So it's beginning and I wanted to set the record straight...

Ernez

So people have started their videos/information sites like normal for WWE2k17. However the first thing they say is these people are confirmed because they were scanned, which isn't the case...

I know most of us avid WWE2k fans will know this, but for the people who don't follow very well, I wanted to make this video for you.

Are they using a different scanning systems? It looks bit different from before

Yup looks like they have upgraded their scanning tools and it looks great.

I think regarding the scans, Brock will be one of those wrestlers that might not be scanned again for this year's game.

Saw this on this forums wwe picture thread. 2K should hire the guy who created this to make models for them as this is the most realistic Brock Lesnar CG model I have ever seen (and so are the other models he did). PS4 and XBONE is capable of having this kind of models if not they could reduce some of the model's polygon count but retain this as their base (but I could be wrong since I don't know much about creating 3D models)

30kujx1.jpg

Yeah, honestly at the end of the day it doesn't matter if someone is scanned, if the WWE says no to roster member or 2K has to cut someone who has yet to be finished due to time restraints, it simply cannot be helped.

Should pin this. This argument will be had countless times in the next few months.

Yeah, honestly at the end of the day it doesn't matter if someone is scanned, if the WWE says no to roster member or 2K has to cut someone who has yet to be finished due to time restraints, it simply cannot be helped.

Just annoys me to see countless videos and/or news reports saying they're confirmed. Then when the roster is announced they'll pretend they "promised" the people lol

Being scanned means nothing. DDP was scanned in the SVR2011 timeframe. He didn't appear until WWE13, two games later.#

Sasha Banks was the first person scanned ready for WWE2K16, she didn't appear in the base game or the DLC.

I guess the Sasha Banks that appears in WWE 2K17 will use a Feb 2015 scanning sesseion assets? That's crazy when you think about it.

Being scanned means nothing. DDP was scanned in the SVR2011 timeframe. He didn't appear until WWE13, two games later.#

Sasha Banks was the first person scanned ready for WWE2K16, she didn't appear in the base game or the DLC.

I guess the Sasha Banks that appears in WWE 2K17 will use a Feb 2015 scanning sesseion assets? That's crazy when you think about it.

I don't think they even had scanning around for SVR11.

I highly doubt Sasha Banks was the first person scanned ready for WWE 2K16, she was the first to reply on twitter about being scanned. There were probably a ton of people scanned and re-scanned before her.

I don't think they even had scanning around for SVR11.

I highly doubt Sasha Banks was the first person scanned ready for WWE 2K16, she was the first to reply on twitter about being scanned. There were probably a ton of people scanned and re-scanned before her.

They did scan in svr2011 days, however instead of doing it like it is now, they added a texture from that scan instead of a cgi model.

They did scan in svr2011 days, however instead of doing it like it is now, they added a texture from that scan instead of a cgi model.

Yeah I think that technique's been around for a good few years, a photograph is scanned, put on a texture and wrapped around a hand built model.

It's so cool now that they can scan a model (i.e superstar) completely, and have it mapped and built in real time. I guess the next step would be to have the model complete some movements, and then all the animations to be built off that.

Of course I for one think the next big step needs to be "ragdoll" physics, rather than canned "selling" animations. However having witnessed many a hilarious WTF moment in FIFA as a result, I don't mind if they perfect it first!!

Should pin this. This argument will be had countless times in the next few months.

Just annoys me to see countless videos and/or news reports saying they're confirmed. Then when the roster is announced they'll pretend they "promised" the people lol

My favorite is when the fake twitter accounts start with exclusive "inside information."

My favorite is when the fake twitter accounts start with exclusive "inside information."

Last year when that guy came around here and said he had that info, I banned him. People got mad at me saying he was legit but he wasn't in the end.

Last year when that guy came around here and said he had that info, I banned him. People got mad at me saying he was legit but he wasn't in the end.

I was glad you did.

Truth is we won't know until IGN does their roster reveal. I will flip my lid if Shinsuke isn't in.

i would believe he has a very good chance being in. although i see him being DLC

Be a hell of a selling point for DLC actually, like Joe was for 16.

Truth is we won't know until IGN does their roster reveal. I will flip my lid if Shinsuke isn't in.

i would believe he has a very good chance being in. although i see him being DLC

Be a hell of a selling point for DLC actually, like Joe was for 16.

I thinks theres a really good chance of him being in, since he did debut before Wresltemania which is the cutoff date for the roster. He'll likely be DLC though, i can't see him being already in the game by default. But yeah if he's not in i'm gonna be pissed, he's pretty much the one guy i must have confirmed for 2K17 or i'm gonna lose it.

Considering all of his signature moves are in already, I can see Nakamura being rushed in. Especially since it'll be a huge selling point for the Japanese market. Last time he was in a video game, he was a young boy, and this game should see at least three Japanese talents in Hideo, Asuka, and Nakamura ontop of Bullet Club members in Balor, AJ, Gallows, and Anderson.

Considering all of his signature moves are in already, I can see Nakamura being rushed in. Especially since it'll be a huge selling point for the Japanese market. Last time he was in a video game, he was a young boy, and this game should see at least three Japanese talents in Hideo, Asuka, and Nakamura ontop of Bullet Club members in Balor, AJ, Gallows, and Anderson.

I don't think it would be a rush, he was confirmed in February to have signed, plenty of notice for 2K to start work on him - especially as WrestleMania usually seems to be the cutoff period. My only concern is that they'll use him as an enticement for DLC.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived