neither Kane, Taker, or Show have Table Chokeslam as their announce table breaker. Paige doesn't even have the OMG moment, despite Ram-Paige being an option. Some wrestlers have Second Finisher and just have the same one in both slots anyway. The Baseball Slide is considered a springboard for a reason I'll never understand. Which means I usually end up giving a bunch of wrestlers springboard dives just for the slide. We still can't recreate the moment when the ring collapse ACTUALLY happened (Lesnar superplexing Big Show) because you need 2 superheavyweights for it for no good reason. It's so tedious to have to adjust everyone's move-set to fix these things.

I know, it's extremely annoying. They have a standing Attitude Adjustment OMG moment (one where he doesn't go on the table) yet they don't even put it as the default? It's way better than the default one.

Dean Ambrose has the Regal Stretch as his signature, like What? I know he used it in FCW, but shouldn't this be based on his current moveset? Did they completely forget his top rope elbow drop?

And anyway, his Elbow Drop doesn't even have a pin combo, so it's not even accurate.

yeah it's sheer laziness on Yukes' part.

sometimes i'll find myself browsing the moveslist and seeing something that much better suits a superstar compared to what they have as a default, like there's a tombstone, i think it might be called 'reverse kneeling piledriver' or something, it's one where they lift them into a tombstone position move their hands sharply to get a better grip, then drop to their knees quickly. i was like "that's f*cking old school Kane all over!" but did he have it as his finisher? did he f*ck.

also the duplicate finishers annoy me, like Shane McMahon had coast to coast twice as his finisher instead of, oh i don't know maybe a diving elbow drop? lol

That's Finlays Tombstone, and imo doesn't look good for Kane. So, sorta figures why its not on him by default. I like to call that the "wcw tombstone" cus Finlay, Regal, Benoit, Sting etc all done it exactly like that.

I think it,more about time then laziness

This. The demand to put out an annual release, especially when we keep finding issues that also need attention, must take a toll. I think that the feature to edit/download move sets was done to benefit them and us. I personally don't mind editing moves ( one of the first things I look at upon purchase) and better still when the likes of our good man AgeofSandow goes to work on them.

So, inaccurate default movests? Not a problem.

My biggest beef with the default move-sets that it seems in this year game 1, unless you have your own submission move everyone has the same, 2, seems like i believe its the armbar grapple everyone pretty much has the same moves. And my biggest beef is that a few years ago they add where now clicking left and clicking right were suppose to be two different moves so you can have more moves, now they last two years both left and right are again just the same move. I hope next year it gets a little better but that doesn't usually happen.

I think it,more about time then laziness

This. The demand to put out an annual release, especially when we keep finding issues that also need attention, must take a toll. I think that the feature to edit/download move sets was done to benefit them and us. I personally don't mind editing moves ( one of the first things I look at upon purchase) and better still when the likes of our good man AgeofSandow goes to work on them.

So, inaccurate default movests? Not a problem.

Comepared to other stuff in the game no there. Not

My biggest beef with the default move-sets that it seems in this year game 1, unless you have your own submission move everyone has the same, 2, seems like i believe its the armbar grapple everyone pretty much has the same moves. And my biggest beef is that a few years ago they add where now clicking left and clicking right were suppose to be two different moves so you can have more moves, now they last two years both left and right are again just the same move. I hope next year it gets a little better but that doesn't usually happen.

Remember it's basically a new engine, so it's not a case of them "removing" things, more a case of they've not yet been built into the new engine - so hopefully these improve over time.

I want a new Sweet Chin Music animation though, I've never seen anyone sell it like that, and it's a pain to pin people as they always land by the ropes.

im probably the only person that realized that they gave Buddy Murphy a new DLC springboard forearm move.......but its actually Wesley Blake that did that move, not Murphy

They gave Aiden English & Simon Gotch pretty much the same moveset. Aiden english has a ton of european uppercuts, despite him never having done one in any of the 60 matches of his i watched.

Big Cass doesn't have the Corner Jumping Body SPlash....that he does in every match.

if ur not using my movesets. Ur making a huge mistake tbh

im probably the only person that realized that they gave Buddy Murphy a new DLC springboard forearm move.......but its actually Wesley Blake that did that move, not Murphy

They gave Aiden English & Simon Gotch pretty much the same moveset. Aiden english has a ton of european uppercuts, despite him never having done one in any of the 60 matches of his i watched.

Big Cass doesn't have the Corner Jumping Body SPlash....that he does in every match.

do you edit most of the superstars to more realistic movesets (including taunts)?

do i just find them under your PSN id?

do you edit most of the superstars to more realistic movesets (including taunts)?

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/470720-east-coast-movesets-vaudevillainsenzo-cass/

my movesets are the most accurate available.....and its not even close.

how long does it take you to do one guy

it varies. Mostly determined by the file size of the moveset notes i have for a person.

ie; My Cesaro file is 42 KB.......but my file for Colin Cassady is 5 KB

So the smaller file wrestlers i can bang out in a day.....maybe 3 in a day if i have all day and all 3 are small file wrestlers/divas. And thats just actually making the moveset.

typing the formula out takes at least 30 mins each. DVR'ing it from my XB1...uploading to OneDrive...then uploading to Youtube can take 20 mins each

A guy like Cesaro or Rollins who i have large files for can take days.....a week even.

I've been working on Miz for a couple days right now... I wish i could have the whole roster done by now. But im only about 40 something in. To do this right and make them accurate takes time.

as an example.....the number of matches my recent Vaudvillains movesets were based on (matches i watched, took notes on, and used those notes to create the moveset)

Simon Gotch-------at least 57 matches

Aiden English-----at least 60 matches

granted most of those were the same matches, since they are a tag team. But not all. Almost 20 of the English matches were singles matches.....and at least 10 of the Simon Gotch matches were singles matches from when he was Ryan Drago on the indies.

so if anybodies made a better Vaudvillains moveset than me....they would've had to watch 60+ Simon Gotch matches and 70+ Aiden English matches.

which would be pretty difficult considering i watched every single televised NXT/WWE match they had. And every indie match available online. So they would have to have some secret stash of FCW DVDs that i don't have access to

shame they're all in txt format, i was hoping they were actually uploaded to CC, also i like variety so not a fan of any duplicate moves.

it varies. Mostly determined by the file size of the moveset notes i have for a person.

So the smaller file wrestlers i can bang out in a day.....maybe 3 in a day if i have all day and all 3 are small file wrestlers/divas. And thats just actually making the moveset.

typing the formula out takes at least 30 mins each. DVR'ing it from my XB1...uploading to OneDrive...then uploading to Youtube can take 20 mins each

A guy like Cesaro or Rollins who i have large files for can take days.....a week even.

I've been working on Miz for a couple days right now... I wish i could have the whole roster done by now. But im only about 40 something in. To do this right and make them accurate takes time.

as an example.....the number of matches my recent Vaudvillains movesets were based on (matches i watched, took notes on, and used those notes to create the moveset)

granted most of those were the same matches, since they are a tag team. But not all. Almost 20 of the English matches were singles matches.....and at least 10 of the Simon Gotch matches were singles matches from when he was Ryan Drago on the indies.

so if anybodies made a better Vaudvillains moveset than me....they would've had to watch 60+ Simon Gotch matches and 70+ Aiden English matches.

which would be pretty difficult considering i watched every single televised NXT/WWE match they had. And every indie match available online. So they would have to have some secret stash of FCW DVDs that i don't have access to

Thought so that why I say 2k not lazy they just can't afford to spend that much time on guys movesets

shame they're all in txt format, i was hoping they were actually uploaded to CC, also i like variety so not a fan of any duplicate moves.

they are on CC too. I only make accurate movesets. I don't add extra moves that a wrestler doesn't do, just to make them "fun" or whatever. If u want inaccurate movesets w/ a bunch of powerbombs etc.....pretty much every other moveset maker does that already.

maybe its not exciting that my Enzo moveset only has 1 grapple move, repeated in every front grapple slot . But its accurate. I watched EVERY single match that Enzo has had......and the only grapple move he has ever done was a Shoulder Jawbreaker.

So anybody making Enzo movesets w/ suplexes, body slams etc....it might be a more fun moveset, but its just as inaccurate and bad as using the default 2K sets.

Thought so that why I say 2k not lazy they just can't afford to spend that much time on guys movesets

its a little from column A...and a little from column B. Movesets take a long time to do.....and they would have to have a team of ppl working on just movesets to make them accurate for 120 ppl on the roster.

but it is also laziness, when wrestlers are missing moves/taunts that are still in the game.....they're given the wrong version of a move etc. Mind you....these people have been creating movesets for wrestlers like HHH/Rock/Austin/Kane/Taker/HBK for decades. They should those perfected by now. And those are some of the worst in the game.

Even before the Network, they had full access to the WWE library. Yet we've seen time and time again that they choose to just use Top Moves vids on Youtube instead. Which is evidenced by why we got the wrong version of Bruno's Canadian Backbreaker (the only version on youtube was in his top moves vid, in which he did a botched version to giant baba....and thats the one that was mo-capped)

Fire Pro and Aki wrestling games managed to have very accurate movesets. So where theres a will theres a way

• 2 weeks later...

Random, @ageofsandow

Your creations/movesets are a blessing.

But yeah, its so outdated. Ambroses knee for example. Haven't seen him do that for years.

I give Wyatt the Spinning Reverse STO (I think its called), basically his fast Sister Abigail he does without kissing.

I change Brock lesnar, to every german suplex available. All he basically does

Seth Rollins frog splash and pedigree.

Also give Jericho the jump he does off of corner (as that has been his new signature for a while)

Ambrose (the slap on the ropes and front dropkick signature with his lariet. And elbow drop with his dirty deeds as finishers. (Just because he will rarely do them otherwise or less than others).

Cesaro (springboard uppercut as signature) (also give him the uppercut whenever available).

Gave KO superkick as sig along with the piledriver he does.

Pop up and frog splash as finishers.

Among using sandows, i've lost about 20 hours worth of edited moves and wrestlers. Currently, fuming at life.

Think there should be at least 4 signature moves, you can pick, that the wrestler tends to do most at the end of their "momenteum" when the other wrestler kicks out just before 3... if you get what i mean..

• 4 weeks later...

Archived