Dark Souls Series

CROSS-Out

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk if it's the way my brother plays but it just seems to be "run here, kill shit, move on" with no cutscenes and stuff. Seems not for me

Dark Souls doesn't force feed the story to you. That isn't to say there is none, but it doesn't force you to your knees and make you watch 30 minutes of cutscene.

Dark Souls doesn't force feed the story to you. That isn't to say there is none, but it doesn't force you to your knees and make you watch 30 minutes of cutscene.

One of my main issues with Witcher 3. I felt like I was watching an interactive movie. It's not an "experience", it's just dull.

One of my main issues with Witcher 3. I felt like I was watching an interactive movie. It's not an "experience", it's just dull.

I take it you're not a fan of JRPGs, or MGS then? Because Witcher 3 is positively mild compared to them. At least Witcher lets you jump through dialogue.

Never played dark souls before ever. I've been playing ds 3 and I can't stop. Shit is so addicting! It is stressful af, it's beautiful, it's hard and unforgiving and by todays standards it sets itself apart. So glad I tried this out. I'm now officially a fan. Anyone recommend Bloodborne? I'm thinking about getting that now too!

Never played dark souls before ever. I've been playing ds 3 and I can't stop. Shit is so addicting! It is stressful af, it's beautiful, it's hard and unforgiving and by todays standards it sets itself apart. So glad I tried this out. I'm now officially a fan. Anyone recommend Bloodborne? I'm thinking about getting that now too!

I will never ever stop recommending Bloodborne. Though keep in mind Bloodborne plays slightly differently. no blocking, all dodging, and slightly faster combat.

Stuck on Abyss Watchers atm.

Go defensive on phase one, they'll eventually start fighting eachother and you can focus one of them easier. second phase, get good with i-frames.

It's settled then. I'm getting Bloodborne after this. The no blocking should be interesting.

To be fair, there is one single shield in the (non DLC) game. Its a joke item, it will block one single hit, and then stagger you.

It's settled then. I'm getting Bloodborne after this. The no blocking should be interesting.

To be fair, there is one single shield in the (non DLC) game. Its a joke item, it will block one single hit, and then stagger you.

Hella good against arcane though.

So is the Darkmoon covenant just broken? I never get summoned. Since I'm going for the platinum I need 30 Proof of a Concord Kept which you get by being summoned into someone's game and defeating an invading phantom.

You can farm them from the Silver Knights in Anor Londo but the drop rate is way too low. In 2 hours of farming I got 5... So another 25 at this rate will take 12 hours of grinding...

The covenants are just poorly designed as of now. Darkmoon Blades and Sentinels do exactly the same and it's not even working cross-region anymore. Combine that with the fact you have to wait for someone to even be invaded in the first place, that shit takes ages.

I'm referring to the wooden shield, not the badass arcane shield in the DLC (which is indeed amazing against arcane, especially since certain enemies in bloodborne abuse the hell out of arcane). The wooden shield can only take a single hit before staggering. Because From Software is nothing if not willing to joke.

I want a bloodborne 2. I mean, i'm fairly certain it'll happen since the souls series in general is From Softwares cash cow, but with DS coming to an end, I imagine we'll get a continuation of bloodborne and maybe another new setting (sci-fi plz).

I'm referring to the wooden shield, not the badass arcane shield in the DLC (which is indeed amazing against arcane, especially since certain enemies in bloodborne abuse the hell out of arcane). The wooden shield can only take a single hit before staggering. Because From Software is nothing if not willing to joke.

I want a bloodborne 2. I mean, i'm fairly certain it'll happen since the souls series in general is From Softwares cash cow, but with DS coming to an end, I imagine we'll get a continuation of bloodborne and maybe another new setting (sci-fi plz).

Dude, I know. The planks shield is secretely killer against arcane, and I don't think people ever realized that. It ALMOST makes the DLC one redundant. Not quite, because arcane weapons and stuff, but it's good. The plank trivializes Rom, for example. Legit.

Archived