She's a work in progress.....but also a hugger.

Shiftygism

That's kinda funny given that's actually her face.

I used a texture, not the face upload.

It needs a bit more structure work, like slimming out the sides and definitely moving the mouth up a bit, but it resembles her more than any CAW I've seen this year given no one ever includes her laugh lines, or makes them bold enough.

Let's face it, she has a granny face, and the laugh lines are her most striking facial feature.

Seriously? Dude, if you can't take feedback then don't post your previews here. You need to use a whole lot of deformation on that face, because -to be blunt- it doesn't look like her. There are features that you can see, but the whole thing is rather unbalanced.

I can see that you've added the details, and that's good because face lines and wrinkles are things that define a CAW, but I honestly feel like the face needs to catch up to that detail first.

For example, if you're gonna give her a smiling expression, which is fine, then don't give her eyes a piercing stare. Give them a squint. To add to that, the skintone needs a change and, like you referenced, the head shape. If you want, I can help you alter the colours of the texture and shit like that.

No-one's nailed a Bayley this year, but I don't feel like this is any closer than others have gotten. Don't blow up when people critique, cause those people can help you tons.

Who's "blowing up?"

I merely replied.

Chill.

And I didn't add the detail, as I said, that's her actual face, I used a pic as a texture overlay not the face upload feature which doesn't work that well for certain individuals (Bayley, Asuka, Hacksaw, Sid, etc.) Though I did find a really good Sid on PS4 recently that not a lot of people have noticed, I need to find out who did that one and mention him here.

Nah, I generally found it amusing.

Like I said it's a work in progress, wasn't expecting any "heroes welcome."

While there's a nicer way of saying that it needs work, you were incredibly defensive from the get go. You pretty much said "well, it is her face because it's a picture of her face" which really is only half the battle.

Also, I can find about 3 more off of the top of my head which resemble her more than this one. By the way, best one this year belongs to Mustacio; hands down.

The face is very cartoony at the moment. The features just aren't realistic; smiles aren't that narrow and the eyes are misshapen. It's got some potential for sure, but it just needs to be dialled back a little. The tights look great by the way.

Eh, for the most part I think I misinterpreted your opening bit as just "well I used her face, so how could it not look like her?", so I apologise for any misunderstanding. If you want, I could give you a hand on colouring the texture and general balance of the face.

I'm not sure what photo you used, but even after you do the necessary morphing I think the laugh lines are going to be way to prominent. I wonder if there's a way to fix that somehow, it's probably something to do with the lighting used in the picture you used, hmm...

Attire is spot on though, brilliant looking.

26434317421_7695dd8363_b.jpg

Round two.

Better?

I need to switch positions in front of the tv next time, she looks chubbier in the pics than what I was seeing in-game.

This looks way better. The only thing throwing it off for me is the mouth. And possibly make the eyes a little more squinted. Bayley doesn't really have large open eyes.

It needs a bit more structure work, like slimming out the sides and definitely moving the mouth up a bit, but it resembles her more than any CAW I've seen this year given no one ever includes her laugh lines, or makes them bold enough.

A normal response would have been "okay, thank you for the suggestions". If you didn't want to accept people's opinions or suggestions then I'm not entirely sure why you even posted it. You posted your CAW onto a public forum and people are entitled to give their feedback.

Obviously you think that this CAW is the shit and sadly, no-one else sees it that way which has clearly made you feel defensive. Try being more humble and being open minded about the posibility that your CAW really isn't that good. It can be though, if you listen to the experienced CAW makers on this forum (myself being one of them).

A normal response would have been "okay, thank you for the suggestions". If you didn't want to accept people's opinions or suggestions then I'm not entirely sure why you even posted it. You posted your CAW onto a public forum and people are entitled to give their feedback.

Obviously you think that this CAW is the shit and sadly, no-one else sees it that way which has clearly made you feel defensive. Try being more humble and being open minded about the posibility that your CAW really isn't that good. It can be though, if you listen to the experienced CAW makers on this forum (myself being one of them).

As I said, I wasn't being defensive, I was joking around. Do I think my first attempt was "the shit"?

Hell no.

I said it needed more work, but I thought it shared the most striking feature which every Bayley character I've seen on PS4 lacked and that's her laugh lines. It was clearly labeled a WIP though and despite what you think, I actually do appreciate and have taken the guy's suggestions and have worked them into improving the face which has already came a long way from my initial version (I'll have a pic up of my current progress tonight). I'm well aware that you rarely knock shit out of the park on the first try, which I know from experience as I'm also a veteran CAW maker.

And yeah, as someone pointed out above I tend to over-exaggerate focal elements early on like for instance the laugh lines and then try to dial them back. I don't know if it's because I'm still programmed by the All Stars' creator or what, but it nearly always involves some fine tuning to get it right....or as close as you can.

But yeah, if I didn't care what y'all thought, I would've whipped this out...

s333t4.jpg

;)

Yeah, I was going for a smirk.

It's gone in version three.

Round 2 as you call it still needs work (i'm sure you're aware of that of course) but you did great at better blending the laugh lines. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes as you continue to work at it. :cool:

also, guys, try to remember that tone doesn't translate well over text. It's likely that you guys might've been feeling as if he was being defensive when he was more likely just taking the piss out of it.

Gonna' be honest, didn't even read your response.

The features are all wonky. The mouth is up in places, down in places.. The eyes don't match at all, the eyebrows are like a squiggly line. Basically, I think you need to take more care on the morphing and actually comparing it to a good reference picture rather than just guessing.

Archived